“70's flashback” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 80 hotels in Agadir
Boston, United Kingdom
“70's flashback”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel in need of renovation. As we have chosen this hotel as a budget option we were not surprised at all but we have noticed very old furniture and bathroom facilities, out of date lobby and dining area. However staff there is very professional, room was cleaned daily, food was very tasty and the garden/pool area was tidy. Wi-fi connection is in the hotel and even in our room but very slow.
The hotel is located near the beach but very far from the bus station. To reach it you can take a taxi (price should be 10-20 dirham). I would advice to tell the price you are ready to pay straight away without asking the driver, it helped us a lot to avoid haggling.
Didn't enjoy Agadir at all. Dirty beach, very expensive with lots of sellers, beggars, children and just crazy people crowded around you (and it's a 'game' anymore!) and if you refuse to give them money you will be called names! Wish we didn't go to Agadir at all but it wasn't the hotel which made us disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is absolutely fitted to our expectations. As we spent all the days out of the hotel we did not care about the luxus. Bed was good, the view was good (sea view). The room was cleaned often. I loved the bar section.. every night I drunk a mint tea, my partner drunk fresh orange juice. It is absolutely perfect for sleeping. If you prefer staying in your hotel during your vacation, chhose Turkey and not Morocco. :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This hotel is in a good location apart from that there's nothing special about it though it's cheap

Room Tip: There all the same
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Vantaa, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Adrar is a real gem or an average hotel. It all depends on your luck. I stayed there for 2 separate nights. First night I had a room on the 5th floor (ask for 509) and it baffled by how nice it looked. The walls are painted and detailed with ornaments. The bed is king sized and comfy. There's also a balcony with two chairs and a table to share a smoke with. The bathroom and toilet are separate. Everything looked great. The feeling, the vibe - it was magnificent.

The second night we got a room on the second floor. The room wasn't bad, but the bed was old and you pretty much fell through it. The matress had seen it's share of visitors.

This brings us to reception - there are two key managers who are really helpful. Two older gentleman with a nice smile and are really helpful. I asked and was moved back to 509. We asked and got an extended check-out for free of charge.
Rest of the staff aren't so bright. Younger generation doesn't really speak english so well and aren't really..interested. Also, I called the reception several times for different matters and one thing you can be sure on - no matter the problem - the help will or will not come. I asked for a fork and it arrived few hours later. First they brought me Coka Cola - I explained i needed a fork. To eat my lasagne with. The bellhop nodded and was back in half an hour with a fork.
The other night I was missing a remote control. Reception sayed he knows there's none and will send someone "later". After 4 hours I gave up on waiting and calling reception.

The pool is incredible. The location is good and real close to the beach. The lobby looks real good and there's a bar. Downstairs is a restaraunt . You can have breakfast by the pool or some alcohol if you so choose.

All in all it was a rather great experience. It's a money-saving but above the average hotel and I recommend it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We decided to go to Agadir for six days after Christmas and staying for New Years Eve. After looking at several hotels we chose the Adrar. On arrival it was immediately obvious that the hotel is quite tired looking and fairly dark inside. Once checked into the room I realised that I needed to charge my phone, the travel adaptor would not go in the socket fully and as I pulled it out the electric socket came out of the wall, infact all three sockets in the room were loose, the only one that could be used was the shaver point in the bathroom. This asides the room was adequate and reasonably comfortable. The cleaners came in daily. The TV has a mind of its own whereas all the buttons on the set (no remote) changed everything from sound to picture to menu, the only channel that we could recieve after lots of fiddling was a film station and then found that we could not changed the volume.
The restaurant was clean but the food was very basic although we were well looked after by the waiters, the menus were written in three languages but no English was included which meant that we had to ask for translation at each evening meal.
The staff were all extremely pleasant and very polite.
There was no evening entertainment other than to sit in the smoking room.
The pool area was a nice place to sit and relax but the pool itself was not the cleanest I have seen.
Agadir itself was a lovely place and we will certainly be returning but next time to a different hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Staff was very unpolite. First room was at the attic without lift. They didn't want to change it. Only when my tour guide helped, they found the room. Long walk from beach, without hotel beach with facilities like deckchair, toilet, shower - you have to buy it elsewere. Cleaning was always late and included only changing towels. Towels always dirty and even torn. Once they didn't cleaned at all but took towels. Hotel staff didn't want to give me towels - they said it's too late. Next day I had to ask again and they finally cleaned, but cleaning lady complained a lot and was offended?! Nice garden with small deep swimming pool. Unattractive animations - mini disco for children and repeated folk dance by old ladies. 2 tasty meals: breakfast and late supper.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

First of all please go with an open mind this if you want a typical Spain resort then do not go to Morocco.

