“Agadir Bliss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

You added ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas to your Saves list
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Chemin des Dunes B.P. 901, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Join us & get 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Bridgend
“Agadir Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

One of the best all inclusive hotels that we have stayed in!!. Excellent large well appointed rooms, good pool areas with plenty of space and ample sun-beds.This is a lovely hotel in a beautiful position, right on the prom. Go and enjoy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have always used these reviews when deciding on my choice of hotel and often take them with a pinch of salt as peoples expectations can vary so much. They do prove useful and hence I feel it only fair I add to the library.

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Tikidi Dunas in Morocco and can confirm many of the previous reports that you will not be disappointed spending a holiday here.

Checkin at the hotel was super quick with the animation team handing out the all inclusive wrist bands. The next thing that happened was one of the only disappointments in that we were not given a room but asked to return in 2 / 3 hours. In the mean time we could use the hotels facilities. We therefore had lunch and then waited (in the clothes we travelled in) for our room. Fortunately we had come for 2 weeks however had we only travelled for a week this would have been a chunk out of our quality time during our holiday.

Rooms are large and clean. We had not paid for a sea view and hence did not get a room in block 3 or 5 which have the best views. Our room was in block 2 on the top floor and had a small sea view. Our bigger concern was that the room backed onto the main road however this was not a worry as we rarely heard the road. For those who like an early night block 4 is close to the noise of the live entertainment albeit this finishes by 11pm.

The pools are large and inviting although I can confirm other reports that they were cold (what outside pool isn’t at this time of year?) but once brave enough to get in the pool it felt really good and invigorating. The indoor pool was a lot warmer so all can have swim.

The all inclusive drinks were the best we have had. A good selection of ready made cocktails were well worth trying although the alcoholic content varied from day to day. The Morrocan wine was readily available. I really liked the red and my wife the Rose. The white was also drinkable.

The food was available all day and one didn’t have to be a piggy to over eat. One just had to try everything and one was rarely disappointed. Even a fussy eater would find a good selection and would definitely not starve. All puddings were excellent and I started the stay trying all the sweet gooey ones but graduated onto those that looked less attractive and wish I tried these earlier. The Almond cake tasted just like good old fashioned home made cake. I would strongly recommend the fish.

All staff were fantastic, really friendly. The animation team worked very hard thoughout the day and the evening. We took part in the darts for a few days following which those staff always involved greated me by name. Very impressive with the number of guests around. The prize for willing the darts was a t shirt on every day except the day when I won when I only won a certificate (this really spoilt the holiday for me as I so wanted a T Shirt – only joking guys you were wonderful). One thing to be aware of is the music that the animation team play around the pool during the day. If you don’t like load disco music sit away from the Animation hut. For us it was very annoying. Why couldn’t they play more relaxing music. We are on holiday.

The management team of the hotel were always walking around talking to guests, making sure everything was right and getting staff to change things that were not spot on.

Evening entertainment consisted of some light music around the bar area followed by a “show” in the concert room at 9-45pm. Once again this was down to the animation team who were all multi talented. They were not singers and hence did not try to sing. There was some miming, lots of dancing and some comedy. One does not expect a west end production at a hotel and these certainly weren’t and the quality varied from night to night. Some nights we wished it went on for much longer and on a couple of occasions Im sorry but we along with others walked out. Chaps the Legends night didn’t work for us, why couldn’t the legends have all been well known music legends. Cant understand the dancing to Ghandi? We were encouraged to take part in the Mr & Mrs night but bottled it but with hindsight it would have been a terrific laugh. That said Im very pleased I wasn’t roped into the Mr Rui competition, very embarrassing.

The weather was generally very good although a strong wind blew for most of the time which has its benefits and disadvantages. Apparently they blow during March and April.

We ventured out of the hotel. The beach is wide but with the wind wasn’t good to spend the day on. If one gets up early all the locals are on the beach (especially Sunday when there were literally thousand playing football at 8am). The walk into town took 25 – 30 mins and yes you were approached to buy things on your way but one just keeps on walking. Venturing into the shops was a nightmare as they are desperate to sell. If they only realised it they would sell far more if they let people browse. One then had to haggle with the price which is OK once or twice but becomes a bind. Never pay the starting price. One item we looked at but were never going to buy started at 800 DIR (£60) and despite us saying it was too heavy for us to take home the price eventually came down to 100 DIR (£7.50) as we were walking away. Only wish that would happen with something I really wanted.

