“Really Nice Maroccan Palace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Palace Agadir

You added Atlantic Palace Agadir to your Saves list
Atlantic Palace Agadir
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Secteur Touristique et Balneaire, BP 194 | Secteur Touristique Et Balneaire, BP 194, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Cairo, Egypt
“Really Nice Maroccan Palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

It was a fantastic stay!!!!!! staffs are really perfect !!! Swimming pool is huge and gatden are really nice- andalous style. Buffets were really good!!! Our room was really spacious with a lots of light.
The Casino is a nice one but not for my wallet.....;-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Waldenbuch, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Upon arrival you will 'ooh' and 'ahhh' at the magnificent decor of the entry. You will be more than impressed at the spacious layout of the various room wings surrounding the pristine pool. Ensure though that you get a bellhop to guide you to your room- because that spacious layout equals a confusing interior maze and room number plans which don't neccessarily follow common sense.

Checking your room though, you'll find that its amenities are very very average with a generally poor internet connection throughout. Being a business traveller, internet was a must-have, and the only sure thing in here is the lobby. My favorite rooms are the pool-side, bottom floor ones; not just because your chances for receiving a Wi-Fi signal are better, but they tend to have a large patio for hanging out on if you wanted to sit outside in the sun but not go by the pool. Careful though- there isn't a good drainage system to these, and once during a torrential late night downpour I awoke to step in 2 inches of water- the rain had filled up the patio and the water kept rising until it flowed freely under the patio door.

I've noticed a decline over the years of how clean the rooms are kept, and on my last stay, curious to see how long this would go on- I saw the same smashed bug on the patio window every day, and this was in an impossible-to-miss location.

Sleep Quality Average- Some nights the hotel has an event with a loud band that plays until near midnight- and the patio doors or windows are not the sound-proof type.

The location is average-good. It is within easy walking distance of some good restaurants and a convienient store that sells anything you may want- (including alcohol). Note: When shopping at the convienient store, be sure to bring your own small backpack or tote bag to hide your purchases, at the hotel does not allow outside bought stuff like this.

I usually use the service entrance to the hotel grounds located behind the hotel nightclub to go in and out- as this opens to a small alley which leads to some good restaurants and the aforementioned convienient store.

Listed October 2012 as date last stayed, but have been here on and off many times over the past 4 years.

Room Tip: Request a "pool-facing" room for having a better chance of receiving an internet connectio...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Harlow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good holiday. Family is happy.
But the hotel is far away from own beach. There are plenty hotels closer to the beach. The own beach is on public beach and very very dirty and busy every time.
Not allowed to bring everything to the hotel such as food or drinks. So if you are thirsty during night or first thing in the morning (night temperature 26 degrees) you need to use room bar where one small can of coke costs 2 EURO and this is the cheapest one...
Fitness room is very poor.
WiFi connection is very very bad. I used to go to reception area to use internet.
Good thing: rooms were cleaned every day. Good swimming Pool. Casino and night club are very close.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CommercialAtlantic, Directeur général at Atlantic Palace Agadir, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Eduard U,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on this website, following your recent stay.

I have well noticed your recommendations for the cost of the drinks and the WIFI.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Essex.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This review is hard for me as on some levels I loved the look / style / class of this hotel but we feltit let us down on some many levels it doesnt warrant a 5 star review. My main problem was that I run an online business and need to work online every day and the wifi was not working or only barely working in the room on one device (out of 7 devices) This is despite us booking this hotel specifically as it was advertised as wifi in every room and lobby,

When I complained about this the receptionist told me that as it was free it cant be guarenteed and said 'other hotels charge for wifi' - I said other 'good quality' and premium hotels recognise that wifi is almost essential to most people thesedays and should be working and included in the cost of standard bookings.

