“Be aware.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 82 hotels in Agadir
UK
“Be aware.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Like most reviews for this hotel the concern is the amount of steps,coming and going from the apts
your staying in.Around the pool they were not very safety conscious with wet areas day&night with the lighting not that good at night not forgetting you had to walk around the pool to get to your apt.
Was not happy with availability of the snack area around the pool.Rooms ok,clean towels,sheets all changed regular,

Room Tip: higher rooms for more patio area.

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Now this isnt the first time ive visited agadir. Ive stayed at various hotels and apartments. Before my friends and i arrived i didnt know what to expect, was very suprised this is by far the best (even though there were alot of steps and is a 3* appart hotel) and very accommodating place for the price that you pay. The staff are friendly and always willing to help. We wanted a room for four of us with a sea view. They gaves us just that a wonderfull apartment at the top of the hotel split in two by a spacious balcony, with a sea view and we were able to see the sunset every evening. Only down side would be the steps that never end. They cleaned our room every day and breakfast was simple yet nice, especially the lady with the amazing skill of making omlettes, scrambled eggs and fried bread things simultaneously. The reception staff were fantastic fatima was very helpfull and even played a bit of football with us in the lobby before we flew out (lol). The star of that hotel/appart was a lovely fella named shafique one of the managment team, there isnt a nicer man that we all came across on our holiday. He gave us advice on where to go and even went out of his way to take us on a personal tour of agadir. On my birthday he took us to massage palour for the world famous morrocan hamam and then to a wonderful fresh fruit smoothie stall hidden away in the heart of agadir (the best smoothie ive ever had) you my friend are an asset to that hotel and really made my week. The pool area was nice and refreshing to take a dip in after a walk along the beach. The bar and lounge are very accommodating, cappuccinos are the best, my favorite being the tea ala menthe (morrocan mint tea). There is a vendor selling all sorts right outside. The beach is 5 mins walk, and there are plenty of restaurants and bars and shops local to the hotel and during the walk to the beach. I for one and all my friends really enjoyed our stay and the staff. And will be making this hotel or choice of stay from now on.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wycombe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

After reading other reviews we decided before we arrived that it would be 'very basic and just somewhere to sleep'.........but we were wrong. It was so much better than we thought. Yes there are a lot of steps but if you come here knowing that then you'll be fine. It's very clean, the staff are friendly and always willing to help. If you have a problem (we had a problem in our loo, they offered to either change our room or fix it) they fix it straight away. Breakfast is okay......not 4* but what do you expect for the price. Didn"t sample dinner but snacks at lunchtime were lovely and great value!
The hotel is in a good location about 10 minutes from the beach with some great restaurants in the vacinity. It's not anywhere near as noisy as others have suggested.
We chose this hotel for a cheap week away but now I would choose this hotel for any type of holiday in Agadir.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
rutland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel itself was ok for what we paid, £100 for 4nights bed and breakfast .
The staff were a bit confused when we tried to pay in pounds but we got there. The room was ok 2 single beds, no tv no fridge, no air con, the maid only did our room once in the four days, so no clean towels, and we had to ask for loo roll.
Breakfast was ok bread, omelette, coffee,
Bar prices were ok the other people we were travelling with booked an apartment, THEY DONT HAVE THEM all the rooms are the same, so don't pay for one, you won't get it.
Overall central location, friendly staff just don't expect too much.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excellent service and a very clean hotel..

Location is perfect just a 5 minutes walk to the beach.

Rooms where very clean and daily cleaned..

Hotel staff where very friendly especially the lady on reception called Fatiha and a staff member called Chafik

It maybe a 3 star but the service was like a 5 star

Thank you all at Hotel Tagadirt, will surely recommend you to family and friends..