We went on one organised trip (trekking in the Mountains) which was a thorouly enjoyable day. As at any resort the prices of day trips seem high but for £30 each we feel this was a good way to spend 6 hours. We stopped for a Berber breakfast which I wasn’t looking forward to but really enjoyed.

Was it a great holiday – Yes. Would I go again – No, well not until I have seen all the other places I want to experience and then yes I would revisit as this hotel made for a really enjoyable holiday. Book it with confidence but don’t go in the middle of summer as it will be far to hot.

Room Tip: Best sea views are in Blocks 3 & 5. Block 2 has some sea views mainly on top storey. Not sure...
Bexalina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Arrived 9th April at about 1030am, rooms not ready. We are family of 5 with toddler so not best start. Had booked flights and hotel separately and as a non Thomson package customer they would not guarantee us two connecting rooms prior to arrival. Upon check in they could still not tell us. Finally after a bit of pushing got rooms at about 130pm but others had to wait even longer.
We had paid for sea view. We were shown to our rooms which were not connecting and had a sliver of a sea view. We debated what to do as really unhappy & in the end my husband went down and complained, immediately offered room change to another block higher floor with a true sea view and connecting rooms!! So an hour earlier we were told absolutely no connecting rooms available, only now to be given them. However this cheered us up and we went on to really enjoy our stay.
Food excellent.
Service outstanding.
Pools lovely (my children in them for hours every day) yes they are cold but no worse than some other places we have been.
Cleanliness fantastic.
Entertainment team amazing, so friendly and hard working and professional.
Rooms very big, cleaned & towel change daily.
Don't take beach towels as they give you them.
Location ok. Beach is wide and sandy but think could be made more of across from hotel. Bit of a trek to anything of interest.
Weather warm but very windy so much so we couldn't sit in it at times. Sand blows in face in afternoons making going to beach impossible with small children really.
No problems with us from staying with different nationalities, we like it and the French are not at all favoured as has been previously stated.
Used taxi to sightsee up to Old Walled Town and take in view & drop us at Souk for an hour. Be really firm with driver, they will try and take you to shops where they clearly earn some commission.
We paid 200 Dirham for about 2 hours of taxi time which is a bargain (about £17 I think)
Agadir itself was not hugely appealing to me but that's personal opinion.
This hotel is overall fabulous and I would recommend it especially to families.

• Stayed April 2012
Dudley West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Arrived at the ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas in Agadir on the 30th March 2012 till the 6th April 2012 for the second part of our two centre break had to fill in one of those silly little forms again then was shown our hotel room, this hotel is a lot older than our previous hotel in Marrakech (Clubhouse Riu Tikida Palmarie Hotel). The first room we were shown was clean but very old I went to the toilet and went to flush the toilet and the whole of the two button plate came away in my hand. Went to reception and they moved us immediately to another room which over looked the gym/indoor pool and sea.

Again the room was laid out exactly the same as the other hotel in Marrakech fridge hair dryer separate toilet the maid was in every day and left Two bottles of water, and clean towels. Outside the gardens were well kept both indoor and outdoor pools were fine, plenty of sun beds, again we were staying on an all inclusive basis the food and drink is exactly the same as in Marrakech so no complaints here. Also there are Two extra restaurants one Moroccan and one Italian. Inside smoking was allowed by the bar but no smoking in the reception area, the same again in the theatre area no smoking.

The rear of the hotel leads you on to the beach the hotel has it’s own beach right opposite and security guards are on duty to make sure you don’t get pestered by the countless sellers. The harbour is very smart very new a lovely place it doesn’t look far to walk from the hotel to the harbour but it’s good fifty minutes once you pass the other hotels close to the Tikida Dunas you start to come across small shops and all sorts of restaurants.

Again all the staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful all the staff work very hard to make your holiday go without any problems.

The only thing we didn’t like about a Two centre break was the traveling from Marrakech to Agadir was just over 4 hours on the coach and then when we were due to fly home we had to travel all the way back to Marrakech to get to airport.

Room Tip: Ask for Sea View room
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We are halfway through our week stay at the Tikida Dunas. A lovely hotel in a beautiful setting but scratch the surface a little and it appears to be a thin veneer. We arrived early evening having booked a room for three, 2 adults and a 7 yr old. Having paid for three we only had a twin bed made up on arrival. No problem, a quick call to reception to put right. Was told 30 mins, rang again after 30 mins, 20 mins sir. Rang again after another 20 mins and was told "this is. Ot reception problem sir". Then who exactly am I supposed to talk to if not reception? 90 mins later housekeeping finally arrived. Not a good start.

