I studied trip advisor before we booked this holiday and I'm so glad I did. The reviews were absolutely spot on. Founty Beach is a beautiful Hotel, spotlessly clean and so well maintained. The rooms were immaculately cleaned daily without fail, there were always cleaners here and there throughout the place all day and evening, there are lots of toilet facilities all around the Hotel and every one was spotless, the one down by the pool is a little old and tired looking but still kept clean all the time. The staff were all lovely, always had a smile and always happy to help, apart from reception staff that is, their English was the poorest of everyone that we came across but wasn't that big a deal. The bar staff were real charmers and an absolute pleasure, I was impressed by the all-in bar, obviously it was all local brands and not as potent as the big named spirits but the bar staff kept the drinks coming so it still helped with the relaxation process! There is a huge animation team, couldn't fault them either, we aren't the joining in types, generally just like to chill out and they respected that, of course we were invited to join in all the various activities that went on all day and all evening but chose to sit back and watch everyone else, all credit to those guys, they work hard for a lot of hours. The food was really good, a lot of choice at every meal, did find it repetative as we were there for 2 weeks but there was something to suit absolutley everyone, we were more than happy with the food, 3 courses at every meal did cause a little waistline expansion though! The Hotel is a little way out of the town but a pleasant 10 minute walk down the road and there's shops and bars and such, the resort itself is a little dotted all over the place and we managed to pass several hours wandering the roads finding new shops we had missed the day before. We did a 2 day trip to marrakech and essouira, the 2nd day was a bit of a waste of time as we spent 8 hours out of an 11 hour day on a coach! I would highly recommend the 1 day trip instead though, a long day but a real experience, make sure you get to visit the square in the evening, its a sight to behold, such hussle and bussle, so many sights sounds and smells but essouira really isn't worth the extra 4 hour drive.
Agadir is a nice place as a beach/hotel resort, Marrakech is the better place for culture, Hotel was marvellous, people don't hassle as much as Egypt and all really friendly. We had a cracking good holiday, thoroughly pleased with it all and would recommend to anyone. Bon Voyage!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Founty Beach is an all-inclusive 4-star hotel in Morocco, on the Atlantic Ocean. Located very close to a beach of fine sand and less than a half mile from the centre of Agadir, Morocco's main tourist centre, the IBEROSTAR Founty Beach hotel is the ideal accommodation for enjoying the beauty and culture of Morocco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Founty Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Founty Beach Hotel Agadir
- Iberostar Hotel Agadir
- Iberostar Hotel Founty Beach
- Founty Beach Hotel
- Founty Beach Agadir