“Fantastic!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Chemin des Dunes B.P. 901, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My first holiday abroad in 7 years and booked this hotel on an impulse. Needless to say when I read the reviews on here I suddenly became very anxious and concerned about staying in this hotel. I was going for a weeks holiday with my mum to chill out and didn't like the sound of the hotel. My first impression at agadir wasn't the best, immigration took two hours to get through, portors grabbing your bags and asking for tips,and seeing the buildings you do start to get concerned about the place you'll be seeing.
Think it's fair to say I shouldn't have ever worried about the hotel. I cannot rave enough about it. We arrived midnight to the restaurant being kept open for us, kind smiling faces, and portors to take our bags to our rooms whilst we ate.
The one thing I believe let the hotel down was the weather, the agadir mist certainly lived up to its name but the weather cleared by about 11am each day. Room was a very nice spacious size with a gorgeous garden view, all the food served was amazing, a mixture everyday of local and your basic pizza and chips. Bar staff and hotel staff were incredible, always so lovely and friendly and often talking to me regarding my Arabic tattoo. I have to give the most credit to the incredible entertainment team, they became my friends whilst I was out there and want you to have a lovely time. At night I'd often dance a little with them after their evening shows, and couldn't have asked for better people to be around. Pool was a little cold but believe me on the warmer days it is very appreciated.
I feel that anyone who writes a bad review or criticise this hotel need to relax a little more and realise how good this hotel is for the money we paid. I feel that they have too high expectations for a country that is not yet up to English standards.
I loved the hotel that much I have booked some time of in October to go again before it closes for refurbishment.
Can't wait to see all my friends again!!

Room Tip: Bottom floor have much bigger balcony spaces!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

It is very difficult to find anything critical to say about this hotel. For many years we have chosen to spend Christmas and new year in Egypt, however because of the current situation we were uneasy about going this year. Morocco seemed a good choice due to the climate at this time of year, however choosing the hotel was a little more difficult as the 3 beachfront locations within the Riu group all look impressive.

I had made contact with the general manager Mr Bernardo Martel Fuentes. beforehand and upon arrival found the room contained beautiful fresh flowers, a selection of beverages, and cakes and snacks. The service we received throughout the week from all staff was warm, and welcoming and very hospitable, however Mr Bernardo went out of his way to talk with us and ensure our stay was perfect. He went above and beyond the call of duty with his care and attention to detail. A truly lovely gentleman who does an excellent job with his staff team.

The food is a good quality and plenty of choice and the Gala evenings exceptional. The unfortunate situation that others have mentioned concerning the dining room is true. Very noisy and a little chaotic. We preferred to eat in the Moroccan restaurant for the atmosphere but then the food choice is more limited that the main restaurant but the quality first class again. The Italian restaurant didn't seem particularly Italian but provides a contrast in venue and choice.

The entertainment here is some of the best hotel entertainment I have witnessed with very high quality shows much of the singing was lip synced to pre-recorded original artists but was still convincing the drama and comedy were genuinely funny and the show acts and dancers were entertaining.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and the gardens are well maintained. The pools were rather cold at this time of year and in fact the sea proved warmer. There is an indoor pool, however the water here appeared dirty and the bottom of the pool likewise. This is not the case as it is a problem with rust particles off the ceiling falling into the pool. Not concerning but aesthetically unpleasant. A good selection of fitness equipment in the gym. I understand that the hotel is to have some major refurbishment at some point so I'm guessing the indoor pool will be on the list.

The private beach area is well maintained and we were able to get sunbeds and parasols-infact used the spares as wind breaks in December! The beach is glorious and the sea and waves amazing.

We will definitely be returning here.....frequently!

Room Tip: Make yourself known before hand. All the rooms I saw were very nice, although we preferred to not be...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Just returned home from Tikida Dunas had a lovely relaxing time, all the staff were great and really helpfully. Rooms we're clean and large. Hotel closing later this year for refurb should look nice.Only downside is you have to get up early to save a bed by the pool's.

