“please read this” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
london
“please read this”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

after reading the reviews on Trip advisor before leaving for the al moggar beach club I wasn't looking forward to my 2 weeks holiday at this hotel .
Ok so the hotel isn't a 5 star hotel and our room was a bit basic , and the food wasn't all that , but apart from that I enjoyed every minute at the hotel .
The staff were helpful , welcoming always said hello .
The location is the best in Agadir , walk out of the front gate and you have the beach and the promenade straight in front of you. It's the only hotel what I saw that you could actually walk onto the promenade .
I went all inclusive and I do regret this as there are so many places to dine out and all at a very good price .

Room Tip: ask for a family room with a balcony they are much bigger and much nice then a twin room .
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nitra, Slovakia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We were on sightseeing tour through the Morocco for 7 days and last 3 we stayed in Al Moggar, but it was chosen by our travel agency, not by ourselves. I would not chose it by myself and I will never go back!

Room Tip: Cockroaches in wardrobe
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

For what we paid for this trip we had a great time. The room was cleaned to a high standard and our towels were replaced clean everyday. It was a good size room and did exactly what we needed as a place to shower and sleep. The maids were very friendly and respectful, they did a great job. We were only bed and breakfast but the food was fine for what it was. The pool and pool staff were great, perfect in the hot weather and being able to just walk out onto the beach. All in all we had a great time, really relaxed and enjoyed the place people and culture, for the price we paid we didn't expect to much but it was much better than we thought and well worth it. As with every hotel there were things that could be improved but nothing i feel reflected badly on our trip. I loved morocco and recommend everyone goes with an open mind at least once.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

please please please do not go to this hotel it will really ruin your holiday i am never one to complain i went with my 4 children on arrival to the hotel we were not given adjacent rooms as requested that was the start so my husband and i had to sleep with the kids seperatly in rooms apart for there own safety.we let that one go and went to the rooms to unpack we then headed to the resturant which was all inclusive the food was diabolical i wouldnt feed it to my dog. even chips that are the easist things to cook were dried up and my poor children were so hungry my little girl cried because there was nothing nice to eat we ended up eating out and spending a further £600 on food for the week then on the second night i was woken up with the noise of water running it kept me awake so i got up to check it out and as i got up i slipped over and fell back onto the bedside cabinet leading to a cracked rib it was litrally a flood a good inch of water through the whole of the bathroom and half the room leaving all my childrens shoes soaking wet.my husband checked where the leak was coming from and there was a leak in the bidet we had to get the hotel to fix this in the meantime we had booked trips costing £400 and i was unable to go on any of them due to a cracked rib the beaches were filthy dirty in agadir the locals pi** on the sand the smell was disgusting would rather go to isle of wight please dont book here if you want a nice holiday also the air conditioning was not working complained about that but no one showed up to fix it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We have just returned from a 2 week break at this hotel with our two young children 5 and 3. On a positive note, the pool areas were lovely and you could walk straight onto the beach and onto the promenade into Agadir. However everything else at this hotel was awful. Our room was in a dreadful state. There was no lock on the balcony door so anyone could open the door from the outside and we were only on the first floor so it would be very easy to break in. The air-con didn't work, the flush on the toilet didn't work 50% of the time, the sheets on the beds were full of holes, the towels were changed every day but the so-called clean ones came back full of stains, the bottom two inches of the bathroom door was rotten and bits of wood kept falling off it. In the bathroom alone, the toilet roll holder was broken, the shaver socket was hanging off the wall, and the pedestal under the sink was so badly smashed up I'm surprised it was holding the sink up. There was also a plug in the shower tray which the cleaner kept putting back in, and we couldn't understand why at first until we realised it was to keep the cokroaches out,(we killed one in the bathroom) and to keep the foul smell of the drains out.
The food was terrible and we only had breakfast there. We did eat at the restaurant once and they tried to give us a bottle of tap water and were going to charge us for mineral water. They gave us a dirty bottle, dented, dripping with brown liquid on the outside, and he was screwing the lid on when he came to the table. Needless to say we refused to pay for it. We all became ill when we got home.
Eating out, I would recommend Le Nil Bleu and Le Flore, both on the sea front as the food and service were fantastic, and there is a good place to book cheap day trips if you walk inland after you pass Mcdonalds and then turn right at the t-junction keep walking for a bit and then on the left you will find it.
The weather is also a problem in the summer. The locals said it is better to go in the winter as the summer months are very foggy. In two weeks we only had one day where it was sunny all day, the rest of the time it was foggy until at least lunchtime or if you were unlucky about 2 o clock. We did have a lovely holiday despite the hotel but I thought I would let other people know what to expect if they stay here!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Not being one to complain, this being my first ever review, I am usually all about reading a review rather then leaving one. However, potential holiday makers to this hotel should know what to expect.

Firstly on a good note the main pool was more then perfect for young children & our two young ones loved every minute of their time by the pool. Also, the cleanliness of the rooms was fantastic & kept to a high standard all week by a team of friendly staff.

Sadly on a not so lighter note the rest of the hotel was very very poor and i wouldnt go back, not just for the sake of few & far between good points. The food was not great & very little to choose from. The service was the worst iv come across, at one stage i was refused a drink at the bar if i didnt return my empty glass. I am sure you will agree when paying to stay in an all inclusive hotel you dont expect to have to take the duties of a glass collector up. Reception staff unhappy & unhelpful with it. Entertainment was shocking & caused for me on several occasions walk out.

In the whole we made our holiday what we wanted but would not recommend & certainly would not return. If your french, then this hotel would be a good choice, if your english pay a bit more & stay somewhere where you would at least feel welcomed.

• Stayed July 2011
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

after 9 hours trip train and bus from Kenitra we arrived at the reception of the hotel with our 2 kids 4 and 2 years old, my wife and my mum. we had a very unpleasant greeting, despite showing them our booking reservation staff and supervisor were rude to us, complaining that we had kids with us and where were they going to sleep, after showing them our reservation with our 2 kids included in the booking they still were no happy telling us they was not enough space and where we intended them to sleep, we told them that we booked 2 rooms, 1 for my mum and 1 for other for my wife, other daughter and I but still they were unhappy. They couldn't find our reservation, told us the hotel was fully booked and after over 1 hour waiting and asking they told us they found the booking and without any comment and apologizes they gave us the keys and told us we could go to our rooms. After finally getting there our room had 4 single bed (that was a double room) my mum's room had 2 beds and we just remind us all the fuss about not having enough space for our little girls. Very rude on unpleasant staff and supervisor and that just remind us that sometimes the small hotel still have some manner and show us how happy they are to have us not like this suppose to be nice hotel and landscape with no warm contact. I would not recommend this place even do the swimming pool and near access of the beach... they show us no consideration whatsoever....

Room Tip: rooms we average but double room with only single beds and very loud could hear baby and people late...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family