“3 star dated but value for money if you dont get a room over the zanziba club” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Tikida Beach

You added Hotel Riu Tikida Beach to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Tikida Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Chemin des Dunes BP 901, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
EARLY BIRD SPRING DEALS
Ranked #16 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“3 star dated but value for money if you dont get a room over the zanziba club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is clean and the rooms large and the food good. It is value for money as it wasn't expensive for a week all inclusive.
However the rooms over the zanziba lounge are a nightmare to be avoidedat all costs. We spent our 1st night there but were upgraded to a suite right on the front which was fantastic.
The entertainment is loud and not good and the rep Saad is far from truthful. He told us we could go to the kasbah at night the reception told us even moroccans dont go at night.
He sold us a trip on the buggies and said he had no credit card slips , tookcash , gave no ticket and we ended up on a back street tour. Thompsons 24-7 text line told me to complain to the rep about the rep !!!! I shall be taking this up with thomsons when I get home.
Tui france incidently has the same trips cheaper so book with them.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Polish first
lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here from 19th Sept - 3rd October. My husband had e-mailed the hotel to inform them of a forthcoming birthday and they had very kindly upgraded us to a full sea view room which was absolutely wonderful. There had been changes to both the area outside the hotel, a great promenade which made walking really easy, and also the Chiringito restaurant had been rebuilt and extended. All in all a super holiday with wonderful staff and we would return in a heartbeat. The food was excellent and the bar staff got to know what your favorite tipple was and took great delight in replenishing your glass Thank you Said!
I must mention the animation team, although we didn't join in any of the activities they were always pleased to sit and chat and ask how you were.
We will definitely return and we won't leave it 7 years next time.
Kind regards to everyone for making our holiday so special.
Met some lovely people, Eloise if you're reading this I miss hearing your lovely laugh!
Stuart & Pat Whitworth

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed a week here from 26th Sept to 3rd Oct.......which was very enjoyable with a couple of problems so will get those out the way....
Firstly as with a lot of previous reviews we were put into a room above the disco. The disco is 7 days a week until 3am and is separate to the hotel. I think this is very bad by the owners as the hotel owners apparently make money from this at the expense of the guests...I did ask to move the next day and was told they could not do anything till the following day. The following day I went back and there was some confusion and the reception staff said I had cancelled the move and they could not do anything till Monday at the earliest which was over the half of the holiday so for that they get a big thumbs down.
The only other thing was lack of sun beds and umbrellas.....moan over....

Animation staff were great Hamit and Tariq get a mention..always smiling and full of energy. Food was good and plentiful...as was the drink..
Location was good weather beach and promenade all very nice
room was very big and spotless the bed and pillows very comfortable although our room had a leak as we were on the top floor...reception staff said it was because it had rained earlier in the week....it did stop after 3 days though...
There was evening entertainment which was not too bad

All in all apart from the couple of issues I could not of asked for a better holiday. I would recommend Morocco and would go again....I probably would not go to this hotel again because of the disco...

Room Tip: Stay away from the disco...the staff will put you in those rooms on arrival knowing you will complai...
Billinge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Tikidia Beach hotel proved live up to expectations. Excellent location right on the beach with just an excellent promenade in between. Hotel swimming pool is a good choice to sunbath with a very friendly Animation team. Aqua aerobics was brilliant. Good choice of restaurants with no limit on how many times you can go to these. The 4x4 ride to the Atlas Mountains was excellent. Driver and tour guide very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Agadir itself has lots of restaurants.
Tikidia Beach Hotel itself is excellent for Adults. All staff friendly and nothing too much trouble

Room Tip: Excellent sea views on the 3rd and 4th floors on the side of the hotel. Do not stay in suites over...
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Would like to reiterate the previous review (PaulSams) as this is family, who we went to this fab place with. I would just like to add my own praise. All the staff were so attentive and could not do enough to make sure you were well looked after. Reception staff were also helpful and jolly. The reps in resort: Although, we had no problems, they were always on hand to answer any questions. A big thank you to all the staff, chef's, cleaners, waiting staff and gardeners you all deserve a mention for your hard work. The Animation team are the best I have ever come across, and a big cheer to the pool guys. The rooms are spacious and plenty of hangers, I've always taken extra but did not need to here. Beds are really comfy as are the pillows. We met some really wonderful French & English people and we were all treated equally with great respect. Nezha and Tariq, we love you!!!!