Room Tip: Email hotel before traveling with your request,I got just what I asked for
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Nice lobby area. Bar service excellent. Make sure to put outside 'do not disturb sign' the night before or else you will be disturbed by door-knock in the morning from the cleaners. Food okay though ques at times. Not suitable for wheel chair as there are no lifts to rooms. Sometimes ants in the room, otherwise good room cleanness. Activities such as Steps, exercise, etc do not start or happen as scheduled. No chance of room availability after check-out time of 11am. I was told this is because there room cleaners leave by 3 p.m. Do not expect food or snacks between 5.30pm to 7pm if your coach transfer is at 7pm (not suitable for diabetics). Bathroom becomes too full of steam after shower as i think the extractor fan is not powerful enough. Entertainment was boring on 3 days of the week. If using outside taxi service make sure to go by meter as it is a lot cheaper than by fix price. Thomson's evening return departure flight times late compared to hotel check-out time of 11am. Bed mattress very hard firm.

Room Tip: Full sea view rooms.
Great Sutton, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Well firstly I would like to say that I am from the North West of England, I too stayed last week 26th may 2014 with my family ( 2 adults and 3 children), we were not racist, neither rude - so that generalised comment from The Crow was a little uncalled for. We have manners, embraced the culture ( yes speaking in French and learning Arabic words too - including the 3 children).
Anyway back to my review on arrival in Morocco - Agadir Airport - visa and passport checks did take a little time, free luggage trolleys to take your cases out to the coach. local people will try and take your luggage from you (for a price), just say no thank you politely and they leave you.
The coach transfer is about 25-30 minutes long. Arrival at the hotel, you leave your luggage at the lobby entrance and check in at the reception - you are given an all inclusive band to wear, pool towel tokens per person and stickers with your room number on - you put these on your cases and the lobby porter will bring them to your room ( they do like a little tip). Safe keys are also available - free of charge too! safe is in your room.
We emailed in advance and spoke to reception to request rooms in block 5, of which we were lucky enough to get - 5110/5111 - first floor rooms with outstanding sea views - These rooms are in block 5, closest to the promenade and the ocean ( every morning we woke to see the dunes in at one end and the port at the other. blocks 1-3 are joined to the main hotel in clusters. Block 5 is not that far from the facilities at all, unless you are going to the playground, kids club or football - they are the opposite end of the hotel but only a short walk.
Good choice of food - buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner - along with snacks served in the afternoon. we also dined in the Moroccan restaurant ( great Moroccan food and a lovely ambience, even with the children), only seated about 12 tables and you could book for the restaurant at the reception or the waiter went round the buffet restaurant taking bookings in the morning. We also dined in the Italian restaurant, it was nice but not really italian cuisine!
Weather - well we went expecting guaranteed sunshine but were a little taken aback by the fact the sun does not really surface until lunchtime - it can be very overcast and grey until about 1pm. Local guides said Agadir can get 3 seasons in 1 day and this is only in Agadir. 25KM up the road was 42 degrees all day - so if you are a sunworshipper think carefully!
Thomson excursions - great choice and there is the safety element, however very expensive and cheaper to do locally. We were 2 females with 3 boys ( 5,9 and 10), we organised a local taxi guide for 200dhs (approx. £17) for 2 hours and he took us up to the Kasbah - the castle, Agadir Marina and the big massive souk and showed us around and waited for us whilst we shopped in the souk - very very friendly and we felt very safe, so long as you tell them exactly where you want to visit or you could end up at a family members shop!.
We did book the camel excursion with Thomson - daily half day tour (cheaper to prebook through Thomson in the UK), great trip for the kids - pick up at 11am, pictures taken by a photographer of your family on the camels, trekking for about 2 hours, past a berber village, through the National Park, past the Army barracks and the palace and along the Sousse River, back to ranch for a cake and Moroccan tea - they sell you the photos they took -- 100dhs ( approx.£8) - good quality and a great souvenir for the kids.
On the promenade there are also mountain bikes for hire - all sizes but no crash helmets!, it cost us 150dhs for an hour for 5 bikes ( £13), we cycled down the promenade to the Marina, this took about 30mins and was a lovely ride - ice creams then and cycled back.
There are hawkers on the promenade selling mainly kaftans/doughnuts - politely say no thanks you or non merci and they leave you alone.
The beach is amazing and great for kids, it has sunbeds and parasols free of charge and is roped off for private use. The Moroccans are al on the beach from 0630am playing football, skipping and power walking down the promenade - it was lovely to see. all my boys were invited many a time to join in with the football matches they were playing - so so friendly.
overall a great cultural experience for my family and I and yes the hotel is mainly French - being a RIU hotel, so the kids club is ran by French staff not Thomson reps - but lots of activities on including table tennis, football, darts, zumba etc - but not forced into doing it.
Hope this helps, I would definitely return and especially as the hotel is due to close at the end of the year for a re fit - updating is required for a 4*.

