“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 191 Restaurants in Agadir
Cuisines: European
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My partner and I had planned to visit another restaurant nearby but were rudely told it was fully booked when all of the tables were empty and after they had enticed us to look at the menu.

This place was a few doors down and was fantastic! Very friendly and attentive staff. The food was both delicious and cheap and they served alcholol too! And as an added bonus it is right on the seafront.

To give you an example, I had prawns in a tomato chilli sauce and a calzone pizza with ham and cheese. My partner had fried squid and steamed turbot (which was delicious). We both shared a tiramisu for dessert. For drinks I had five beers (a locally produced one called flag) and my partner had two half bottles of white wine. Total bill cost was 680 dirham plus a 50 dirhamt tip which in uk money is around £55!

If I had to pick one thing to complain about it's that people are allowed to smoke however this is common practice in morocco so happens at every restaurant.

In summary, fantastic food, great service at a bargain price!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

bolton,england
“FAMILY TREAT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Tikada Dunas in July and were joined our second week by her daughter and family.As is our norm we eat out at least once as a treat and as a change from the all-inclusive.As you can expect,it is difficult to find somewhere in a foreign country but as luck would have it I had e-mailed another contributor in relation to something else and he advised me to go there.
We checked "rugatinos" out one day on a walk to the Marina.We were invited in and shown round and asked to look at a cabinet full of the catch of the day.As it was Ramadam I checked to make sure they were serving alcohol and that being the case said we would return in a couple of nights.We did not make a reservation but took the chance.
On the night in question we took 2 taxis as it is at least a 40 min walk from the hotel.We chose a table for 6 adjacent to the pavement with a view over the promenade,out to sea and the Marina to our right.The menu was extensive with choice for all tastes.We chose soup,main course of chicken with mushroom sauce,steak and chops.The children had pizzas.There was a good choice of wine reasonably priced and in 1 litre bottles along with a decent selection of beers.If anything the pizzas were BIG and one would have done between 2 children.Part way through our meal we along with everyone else were treated to an impromtu display of acrobatics by some local lads,the same ones being in our hotel the next night!!!!!
It was a very pleasant evening with good food and drink and although one may have felt like walking back to work off the food a taxi did seem the right option just in time to get in the last all-inclusive drink.
Not sure if this is the first review of "rugatinos" and as I say it is difficult o know where to eat when abroad but I would have no hesitation but to recommend it to anyone.

• Visited July 2012