“Very Enjoyable but............” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Tikida Beach

You added Hotel Riu Tikida Beach to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Tikida Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Chemin des Dunes BP 901, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Very Enjoyable but............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed a week here from 26th Sept to 3rd Oct.......which was very enjoyable with a couple of problems so will get those out the way....
Firstly as with a lot of previous reviews we were put into a room above the disco. The disco is 7 days a week until 3am and is separate to the hotel. I think this is very bad by the owners as the hotel owners apparently make money from this at the expense of the guests...I did ask to move the next day and was told they could not do anything till the following day. The following day I went back and there was some confusion and the reception staff said I had cancelled the move and they could not do anything till Monday at the earliest which was over the half of the holiday so for that they get a big thumbs down.
The only other thing was lack of sun beds and umbrellas.....moan over....

Animation staff were great Hamit and Tariq get a mention..always smiling and full of energy. Food was good and plentiful...as was the drink..
Location was good weather beach and promenade all very nice
room was very big and spotless the bed and pillows very comfortable although our room had a leak as we were on the top floor...reception staff said it was because it had rained earlier in the week....it did stop after 3 days though...
There was evening entertainment which was not too bad

All in all apart from the couple of issues I could not of asked for a better holiday. I would recommend Morocco and would go again....I probably would not go to this hotel again because of the disco...

Room Tip: Stay away from the disco...the staff will put you in those rooms on arrival knowing you will complai...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Polish first
Billinge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Tikidia Beach hotel proved live up to expectations. Excellent location right on the beach with just an excellent promenade in between. Hotel swimming pool is a good choice to sunbath with a very friendly Animation team. Aqua aerobics was brilliant. Good choice of restaurants with no limit on how many times you can go to these. The 4x4 ride to the Atlas Mountains was excellent. Driver and tour guide very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Agadir itself has lots of restaurants.
Tikidia Beach Hotel itself is excellent for Adults. All staff friendly and nothing too much trouble

Room Tip: Excellent sea views on the 3rd and 4th floors on the side of the hotel. Do not stay in suites over...
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Would like to reiterate the previous review (PaulSams) as this is family, who we went to this fab place with. I would just like to add my own praise. All the staff were so attentive and could not do enough to make sure you were well looked after. Reception staff were also helpful and jolly. The reps in resort: Although, we had no problems, they were always on hand to answer any questions. A big thank you to all the staff, chef's, cleaners, waiting staff and gardeners you all deserve a mention for your hard work. The Animation team are the best I have ever come across, and a big cheer to the pool guys. The rooms are spacious and plenty of hangers, I've always taken extra but did not need to here. Beds are really comfy as are the pillows. We met some really wonderful French & English people and we were all treated equally with great respect. Nezha and Tariq, we love you!!!!

Room Tip: Away from the night club
Basildon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Have just come back after spending 1 week at this lovely hotel.
Our check in was swift and no problems was booked in and key in hand within 10 minutes, the hotel had even laid on a dinner for the arrivals as we arrived at 11pm and we were not expecting that at all, so was very much appreciated.
Our room was very very clean and even though on the side of the hotel we had a sea view with daily sunsets.
The food was lovely a very wide selection of foods at both lunch and dinner, we were never disappointed.
The pool area is very clean and we were able to get a bed everyday with no problem and we were told the hotel was at full capacity. If you do have a problem in getting a bed the pool staff are always on hand to get you a bed and place it where you would like to be.
The staff are amazing always polite and always with a smile.
The animation team are an absolute credit to this hotel, never pushy if you didn't want to do any of the activities then it was never a problem and every morning they would walk around the pool to say good morning, you were always made to feel like you at home away from home, Tariq and Neesa ( the only girl in the team) had us in stitches every day, and in the evening they are all there again to make sure you are having a great time watching the entertainment.
We met a lot of lovely French people at the hotel and had a great time trying to figure out what they were talking about and they got no extra special treatment to us Brits.