Room Tip: Away from the night club
Basildon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Have just come back after spending 1 week at this lovely hotel.
Our check in was swift and no problems was booked in and key in hand within 10 minutes, the hotel had even laid on a dinner for the arrivals as we arrived at 11pm and we were not expecting that at all, so was very much appreciated.
Our room was very very clean and even though on the side of the hotel we had a sea view with daily sunsets.
The food was lovely a very wide selection of foods at both lunch and dinner, we were never disappointed.
The pool area is very clean and we were able to get a bed everyday with no problem and we were told the hotel was at full capacity. If you do have a problem in getting a bed the pool staff are always on hand to get you a bed and place it where you would like to be.
The staff are amazing always polite and always with a smile.
The animation team are an absolute credit to this hotel, never pushy if you didn't want to do any of the activities then it was never a problem and every morning they would walk around the pool to say good morning, you were always made to feel like you at home away from home, Tariq and Neesa ( the only girl in the team) had us in stitches every day, and in the evening they are all there again to make sure you are having a great time watching the entertainment.
We met a lot of lovely French people at the hotel and had a great time trying to figure out what they were talking about and they got no extra special treatment to us Brits.

Room Tip: I emailed to be away from the nightclub a few weeks before we arrived.
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

See earlier review....with the benefit of sleep, I can better reflect. The hotel is well placed, away from the town centre....it sits at the beautiful promenade which the often mentioned fish restaurant overlooks. This is stunning and well worth booking a meal or two. A window seat at lunchtime isn't likely as it gets very busy.....we went mid September....perhaps it's quieter later in the season? Most of the staff are lovely.....particularly if you slip them 20 dhm before service (don't and you may be overlooked) I reckon the only reason it feels that French receive better attention is because French is a local language......there was certainly no favouritism (now whether first choice book the over the night club and poorer rooms is another matter I am exploring) this is certainly 3 star accommodation.....it may have once attained dizzy 4 star heights...but mouldy tiles and missing tiles in the pool and cracked sanitary ware....shower attachment.....all smack of a great big 3 to me. That said...everywhere was scrupulously clean, staff even dusted the sun beds! Ah...did I mention sun beds....yes I am guilty of the 6 am track to secure a bed in a great place.....I really can't see how not to, I am not taking my chances....although I did on the first day and had a very good spot, no umbrella....which is a must (very hot). If you like cats, I do (hoorah) then you will be comfortable with the resident Maggie's, particularly lame Lenny....a very friendly (to 2 legged creatures) pussycat. The management have even built a cat cafe ...no honestly, they have, so cat people can ensure their feline friends are well catered for (5 star style). Which brings me to the Moroccan restaurant.....I think maybe a cat or two got lost and had a little accident...it smells of cat wee and the food wasn't as good as the buffet! Now finally...Saad ...not sad....Saad. Friendly, welcoming, informative at the welcome meeting.....but go to him with a complaint or try to find him at designated times and it's very different. He is rude and unhelpful as was the hotel manager Michel when we complained about the noise at night. Would I go back....well.....as I always say in my reviews, no...because there is so much of the world to see. However, if you get a quiet room with a decent view....yes. It's in a lovely position and a week is plenty....but please don't expect 4 star hospitality. Oh...and the entertainment is er .....well, let's just say Simon Cowell would give it a big NO!

Stayed September 2013

Been to Hotel Riu Tikida Beach? Share your experiences!