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great hotel (little bit tired but you get what you pay for) and lovely smiley helpful staff. I've read reviews about this hotel from other guests regarding breakfast - we couldn't fault it. We were on a tight budget (booked B&B) and we thoroughly enjoyed the delicious fresh tasty eggs and I am now officially addicted to pancakes!! The 'egg and pancake' lady is a real star... handling 3 frying pans, dishing out the eggs and pancakes at a speed you wouldn't believe, beautifully cooked and always with a big smile on her face and a cheery 'bonjour' to everyone. The breakfast buffet was basic but tasty-fresh bread, cheese, toms, cereal, yoghurt, tea, coffee etc. did they job for us as we filled up on breakfast and didn't feel the need to eat again until later in the day... who needs lunch?! Our room was fine, basic, bit gloomy as on ground floor (as we requested, incidentally) but very clean, serviced everyday by again very friendly smiley ladies who worked tirelessly all day it seemed! Couldn't fault the shower, powerful, did the job and we enjoyed hot water at all times during our stay. We sat by the pool on the first couple of days, pools cleaned everyday and plenty of loungers put out by the sweetest pool man in the world, couldn't do enough for you. Area around main pool is small I must admit but we couldn't complain - we were out fairly early straight after breakfast - first come first served eh? The bar area at front of restaurant is very pleasant, drinks not expensive considering its a hotel. Loads of seating, TV on - mainly football so my boyfriend was happy. They laid on some Moroccan dancers one evening which was great fun to watch as they got some guests up who really got into the swing of things even though some of their dancing left a lot to be desired but that was the funnest part!

For the rest of our stay, we spent our days at the beach - short walk from hotel (about 7 mins) - absolutely gorgeous, clean & wide, lovely clean warm water and absolutely no chance of over-crowding. Some of the beach was taken up with private areas for the beach-side hotels but no impact on the beach as its so huge. We walked along the promenade, again really wide and roomy with loads of bars and restaurants along-side and we found a small area on the beach with loungers and umbrellas - perfect spot. We paid £3.00 (all day charge) each for hiring loungers and umbrella, they also provided little tables and even an ashtray for me which they emptied out for me regularly. The guys that maintained the area and took the money appeared to be a father and son team - truly lovely guys. They were happy to fetch you drinks and meals from a local restaurant all day if you wanted them to and 'dad' was a true gent one day when I screamed like a banshee after being stung by a bee on my back - he raced over to the restaurant and brought back some raw onion and pressed this against the sting and like magic.... the pain disappeared (who'd have thought it?! :)) - he was really sweet and attentive and couldn't do enough for us. We never got their names but their beach pitch is opposite the 'jour & nuit' restaurant along the boulevard. Be sure to stop there for a really relaxing and gorgeous rest on the beach. We ate out every evening and couldn't fault the food, good value for money and we drank some really nice rose wine at super prices. We recommend 'La Ballena' - on the boulevard going up towards the marina end of the beach front - you'll be treated like kings, have a super meal (their tagine is to die for) and the john dorey fish was pretty special too. Lovely young friendly waiters. We had a really lovely time in Agadir and we were only sorry that we hadn't booked 2 weeks but we are definitely going back there next year for 2 weeks as we want to explore more of the area and enjoy the Moroccan experience again - super holiday!! Helen & Barry

Room Tip: If you're not keen on walking upstairs, request a ground floor room. Access to the main hotel a...
Sussex - England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a good Central location. I found the concierge to be a bit rude when he took my bags to my room and showed me how the lights work (which half of them didn't), the switches and a plug socket hanging off the wall and one of the windows was broken and wouldn't close. The bathroom was extremely basic and not particularly clean. I only had a few coins and gave the concierge about 3 Dirhams which is only about 25p. I accept the tip is rubbish but I only had 100 & 200 Dirham notes. He looked at me like I had just spat in his face.

The food was dreadful. I went full board but didn't bother with the hotel food after 2 days as it was so bad. I went to the marina for dinner each night which was lovely.

Breakfast was very basic but not too bad. Lunch was served in the snack bar and drinks are NOT included. The lunch was big but it was served in s dark and dingy poolside snack bar which was very unwelcoming, the barman there whether intentionally or not made me feel like I was being a nuisance ordering lunch (there seemed to only be one or two of us full board)

Dinner was self service and you generally got a choice of Brown or white. I couldn't tell you what the actual food was but it was either Brown or white. Again no drinks included. Pack some imodium.

There is free wifi in the lobby but this often cuts out.

The local area is okay but at nights I was offered 'good hash' pretty ladies and even pretty boys by various people.

One tip. Haggle for EVERYTHING. even a bottle of water, cigarettes, excursions. ..

On excursions, don't book them with your tour operator, get one from the street. They look a bit amateur but they are well worth the money they ask (although you can still haggle).

My overall rating of the hotel is below average. I wouldn't really recommend it but if you do stay, definitely go for self catering or bed and breakfast at a push don't bother with half/full board.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Tagadirt Hotel? Share your experiences!