Room Tip: I emailed to be away from the nightclub a few weeks before we arrived.
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

See earlier review....with the benefit of sleep, I can better reflect. The hotel is well placed, away from the town centre....it sits at the beautiful promenade which the often mentioned fish restaurant overlooks. This is stunning and well worth booking a meal or two. A window seat at lunchtime isn't likely as it gets very busy.....we went mid September....perhaps it's quieter later in the season? Most of the staff are lovely.....particularly if you slip them 20 dhm before service (don't and you may be overlooked) I reckon the only reason it feels that French receive better attention is because French is a local language......there was certainly no favouritism (now whether first choice book the over the night club and poorer rooms is another matter I am exploring) this is certainly 3 star accommodation.....it may have once attained dizzy 4 star heights...but mouldy tiles and missing tiles in the pool and cracked sanitary ware....shower attachment.....all smack of a great big 3 to me. That said...everywhere was scrupulously clean, staff even dusted the sun beds! Ah...did I mention sun beds....yes I am guilty of the 6 am track to secure a bed in a great place.....I really can't see how not to, I am not taking my chances....although I did on the first day and had a very good spot, no umbrella....which is a must (very hot). If you like cats, I do (hoorah) then you will be comfortable with the resident Maggie's, particularly lame Lenny....a very friendly (to 2 legged creatures) pussycat. The management have even built a cat cafe ...no honestly, they have, so cat people can ensure their feline friends are well catered for (5 star style). Which brings me to the Moroccan restaurant.....I think maybe a cat or two got lost and had a little accident...it smells of cat wee and the food wasn't as good as the buffet! Now finally...Saad ...not sad....Saad. Friendly, welcoming, informative at the welcome meeting.....but go to him with a complaint or try to find him at designated times and it's very different. He is rude and unhelpful as was the hotel manager Michel when we complained about the noise at night. Would I go back....well.....as I always say in my reviews, no...because there is so much of the world to see. However, if you get a quiet room with a decent view....yes. It's in a lovely position and a week is plenty....but please don't expect 4 star hospitality. Oh...and the entertainment is er .....well, let's just say Simon Cowell would give it a big NO!

Stayed September 2013
Bedford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay at this resort{5/9/13-19/9/13).Overall place was very good. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. We were in 205 which was on the RH side overlooking the service access road with a partial sea view .Although there were constant deliveries this did not really impact on us too much, where as the music from the neighbouring hotel was very loud in the late afternoon and we had to keep our patio door shut. The staff were very friendly, especially Nehza, and Tariq from the animation team and Khalid from the Cascade bar. The reception staff were attentive to any queries we had (mainly which were reactivating our key cards which kept failing).The restaurant staff were all very attentive and friendly also. Breakfast was ok and the late breakfast was also OK for the days we wanted to lie in. Lunch and dinner menus were OK if not a bit repetitive ( lunch seemed to have better choices though). There was however always something to eat and you would not starve here. We did not try the specialist restaurants so I cannot comment on them. The pool area and gardens were immaculate and although sun bed reservation was supposed to be taboo this did go on( some times by the staff who had been tipped) but we always managed to fine a sun bed any how . The evening entertainment was pretty basic but was OK , but was repeated on the second week. We did want to keep our room on for a late check out, but on requesting this we were told that it was not possible but we did get a half hour slot in a courtesy room which although was not ideal at least we managed to get showered and changed before our journey home. As reported in other reviews I did not see any favouritism towards the French guests, I feel that it was just that the staff found it easier to communicate with them . We liked the size of this hotel and the only real let down was the food, but we would probably visit here again.

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Myself & my husband have just returned after one week at this hotel. This was our first time to Morocco and can honestly say it was a wonderful experience & can't wait to return!! The hotel ticks all the boxes, we couldn't of wished for more. Please don't be put off by negative reviews as my husband & I are very fussy people, the staff are so happy & helpful & nothing is too much trouble. We had clean linen everyday & the standard of food was first class. Moroccan people are so polite, friendly & very honest, so looking forward to are next visit!!

Room Tip: A beach facing room is best, email 2 weeks before & they will do there best to accomodate.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riu Tikida Beach? Share your experiences!