“never come to this place !” 1 of 5 stars

Tagadirt Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard du 20 Aout, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Paris, France
“never come to this place !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

after our reservation by the website "hotelclub.com" which is also a worse service website ! this website did not send any reservation to the hotel, and deducted the full amount from my card . anyway we could have our entry since we printed the voucher that was sent to us from the site. After checking in, we got suprised by the room that was smelling dust and it looks like it was not opened for ages!
We have put down our things to go eat, after coming back at night , i was suprised with the presence of someone who opened my room's door for me from the inside ! guess what, it was a thieve who got in from the window, he was holding my Laptop in his hands and preparing to go out from my room. The best thing is that the thieve was in the hotel as well, right next to our room. Hopefully, the laptop was not stolen it is because I had a fight with the thieve, and I was able to knock him down on the ground, unfortunately he was able to escape. when the police came in, and after investigation, the guy was from Algeria. My wife was so traumatised that we had to go look for another hotel to spend our first night. We asked for our reemboursement, they replied that they can't since the Website HOTELCLUB.COM, did not give them money yet.
Never go ot this hotel, you'll get deceived, and never use HOTELCLUB.COM, it's even worse !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Me and my friend have stayed in Apart Hotel Tagadirt for 2 days in February. This is a budget hotel, but clean and with a very good location. Breakfast was also good, and there is an internet wi-fi in the lobby. Hotel is situated in a big garden, with little swimming pools and lots of flowers. We really enjoyed that. Rooms are huge, but furniture is rather old (design from the '70:) . The same with bathroom, which is spacious but used. Still, everything is clean ! If you look for a budget hotel, near the beach this would be a good choice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two weeks in July and had an amazing time - the hotel is in a great location close to the beach and restaurants, is extremely clean and is decent value for money.

If you're on a budget and looking for a good base to explore the wider area, I would definitely recommend staying here. We rented a 'studio' room, which came with a basic kitchen and fridge, which was a godsend for saving cash on breakfast and snacks (eating out is not the cheapest)

The cleaners work phenomenally hard and bring fresh towels and toilet roll daily, and the rooms are spacious, with a pleasant balcony (although ours had no real view). There is hot water. Two comfortable, single beds.

However, a few serious criticisms. There is no aircon - or even fan - in any of the rooms. The Atlantic breeze in Agadir keeps the climate fresh, but there were still a few nights when the temperature became very uncomfortable. If you're travelling in July or August, I'd consider buying an electric fan.

As others have pointed out, there is non-stop, loud, awful music blasting out of knackered old speakers near the pool, making it hard to relax if you just want to sit back and read etc.

Our room was tucked away towards the back of the maze-like complex, so we had no problems with noise, but we came across others who had to request a change of room because they were too close to the pool. The hotel bar also plays loud Moroccan karaoke into the night.

All in all we had a great time and judging by the look of some other places in Agadir, Tagadirt is a very good choice for an average quality, budget hotel.

But for those who prefer the air-conditioned quiet life, perhaps think again.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the pool area, and from the hotel bar
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The easyjet website gave this a 3 star rating!! Really?!! What room dd they stay in?! It may be budget ( although not that cheap) but certain things should be standard? Some sort of air con is needed.. 48 degrees with no air con is unbearable.. A kettle be good..Had to move rooms twice due to the daily disco noise till gone one am... rave music by the pool during the day? Were all trying to relax by the pool!! Breakfast basic but ok... Saving grace is restaurant opposite called best food...three course meal for 5 quid! Close to beach so handy if just a bed... No tvs and shower hanging off wall.. Won't stay here again... Should be 2 star!

• Stayed July 2012
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was in this hotel for a week. I was amazed by the stuff and the direction that they spend all there time to make you feel welcome in the hotel and in Morocco.
The rooms was very clean, the food was very good and the animation team was amazing. My kids are so happy that I did choose this hotel.
I do recommend this hotel to all my friends and to any one who is looking to have holiday in Agadir.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel is what you pay for, no frills on this one. But all we was after was somewhere to stay for the week. Half board Food was ok but watch out for the soup which is on permanent reboil which made us ill. Bar prices were excellent compared to that outside and the staff were very friendly. Don't pay no more than 170 dirham for a taxi to and from the airport. Very close to beach which is ideal. Didn't make use of the hotel pool but looked ok. There is pool side restaurant at a fair price. Local shops close by are ok. But watch out for the beggars down the passage way to the street below. Don't go in the English pub it's a rip off for drink prices. Overall I would say the price you pay is what you get as there are numerous better looking hotels in the area. Withdrawing money is not a problem with numerous cash machines in very close proximity.

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel doesn't charge you much, so don't expect too much. Generally speaking Morocco lacks service culture in the western way. So even if you are in a five star, it is highly likely that if you are at reception, the person behind you can be served. I stayed here four nights, the first night we had altercation at the reception, to which the lady there added that no one stays without shelter in morocco, if we don't have space, I will host you at my home. Very Generous but I wasn't expecting that !

Breakfast is basic and I preferred to skip that and dine in a nearby market that had a very nice Berber breakfast at cheap price. Overall, it is close to the beach and convenient but don't expect quite a lot for the price. Cleaning staff do work very well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tagadirt Hotel? Share your experiences!