We bboked this hotel on the basis that our son loves swimmimng and the hotel has 4 pools. Unfortunately thEy neglected to tell us the pools were all unheated and he wouldn't go near them. And I have to say that for a resort with daytime temps of 26 degrees (mid Apr) they were bloody cold. I wouldn't go near them either.

Food is very good for an all-inc but they are very tight with the wine. No bottles on the table you have to attract the waiters' attention every time you want a refil. Annoying but not a major headache. Food seems to be available all day round with much mire than just snacks so this is good. Plenty of ice cream for the kiddies but no ice lollies, nor cones, just bowls.

The resort itself is very windy, especially early morning and late afternoon; typical of an Atlantic coast resort so should come as no real surprise but just be aware if you are not nautical-minded and understand world weather patterns. The wind is warm but does whip up the sand giving your exposed flesh a free exfoliation!

Wifi is restricted to the reception area which again is a nause as it makes the area permanently crowded with people like me who cannot release their grip on technology even whilst on holiday.

In summary the hotel is lovely and the staff are very friendly but I do not believe it is quite up to the required standard for a holiday of this rating and expense. Could do better is my assessment thus far.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms an obvious choice but you do get the full force of the wind. On the upside you get mag...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We spent a week at this hotel in early April 2012. Had a great time, the standard of food and the hotel was excellent. The Deputy Manager, Jacob was especially helpful and friendly. We have been on similar all inclusive holidays and felt that the overall standard of food and accommodation in Morocco was considerably higher. In addition to the main restaurant, there were two other places to eat, an Italian and a Moroccan restaurant. These were far more intimate and less crowed than the main restaurant and the food was excellent. Outside the hotel there was much less hassle from local traders who were far less persistent than we have experienced in both Egypt and The Gambia. Agadir is quite a tourist destination and it is well worth exploring other areas outside of Agadir. We took a day trip to Taroudannt with a local taxi driver and very much enjoyed it. It was also considerably cheaper than the Thompsons prices. All in all we would recommend this as a holiday destination.

Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I flew 8 hour overnight to Paris from Detroit, then had another three hours to Casablanca. After a luggage issue, I took a late night flight to Agadir and wondered if all this travel was worth it. Then I was shown to my room, and I just smiled. Riu Tikida Dunas is amazing.

Room: Get an ocean view room even if it costs a little extra. I was in the 3000 block had a balcony view of the pool, the promenade, and the ocean. The room was spacious and clean. Since I was by myself and generally am a clean guy, I only had housekeeping come in once throughout the seven days and she did a great job. The TV was small, but I wasn't there to watch TV.

Food: Anyone who says the food here isn't good is just crazy. I didn't even bother with the dinner restaurant because the buffet was always terrific. There was just about every possible cuisine available for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was terrific as well. The only complaint I have about meals in general were the cats that hang around the outdoor eating areas begging for food.

Facilities and Grounds: The outdoor walls could use a little powerwashing and paint in some places, but that is really being picky. The facilities are well maintained and clean. The lobby area is beautiful and well kept. Holy pool! The main pool is huge and there are plenty of tanning beds for everyone. I only couldn't find one during one afternoon out of my entire stay. There are several bars and they have a nice array of drinks at each.

Service: I can't complain here. The Moroccans take great care of everyone. I was treated very well especially at the bars because I tip, a concept foreign to the Europeans there. I generally gave 10 dirhams (just over $1) per drink which got me to the point that the bartenders were pouring a beer when they saw me approaching. You don't have to tip to get good service there, but the Moroccans sure do appreciate a little and I thought each tip was well worth it. I don't speak French but I found that enough of the staff there spoke English to where my lack of French wasn't at all an issue.

Excursions: I purchased two through Holiday Services which was a vendor on site one of the evenings. I bought the day trip to Marrakech for 740 dirhams and the camel ride on the old promenade for 250 dirhams. The Marrakech trip is an 18 hour day but so amazingly worth it. The camel riding was cool but not a must do.

Bottom line: I was more than satisfied with this trip and it was worth all the flying. Americans are more than welcome here. This place is simply amazing and I'm lookng forward to a return some day in the future.

Room Tip: Get an Oceanview room. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo