“Customer Service? FANTASTIC.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Chemin des Dunes B.P. 901, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Braunton, United Kingdom
“Customer Service? FANTASTIC.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The level of customer service was the best I have ever experienced even in 5* hotels. The difference with Tikida Dunas is that the management really do think it's important. I lost count of the number of times I saw senior managers walking round the place - all day and evening - all parts of the hotel and the spacious grounds. I have never attended a 'welcome meeting' (I normally avoid them if I can!) where ALL the heads of department appear, speak and stress how much service matters to them all - "if you need anything; if you have any problems; please let us know" - and actually mean it.

I'd stayed next door at Tikida Beach 7 years ago and that was fantastic, so I knew the area and I expected good things from Riu hotels. We were not disappointed. Sure, some things can always be 'better' but this hotel offers great value for money, full range of drinks, food available from 7am to 10pm, plenty of choice etc. etc. We had no interest in evening entertainment so can't comment on that but it's only half an hour's stroll to the town centre along the lovely promenade, so why stay in the hotel every night?

Having read reviews on Tripadvisor prior to the trip I knew to ask for a top floor room in Block 5 - and we got one. You're right by the sea and in the quietest area of the complex. Perfect. The animation team were extremely animated (they do what it says on the tee-shirts) which although we didn't participate much was good to see; unlike the trip to Fuetaventura with my daughter last year when 10 minutes of waterpolo was more or less the best thing on offer for the whole of the week.

The beach is great for walking into town and getting some exercise during the day. Reward yourself with a fresh orange juice from one of the many cafes overlooking the sea. Stroll back and lie down by one of the many pools or in a sunny spot in the lovely gardens. What a way to spend a week.

One tip about dinner in the main restaurant - if you like eating outside and looking at the gardens and the sunset over the sea, go to the side of the restaurant, outside, where there a few tables laid and you have the view and plenty of space around you and far better waiter service for drinks. The restaurant is very busy at peak times butwe found sitting outside quite blissful and laidback
If you want a week in the sun in a great hotel with more food and drink than you can possibly need then I can't recommend Tikida Dunas too highly. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Block 5, top floor if you want the best sea view and a quiet room. You can leave the french doors o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
Reading, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We didn't have the nicest placed room but the rooms were clean, good sized, ipad sized safe (not that we had one) which was free, aircon really was rubbish but that might have been early season deliberate setting.

I hear the same thing everytime i go outside of the uk, "i'm not sure on the food". If you can't eat at the buffet restaurant here, then you must starve at home. They always have a bit of moroccan on, as well as chips and pizza if thats as adventuras as you'll be.

Went to moroccan restaurant on site, pretty good, apart from the odd sized seating (in all moroccan restaurants).

Did 2 trips with Thomson. 4x4 atlas - okay but stretched to fill a day, we were back by 3.30 and had a 2 hours boring lunch, one of the 'attractions' is to see the waterfall, however its only a waterfall in the winter months, it is just a rockface.

did marakesh, long old day, worth doing but will never go back, thats not a nice place to be in the evening, glad we didnt do the overnight.

all people in hotel friendly, free wifi in main bar / lobby. There are hundreds of kids though, so if you are not great around them, you might want to stear clear. good selection of drinks, cocktails etc. animation left you alone if you didn't want to be interrupted.

the pool was freezing (though some still went in), but that seems to be the way nowadays.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2000's, 3000's is close to pool, ours were near the tennis court / main road...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Staff amazing, including the senior members of staff who were always in view and approachable. First hotel we've ever stayed in where the senior staff have been introduced at a welcome meeting. To start with we thought this was a bit corney but they really were on view all the time and wasn't because there was an issue, it was purely because there was an interest in the hotel and its guests. Pools lovely but a little chilly, sea was warmer. Nice breeze. Great walks to the port (about 50 mins walk). A few sellers around but nothing pushy.

Food in restaurants nice, would recommend booking the italian or morrocan to avoid main dining rush. Morrocan restaurant they sometimes sit you on a table with others from your country which we found very intersting, a good way to get you talking to others.

All of the staff are so friendly and willing to help you. On arrival we had a couple of issues with missing light bulbs, cold water and no TV signal, they were all sorted within 24 hours.

