“Warm winter” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Warm winter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very welcoming staff, we were made to feel relaxed in our time staying at Kenzi. Me my friend and her parents came to Agadir for a week, we enjoyed our time here. When we arrived temperatures were around 17-22 degrees.
We felt the entertainment wasn't really for English, as the hotel had more Germans and French people there so entertainment was in their language. So we just stayed at the bar, (which we weren't complaining.) The food was very nice, reviews that I had read before say that there wasn't much variety, but we felt there was enough to choose from each time we came into the restaurant. (The grilled chicken was my personal favorite) My friend very much enjoyed the pancakes for breakfast..
Our bedroom was fine, we felt a bit concerned about using the safe as it didn't seem secure as it was easy enough for somebody to pick the safe up and take it with them, if somebody was to take it. The shower was very powerful, not the best of showers I've ever had, the bathroom didn't feel clean the mirrors seemed to be dirty and the taps were mucky. But it wasn't much of a big deal as we were out most of the time we only jumped in and out of the shower. Apart from that we were very satisfied with the Hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Swansea County, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We had a really lovely time and were not put off by some negative reviews. Some of the staff were a little testy in mood but a small tip at the beginning means they dont care if you are French, British or from Outer Mongolia give a little and get excellent service in return. Its a bit in reverse the way tipping should work but if you only have 10 days there's no time not to have a good time. The food was basic. Some days delicious some days far to much bone and gristle for me. The hotel was one of the cleanest I have visited with immaculate grounds and plenty of room around the pool and lawns to relax without having to be on top of everyone else.
All in all one of ther best value for mnoey holidays we've had.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms were also facing the main road and revellers were said to be noisy. Choose a room...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed here for a week in sept 2014 and was just what we needed for a quiet totally relaxing break Other reviews had said staff favoured French people but that isn't the case, it just happens to be their second language Most staff spoke good enough English to get by and all were so helpful and pleasant Baziz the concierge was just great during our stay and always happy to point you in the right direction The food was better than a lot of all inclusive and could always find something to eat Freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast ( found outside on the terrace ) worth waiting in queue for! Overall I would recommend and would go back myself...but don't expect a lot in the way of nightlife you are in north Africa

• Stayed September 2014
St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spending Christmas and New Year at the Kenzi was an excellent choice, due mainly to the friendly, super helpful staff - especially the Restaurant Manager and his team. Warm temperature – around 20-22 degrees most days.

I arrived on Christmas Day for 7 nights, leaving New Year ’s Day.

I must admit, my first impression was not the best. At check in, the young male receptionist had an attitude change when he found out I was travelling solo. (I was expecting some resistance; given Morocco has a Muslim majority).

I was given a room on the ground floor, which was small and had a rusty fridge. So far, it wasn't looking good. Discovering the room door didn't lock, I went straight back to reception. They gave me an alternative room, again on the ground floor, which was much better - spacious, door locked and no rust in fridge. I was happy!

That was the only major hiccup.

My room was road facing (although behind a building). The patio was positioned into the ground, so it felt like being in a dug out.

I did tip and tip well (20-50 dirham - £1.70 to £4.00), but boy was it worth it. Waiters were always so attentive.

In the mornings, the Restaurant Manager would enquire if I would like a table outside. He would then save me one and get me freshly squeezed tangerine juice (I mean FRESHLY - they squeeze it in front of you in the restaurant) and also refill my coffee. I felt like royalty. He even cooked me some toast one day, so I didn’t have to line up.

There were 5 restaurant staff who looked after me extremely well, knowing what I like (red wine/black coffee) and setting up my favourite table accordingly. They had the most amazing service I have ever come across. Always asking how I was and having a chat – their English is very good, especially as they are taught French at school, not English.

The waiting staff really did make my holiday. One of the waitresses gave me a hug when I came in for lunch on New Year’s Eve, as it was the last day I would see her. How amazing is that?!

Apart from the one young man on reception, the other receptionists were friendly and helpful. They would always say “hi” and enquire about my day, as I walked in and out of the hotel.

The food was amazing. You could have fresh omelettes every morning. Line up and the chef would cook it for you, adding cheese/tomato/peppers - it was up to you. The line was no more than 5 people deep as worst. You could have fried eggs, sunny side up or turned over. People would just ask the chef to cook on both sides and he/she would.

