There are countries in the world where they will try to gyp you on every occasion everywhere you go.. People there don’t realize that such person will never come to their place again. But they can’t help it, it is rooted in their blood, and apparently it is much stronger than any sense of common logic. Unfortunately Marocco is such a country and it’s high on the list.
Following is what transpired in the first TWO DAYS ( yes, 2 DAYS) of our stay in Agadir:
- arriving in Agadir airport we figured changing money in the BANK there should be safe and reliable. Not true. Another bank few steps down the hallway was paying much better rate.
- We wanted to see the Medina there ( thinking that, like in all arab countries, it is a bazaar, a market place with lots of different things to buy). The people at the hotel reception told us to take an orange or red taxi outside. They run on the meter and the fare should bo no more than 25 MAD. We hailed an orange taxi. There was no meter in it and the driver asked for 50 MAD one way. He lowered to 30 when we decided to leave.
It appeared that the „medina” there is not a bazaar. It is a historical village with interesting architecture but an entry fee of 40 MAD p/p. The place was almost totally empty with just few stores open.The bazaar in Agadir is somewhere else and is called the Souk.
-We went to Souk. Lots of stands with everything from fruits and spices to fake watches. The pile of sweet dried dates looked good . The sample they gave us was delicious. We returned to that stand a while later to buy half a kilo .We noticed that the guy is loading the bag with the stuff from the back of the pile. Overdried , small and wrinkled. We emptied the bag and asked to give us the dates from the front. He did not like that to much.
-To the right outside of the hotel is a „travel” office. They offered a trip to Marakesh for a lower price than offered by our tour operator. A guide, tour and the entrance to the gardens and the palace included. When we went again to book it another guy was there. A guide will cost extra and the entrances have to be paid separately (unless we bring them at least two other people to go on this tour.
-There are outdoor fish stands/eateries by the entrance to the port in Agadir. A mixed plate there cost 34 MAD. It is visibly posted on the boards . We made sure to make it clear that we ordered only for one person. You probably guessed already that they wanted double the price. If it wasn’t for a loud objection who knows how it would ended
-The description of our hotel given by the tour operator clearly states that the water in the pool is heated during the winter time. It was December 8th but the water was so cold that a dip in it might have caused a hypothermia. Only a bunch of seagulls swimmed in the pool with pleasure.
-There is a jaccuzi in the hotel states the description. Yes the jaccuzi is there but without any water in it.
All this and more happened on our first TWO days. We have five more to go on. Don’t know how we’re gonna cope as it really makes you tired. Very tired.
Hotel is managed badly by the new owners. We spoke to one of them, he was glad to leave back for Maiorca, where he lives. The personel says the owners just pocket the money, instead of investing it.
Hard to rate this place. One thing for sure, the dates are delicious and sardines are the best in the world. And the weather was nice and sunny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located a 10-minute walk from Agadir centre and 250 metres from the beach, this hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, 2 tennis courts, fitness center, sauna and spa treatments available on site.Guest rooms at Le Tivoli are air-conditioned and offer a seating area withsatellite TV. Each room has a suite bathroom and balcony.A buffet breakfast is served daily at this Moorish-style hotel. Guests can enjoy Moroccan and international dishes at the restaurant and the bar beside the pool offers drinks and snacks throughout the day.Guests can enjoy a view of the beach from the sun terrace surrounding the pool. Relaxation facilities available on site include a sauna, hot tub and hammam and massage treatments.A private beach is located 300 meters away.Le Tivoli is located 3 km away from Agadir Marina and 24 km from Agadir Al Massira Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Blue Sea Hotel Le Tivoli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Tivoli Agadir
- Hotel Le Tivoli