Would recommend asking for a matress cover due to new matresses (yet again, absolutely no problem when asking for this). We were called by staff to ensure all issues had been resolved.

Having stayed at Riu Tikida Gardens in Marrakech and this Riu, we would definitely stay at another Riu hotel. Others we spoke to also spoke highly of Riu hotels, not just in Morocco.

The only thing we could find fault in would be that the hotel doesn't seem bothered about people putting towels out to reserve pool beds and that smoking is allowed in Reception/bar area indoors. Rooms a little tired decor wise but still comfortable.

Recommend the atlas walk trip (half day)

Room Tip: We had a sea view room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Long review hope your sitting comfortably.

We stayed for One week between 30th May - 6th June 2013

Arrival - We had a nice welcome arrival non alcoholic cocktails hello's from management and staff, our suitcases taken so we can check in comfortably. Felt like a bit of a celebrity if I'm honest haha.

Room - We stayed in room 2020 which has a terrace looking into the garden area, room was clean, air con worked and was definitely needed in the night as it gets hot, bathroom and segregate shower/sink rooms. The room is near the roadside from the front door side but we could not hear the cars much. The rooms are not totally sound proof we could hear the people upstairs child making a lot of noise but luckily we were not in the room all the time for this to become to much of a problem. The views from the terrace was lovely, garden area the ponds were being fixed but we were fortunate enough to see a Turtle, a pink dragon fly and a lot of birds and frogs. The Bull frogs do make a lot of noise at night but this I'd not bother us. The terrace door locked properly, the safe is key operated and was fine. There is a family of cats/kittens on the grounds too but hey do not and are not allowed indoors. The shower can takeaway little while to get hot but when your hot from the weather already sometimes it better.

The bed was too hard for me I had to sleep on the sofa bed which was very comfortable.

No kettle, there is a mini fridge which you get Two complimentary bottles of water per day.

Maid service - polite, friendly and cleaned every day, if you do not want them to disturb you use the red door tag and they won't use the green tag if you go out and do want the room cleaned, if you don't use a tag and your still asleep they will not and come in and check if you want them to o anything or need loo roll/water.

Staff- everyone was lovely and it was not faked they do not even ask or expect tips, you can tell they love what they do. A lot of staff we spoke to daily and we learned some French and Arabic from them, a lot of the staff do understand English but I think it is polite to try and speak there language or t least learn a little. We tipped staff we became friendly with on leaving as a thank you.

I become ill on the 2nd day in bad tummy, I did overindulge and I have a sensitive stomach after speaking with the First Choice rep and the chef they were happy to bring me some food to my room as I could not leave (soup, sandwich ) which was lovely of them. Bar staff also made me some green/mint tea which they gave to my friend each time she passed to bring back to me to help with my tummy.

Wifi- this is only in the lobby - it's free but the more people that use it the slower it gets there's no point in using it after 7pm as the lobby is packed and you cannot get on to it at all.

Shows - We watched One which was like a Mr and Mrs show and it was extremely funny. Shows start at 9pm and are different each night.

Food- the main breakfast/ restaurant/ lunch there was a lot of variety, you had food to suit the westerners, local food, salads, fruits, desserts, there was so much I see some people have said it becomes repetitive but I guess for people staying or Two weeks it would do but I can't complain as I tried stuff I will never get to try here in England, thy even had a dish that my grandmother makes so I was happy. As I said before I over indulged. Chilli con carne was divine, so were the beef and lamb tagines's .

Moroccan restaurant - you have to book and there are Two sittings 1st sitting is at 6:30pm and 2nd sitting I believe was 8:30pm, the food was delicious it is self serve buffet and the food was cooked on the spot, fresh and replenished quickly.

Italian Restaurant - same time different days - I did not get to go in the restaurant because I was I'll but the food they brought me soup, baguette, ham and mozzarella with tomatoes was nice. My friend did say that the Moroccan restaurant was the better out of the Two. You don't pay for this restaurant, it's included but you have to book, which books you info the next day but when we were having breakfast a chef asked us if we would like to book for that evening so we were lucky to get in same day.

I loved the barbecue grill they had at lunch time, just make sure if it is poultry that it is cooked properly I watched them cooking and they did use separate tongs to pick up the raw and to cook the meat, so there was no cross contamination.