There was a great variety of food. On New Year’s Eve there was a banquet, which was fantastic, although a little chaotic. Everyone in the hotel was eating at the same time.

For me, the food was excellent at Kenzi Europa. The best All Inclusive food I have ever had.

Rooms were clean and tidy and very comfortable. Shower was over bath. Always with hot and good pressure.

No tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. Also, there were no glasses. I just got a glass from the bar one night.

There was a safe in the room, which was free (a previous reviewer said they had to pay - I didn't. I was all inclusive, so not sure if that made a difference).

Beds were very, very comfortable, with a large and small pillow.

The TV had about 3 English channels, with one showing an English movie at night.

Hotel Entertainment most nights. The night of traditional dancing and snake charmer was good.

One downside of having a room on the ground floor was the noise from the cleaners. They would start work at 7am and talk very loudly, also drop their mop handles a lot. Also, I wasn't impressed on New Year’s Day when the Cleaner knocked on my door at 8am to clean the room. Hotel could do with some "Do Not Disturbed" signs.

Promenade is only a short walk from the hotel and beautiful. I found a Coffee Shop that was very cheap - look out for the red building as you walk towards the fishing port.

There is also a small souk (shops) across the road, which for me was great value.

Tour of Agadir from hotel, with Thomson’s, was cheap and very interesting. The main souk is something to behold. The tiny museum of Agadir is very interesting, giving you an insight into the life of the indigenous Berber.

Agadir is such a lovely place. The people are friendly, as long as you are polite. I had no problems strolling outside of the hotel or going to the Hotel's designated area on the beach by myself.

Best advice from Sandra, the Thomson rep, was be polite but firm. Say "No Thank You", keep walking and don't make eye contact or smile too much. It worked. I had no problems.

I didn't go swimming, as it was a little cold for me, but I did seem some children going down the Hotel pool slides a few times. Looked like fun.

Wifi in the lobby and bar area was free and you didn't need a code. Outside you needed a code to a different Kenzi wifi. The code you get from reception. I could never get the outside wifi to work. Although the code was given to me by the young receptionist who checked me in, so maybe…

Being a self-confessed travelling addict, I would not normally return to the same hotel/location, but I am considering making an exemption for Kenzi Europa, Agadir. The reasons being, most of the staff were so lovely and the rooms were very comfortable. Although next time, I;d ask for a room above ground level!

I originally gaveKenzi Europa an Excellent rating, but changed it to Very Good. I downgraded my rating, due to the noisy cleaners and my first impression from the young receptionist hostilities towards me.

I would recommend this hotel, it is in such a great location, with excellent food and waiting staff.

Room Tip: *Ask for a room above Ground Level - Ground level is very noisey. *Tip 20 dirham (£1.70) in Hotel r...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Muttenz, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's a nice, clean and perfectly-located Hotel just a minute or two away from the beach. The breakfast buffet is nice. WiFi is available but don't expect it to run super fast, though it's enough for a holiday.
Unfortunately the safe costs extra for every day and we had some trouble installing it, but the cleanliness, sweetness of the staff and the amazing location compensated that flaw.
We had a great time, there's a market just outside the hotel and a bunch of restaurant around it. The bird valley is also just around the corner and in my opinion a must-see (it's even for free)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in Kenzi 7 nights.We couldnt fault it.Food was good,everyone could find something to their taste.Rooms really clean and staff friendly.We had really nice room with sun all day long and with view for garden and sea.Hotel is located just few mins from the beach and close to Agadir attractions.We would recommend,when you would like some nice time away without spending fortune.

• Stayed January 2015
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a great hotel,very clean,well laid out and decor was great.
Hard to describe this hotel except to say that we could not fault it.Bedroom was well equiped with a massive bed,t.v,en suite with a wonderful powerful shower,looked over the pool area that offered a large swimming pool with 4 water slides,sun loungers surround the pool area,Also a life guard on duty all the time.
Resteraunt was fantastic such a selection of food it was far in excess of what i expected,staff were more than helpful they could not do enough to help to make our holiday better.
This is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed at.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Kenzi Europa? Share your experiences!