Room Tip: Request Block 5 - best sea views and quiet rooms, away from main hotel Nice with the bedroom doors...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Beaconsfield, bucks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel. But I have to add don't eat the salads, I was hit with a drastic case of the runs on the 3rd day of my hols and had to call the doctor out on day before I left, then had to pay a porter to get my prescription , what a drama, stomach got back to normal 10 days when I got back I lost 2 kilos my bikini was hanging off me
I did speak t Thompsons reps they were very helpful I also spoke to hotel manager who just said he ate the same food so how come he was ok. He did say that anything to help he would do so a late fee extension was what I had for my troubles
Overall I won't be returning to the same hotel as you go on all exclusive to eat the cuisine not to be running to the 24/7 as I was - it ruined my holiday

• Stayed May 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We spent a week here during half term and returned home on Thursday 29th May 2014. We had a fabulous time, and were treated like royalty from start to finish, all the staff were very friendly and welcoming and couldn't do enough to please their guests. Our Thompson reps, Nita and Abdi were fantastic, their knowledge of the area and trips was second to non, they were approachable, friendly, enthusiastic, hard working and nothing was a problem, and by using all their knowledge and experience we had the best holiday ever - thank you so much. Although the hotel is due a refurbishment very soon, most areas were still high quality, our room was lovely, exceptionally clean with new beds, and furniture and fittings were of high standard. The grounds of the hotel, we thought, were the best in the whole of Agadir, they were kept immaculate, the grounds men working on them constantly. The food was delicious and the Head Chef was always around checking that the quality was high. He even offered to cook any meal any guest required personally. Our waiter, Mohamed, although he wasn't really our personal waiter, always made us feel very welcome and found us a lovely table with great views. We went on several trips, Marrakech, Fantasia, camel trekking and I had a 2 hours body massage - all of which were fantastic and exactly as had been described by Nita and Abdi. The hotel, although full, had so much room, even around the pools, we always managed to get a sun bed without reserving! and there were many areas in the glorious grounds that were totally empty where you could sit quietly and enjoy the green oasis of beautiful green grass, flowers and large attractive ponds. We have stayed in many hotels and this has been a fabulous experience, we could not believe how friendly and welcoming all the staff were. I have read a review on here regarding security staff but I have to say that we thought the security were fabulous even going beyond their duty by informing us when our taxi had arrived for trips or when the land train arrived and holding them for us - but allowing us to sit in the cool of the hotel and have a drink. I would recommend this hotel and resort to family and friends, we have had the most amazing time in Morocco and will definitely come back to this hotel again in the future. Thank you to all the staff at this hotel for making our holiday so amazing and special.

Room Tip: Our room number was 3231 and was a short walk form the main hub of the hotel but was extremely quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas? Share your experiences!