Drinks - there was your main spirit/ whiskers/beer/cocktails and some others they don't do baileys but there was an alternative they do which people did say was nice. Loved the beer and the creme de cassis. All free but glasses are small for some drinks, cups of tea come in really small tea cup. I don't know about you but I like a good size mug of tea to start the day.

Did not try the snack bar I. Not terribly fond of these especially seeing many guests not washing there hands after using the toilets, plus was very full from the main meals.

Spa - had a scrub, mud wrap and massage which we got a good deal with Thompson rep worked out roughly around £25 in English money and it was worth every penny, my skin is still soft and glowing and I've been back 3 days,

Hotel Gift shop - lovely ladies and stuff but you may find stuff cheaper in local shops. They have your everyday essentials,gifts, magazines and snacks.

a nice walk along the promenade by the beach and to have a look at he shops is nice but don't get sucked in by the sellers they will pester but a polite Non Merci/ No Thank you and they should leave you alone the people that try to offer you a massage again say no as they will expect money.

There is a little tourist train that starts at 10:30am ish and stops right outside the hotel, which will take you around Agadir for a little tour, it's 18 Dirham and you can either stay on for the whole trip which takes you back to the hotel or you can get off and get back on as long as you have your ticket. The guy waves a bell if he is coming along and you Reno the other side of the road give them a wave and they will wait for you, the seats are small so I you have longs legs it will be a bit uncomfortable though.

If you are going in the sea just be careful as there are Jellyfish but it is still beautiful and nice to go in when the sun is hot.

We did not do any excursions as the holiday was simply for some rest.

All in all I had a great time and even though I was I'll for Two days I did not let this dampen my spirits and still enjoyed what I could.

Room Tip: Room 2020 is ground look with terrace, if you are fine with the sounds of bull frogs and crickets no...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have just returned after 10 nights, this was are first trip to morocco and we had the best holiday ever and have decided to rebook again next year, when we arrived late that night we were greeted by the staff with cocktails and they also kept the Moroccan restaurant open so we could eat while they took our bags to are room, the hotel was very clean and well kept, the staff and animation team were outstanding they were so helpful and friendly and always stopped to have a chat and a laugh, I feel that it was the staff that made are holiday so special, the management team were there from first thing in the morning till last thing at night and also available for a chat, the food was great and plenty of choice, we made many great friends during our stay, I would like to thank all the staff and management team for a fabulous holiday see you again next year

• Stayed May 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We have recently returned from a 1 week holiday at the dunas. We arrived to a great welcome and everything from the room to the service was of a good standard so we were quite content. We enjoyed the Moroccan restaurant very much as the atmosphere was great. All the staff in the hotel were very friendly and we also learnt a bit of Arabic, so shukran.
There were a few activities to take part in the day but nothing really varied. As we could tell the families with children were happy as the kids were always entertained.
As the week drew on though I found a few people including myself got a bit bored as there is little to do at night time except for the founty show which is mainly for children or the elderly.
The real down point of the holiday was half way through when myself and my wife were taken ill some form of bug which kept us room bound and a lot of that in the toilet. We had booked a trip to Marrakech for that week but were ill and could not go and there was no money back. Quite a few people we had grew to know had also been ill and one had been room stricken for four days of a week holiday. We could only eat bread and others had the misfortune of being extremely ill on there return and flight back home.
Overall average experience mainly dew to the people we met but have no desire to return.

• Stayed May 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here for 2weeks from the 23rd May. Hotel and staff were excellent. We had a room with sea and pool view room 3221, great to watch lots going on down the promenade. Hotel is spotlessly clean and gardens kept immaculate. Food is great, loads of choice at all meal times including sweets and only problem is eating too much. Weather was cloudy early morning but sun came out every day and got very hot by afternoon. Free wifi in reception area as previously mentioned is slow. However, did the job and was able to access every night. Tennis courts were available every time we tried and well kept. Frogs were very loud for first few nights when we arrived but less noticeable after that and did not stop us from sleeping. Managers and staff were always available and constantly present around hotel complex throughout day and night so cannot understand if anyone had problems with anything how they could not be sorted at the time. Shorter flight of 3 hours 20 minutes was a dream. We were in the hotel for 10.30ish on arrival day and left at 8.15am to return home, no hanging around or hassle. We will definitely return soon. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas? Share your experiences!