I have read other reviews from other hotels and find them most alarming this holiday was cheap so what do these people expect.

I travelled with my 6 year old and 30 year old daughters we were having a female holiday. The first mistake we made was to pay for these master cards at Thomas avoid has when we arrived at the airport to take money out could not do it. The Moroccan people could see something was wrong and I tried to help by telling us to use another cash machine.
Arrived at the hotel and was welcomed by receptionist we had to fill out a form and was informed that dinner was stil available withis 10:00pm. The porter took us to our room , we had little money to tip but he did not look has if expecting anyting (which other reviews have stated for other hotels). I was surprised the room was spacious for the three of us, a double bed and single. And the location of our room ideal it was right next to the pool. We noticed that the door did not shut properly and straight away they sent somebody no complaints.

Breakfast was o.k. and my six year old really enjoyed the pancakes, buns boiled egg etc so I was happy. When the staff did not see my eldest they asked if she was coming even though after 10:am as they were prepared to wait for her.

The evening meal was nice chicken, lamb, fish rice potates etc one of the evenings the chiken tagine was better than the restaurant. Again my youngest enjoyed eating at the hotel because she was able to pick at little bits and not restricted to a menu.

We went half board but had lunch around the pool a couple of times which was nice, the staff were very friiendly and always wanted to bring our food and drinks to us. Lots of loungers available, the pool was lovely and clean the whole pool area was really well kept. (Again did not feel the need to tip regulary) The staff at the pool very helpful I was blowing up my daughters ring and lilo and the pool staff took it and came back fully inflated. They always greeted us especially my little one calling out her name.
The evening entertainment varied the folklore dancers were good and the entertainment manager Saide even though could have done a bit more was very pleasant he spoke to everyone and made every child feel special.

The lounge area in this hotel is very nice and relaxing my eldest even smoked a bong after watching a few of the Morroccan she and Saide shared one on the last night.. The staff were protective of us one of example of this is when we asked to go to the beach late afternoon, the manger said we should wait until later when the sun goes down has nobody would be down on the beach due to Ramadan and he would be worried for our safety not sure what he meant because later in the week we stayed on the beach all day and evening enjoying the sun, and the company of one of the young men just talking about Morrocco and other countries.

Go on the day trips they are worth it but do not book with the hotel its cheaper to use just one of the money totes outside or you can arrange with a taxi yourself who will also act has your guide. For 300 drhs for my eldest and youngest 150 we went to the dessert, silver factory, ceremic factory a house which included lovely food I found this to be cheap.
We also took a taxi to another beach was was relaxing and not so touristy can't remember the name but a sufers beach, with camel rides, eat here it is really cheap.

I enjoyed the haggling and you need to remember that Morrocans need to make a living like everybody else of course they will try it on but why complain if your aware of this already.
The rooms in the hotel could do with updating but you come on holiday to only sleep in your rooms not live. Our room was o.k. for us the water was hot bathroom reasonable so I am not going to complain ok. not like Spain but then I did not have to deal with Lager louts, or footbal wearing British men getting load and drunk. It was calm and relaxing, if you want to hang with the British then this hotel would not be for you, I started to get greetings from other guests even if it was just a nod. Met some British girls who were lovely one advice I would say is if you want realy quality then go to an apartment they showed me photos and their apartment was amazing.

I first thought the location of the hotel was far from the beach but ask one of the staff they will show the back way which is very quick. Lovely places to eat but remember not everywhere services alcohol.

It is Ramadan still and would have liked to experience the end of this religious festivity it will be nice to see some other reviews for people who are their until the end I am sure their will be a real celebration.

Remember you can go and have a drink at other hotels we went to the Argana and again made to feel welcome it wa packed with Morroccans who came to party U was told to come back earlier the next evening to get a good seat but was given biscuits and was advised to get an apartment the next time and this was by the staff who worked at the Argana.

Other reviews complain about the fog this does lift but it is still warm when we were leaving on the 25th Aug it was extemely hot I doubt if those complaining re the weather could have taken this even the Mororrocans wer sheltering out of the heat and you need to remember it is not always the food but too much sun can play havoc with your gut's.

I do intend to go back in December or January I just found Agadir so relaxing and that's what I paid for would also recommend this hotel for the staff.

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Hotel Adrar? Share your experiences!