“The worst hotel I have ever stayed!” 2 of 5 stars

Golden Tulip Anezi
Boulevard Mohamed V, Agadir 80000 , Morocco   |
Ranked #65 of 80 hotels in Agadir
Antalya, Turkey
“The worst hotel I have ever stayed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have just returned from holiday in Golden Tulip Anezi. Officially 4 star hotel, the truth is that it was 4* in 1970's. The rooms are dirty, all furniture from early 70's, dirty towels and carpets. The smell is incredible!!! The staff is unhelpfull. They only want money - bellboys avarage in their 50's, demand money for anything. The reception has no idea about their job. The main bar is also dirty, music everynight the same. The man who is shouting to the microphone as he has no idea how to sing. Mostly women looking for sex, some Moroccans men also for the same reason. The food: breakfasts are ok, dinners hmmmm almost everynight we were going out to the city as the quality of food in the hotel is really poor. If the prepare fish or meet you cannot take it yourself only someone gives it to you, as little as possible. Never again, there so many better and cheaper hotels in Agadir. That was totally wrong decision, althought was cheap and we didnt expect too much. Golden Tulip is good for one night, not for holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have just returned from here (JAN, 2013)
Firstly, its NOT a 4 star hotel, but in life you only get what you pay for and its true
We paid £50.00 per night for 2 weeks including New Years Eve.
The hotel is more aimed at the Moroccean public rather than holiday makers, we stayed in the s/c part of the hotel, due to the time of the year it was cold and the A?C didnt work and there was a poor amount of hot water - every day!!! The room had a tv, fridge, shower, good sized balcony.
On the plus side - its cheap, reasonably clean and the food was good, the breakfast is £3.00 and all you can eat!!
Yes, its worn in most places and yes not upto modern all-inclusive hotel.
BUT IT IS VALUE FOR MONEY
Part of the reason we chose this hotel is that is was close to the town centre and the beach. We like to go out and visit places and not just stay in an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel and never go outside the complex.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have now visited Anezi on ten occasions, each time with a group of people mostly in the 50+ age bracket who have travelled from the UK to Morocco for a birdwatching holiday. It suits us well. It has good security, there is space for the minibus to pull up right by the front door, there are actually interesting birds to see in the hotel grounds and from the terrace next to the dining hall which overlooks the sea. The porters are friendly, and nothing is too much trouble for the excellent waiters in the restaurant. We enjoy the food, both the breakfast and buffet evening meal. There is low key musical entertainment in the bar with other seats in the reception area if you want somewhere quieter with better lighting. The rooms which we have had, all in the main block, are clean, large and relatively comfortable. All rooms have sea views, those facing south overlook the garden and its two pools, those facing north looking towards the marina and Kasbah. Irritations include a bureaucratic system for getting bar drinks using the room card, the typically hit and miss nature of the cards when trying to get into the rooms, the fact that the bureau de change at reception regularly runs out of money, the temperamental room safes, and the feeling that you have to ask several times at reception to get things 'sorted' (although that is much better now than previously). In the title I put 'not for everyone' simply because every trip we meet a couple of families who have discovered that it's not really a 'family hotel'. Usually there aren't many other families around, and there isn't much for kids to do. The hotel is situated a short walk from the beach, down a steep path through a few shops. Other hotels are nearer the sea. So I would recommend it to business travellers or more generally to mature travellers in need of a quiet base rather more than to young people or families wanting entertainment.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the west end with a direct sea view (although all rooms have sea view)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Well I checked the reviews before I left and thought, mmm surely it can't all be that bad as everyone has different expectations for what they pay for, but boy was I wrong, pulled up to the Hotel and thought there is no way I've booked this right? It was amazing, chandeliers, marble floor, £450 for 4 adults an 2 kids self catering no way! Yep no Way that was just the entrance to the Hotel the apartments where opposite, we were shown in and I felt like I was in a garage conversion, very basic and I'm not fussy but wow, flat screen tv? No, digital? No, aircon? Only in sitting room, kitchenette? Two hobs and a microwave that cooks for you no kettle, no toaster, ow and ants on our last day just to top my week off! Kids after 2seconds of shoes an socks off an no I'm not over reacting timing there feet where black! All week after cleaner had been in the floor was a no go without shoes! And the bed, I could of cried every morning when I woke up my whole body was in pain, I can sleep anywhere a sofa, car, there bed, no! It's awful, all I wanted an needed was a good sleep but no, after getting over the fact they put our room next to a bar that played music till 5am, the bed was like sleeping on a brick floor with a sheet an blanket. They moved our apartment after I went in half asleep an in agony the next morning to move 6 suitcase to another crap apartment that heaven behold had no electric, so after wasting our second day we got move up a flight of stairs to yet again another crap apartment, shower with no holder, same style, same brick bed with blanket, and same floor that turned your feet black within seconds. Please don't think I'm over doing this because that's what I thought when I read others I came with my husband 30 my sister in law 27 friend 23 an my two boys 2 an 4 an I'm 26 so I'm easy going for what I pay for but this was a bloody joke! I've never wanted to come home so bad to get in my bed an walk on a clean floor an have a good shower!
The swimming pools are concrete edges, and cold, but kids enjoyed it an was a good sun trap, never tried the food, and never tried out there entertainment, so am not goin to ashume it's like there apartments, the staff seemed nice but be warmed if the help you in anyway with luggage they expect money, the reception staff seemed nice but when we asked in the evening for late check out to store our bags the price was different with the morning reception staff? How? It's money money money, if you hire a car as we did with eurocar car, they wanted a £3500 deposit or wanted us to have £25 a day insurance, for insuring the car everyone in our queue was fuming! Going to the car everyone try's taking your bags for you then charging you, and the police!! Well what can be said about them! Don't hire a car and drive! They no a tourist car a mile off, it's was constant pulling us over as soon as they realise your English it's 500 dirham you don't no why or What you did but they want paying to let you go, we did for first 2 then said we didn't have it and they had to let us go, but it's not a nice experience especially for the little ones. Food is nice in most places in agadir, great shop behind the hotel selling bags and watches for 50 Dirham a watch an about 150-200 Dirham a bag situated next to the money exchange on leaving the hotel out the back entrance! Fab people in there and great with the kids. Marrakech is a nightmare with kids and full of pick pockets and begging children, tour people trying to charge you for showing you a shop an snake charmers ready to charge when the camera comes out. Again everything is money! This was my second trip to agadir, I tried it with a friend last year and stay in founty beach apartments, which was miles away from the beach and never drove out just got taxis and it was ok, as we just sunbathed all week but goin back with my family was a mistake, trying to do anything including having a good night sleep was a nightmare I'm so glad to be home and I only arrived last night, so this is how bad it was, a review within 12hours of landing! Don't go unless you are just sunbathing an are recommended a descent hotel/appartment.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Golden Tulip Anezi? Share your experiences!