Good Points
Lovely looking big lobby and side room
Big Pool area / loads of loungers
BBQ lunch served daily around pool
Wifi in Lobby always good (only 10mb connection - I have 100mb connection in my house !)
Lobby looks fantastic
Pool area is great
Nice quiet location
Great rooms / balcony
Clean Roobs / Pool
Breakfast is good
Restaurant has great food and world class service (really reat)
10 minutes walk from beach
Private area on beach (towels provided)

Bad points
Totally Pathetic pricing policy for bottles of water around pool (about £4 each !)
Drinks in the bar in the evening totally overpriced (double other bar prices)
Wifi in room was either very very week or not working on 5 out of 7 nights
Seats in lobby look great but totally uncomfortable
Fridge locked on second from last day - reception informed and told us they would send someone (nobody ever turned up!)
Ants infested our room - reception informed and told us they would send someone (nobody ever turned up!)
For first 2 nights there was no wifi in room at all and after spending 1 hour at reception they eventually got someone to fix it by rebooting the router (that I initially suggested)
Twice there wasnt any money to change up
Safe malfunctioned (fixed within 1 hour)
Partner was sure that we were not treated as well as the French speakers
Spa was not included in price of room (not even inside pool available without paying)

Room Tip: Ours didnt have good wifi so insist on one that has perfect connection as advertised in their websit...
Dear James B,

I have well notice your recommendations, specially for the WIFI and the price of the drinks.

Nijmegen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Great entrance! In our first room the airconditioning didn't work....I reported this right away. The promissed me the send someone up. After 15 mins I called again. Then the receptionist told me there was no one to help us and we had to wait till the next morning. I told her this was not an option as it was way to warm in the room. The she said she would try again to reach someone. After 15 mins I called her again. Then she told me someone would come up in 15 mins to fix it. After 30 mins still no one showed up...Then I went to the reception. Then the guy at the reception told me that there was no one there to help me. OMG...this frustrated me soooo bad. I became very angry at gut at the reception. He didn't seem to be impressed at al. After 20 mins standing at the reception desk they finally gave me a new room! This was at 00.30 in the night! I was soooooo tired.... Not a good impression for a first day. The days after there were no big problems but at our last day there was a huge problem at the pool. We arrived at the pool at 9.30 in the morning. All the beds were taken but there were only 4 people in the pool. The guys at the pool told me it was not their problem and we had to get up earlier. I told him we first went to the restaurant for breakfast and then go to the pool.....not the other way around...as most people do. I told him this was a big problem as most of the people put their towels on the beds and not show up until lunch. He laughed at me and give me a big mouth....I was so pissed at him that I went up to the reception. The girl at the reception understood me right away and rang the manager. Also the manager understood the problem right away and walked to the pool with me. He really got angry at the guys at the pool. So I'm happy the manager was really understanding...but the guys at the pool really could use a course in how to treat a guest. It was clear that guys at the pool were given tips to reserve the beds for certain guest....really unprofessional.

The good things in this hotel are: amazing clean rooms, the entrance is amazing, staff in the restaurant work really hard, the quietness during the night is really nice, breakfast is great!
The bad things in this hotel are: Some staff are just rude, the prices of the drinks are way to expensive: € 3.50 for a botlle of water €7 for a beer, you are not allowed to buy something elsewhere and then bring it to the hotel ( a botlle of water at the nearest supermarket cost €0.60), lunch and dinner are really not that great, a lot of loud French people.......

Overall a really nice hotel but some of the staff are just not that hospitable....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dwouters,

I do apologize for problems you had on the first night and at the pool. For the air conditionning, we should had better check your room before gave it to you and propose you faster to have an other room instead of wait that long, I am very sorry. Concerning the pool, your testimony help us a lot on enhance the way to give seats during the high season, and we had train our staff for.

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here from 3rd August for a week. The hotel has potential mainly because of the big pool and nice aspect of some of the rooms that over look said pool. The hotel wants to be a 5 star establishment but it is not and this lets it down. Lots of space but under utilised in an attempt to make it have a sense of grandeur. Would be much better to actually use the space to provide better facilities to the paying guests.
However all of this aside our stay was completely ruined half way through our holiday. I was 'intercepted' outside the hotel one morning by a security guard/bouncer and frogmarched to the hotel reception where I was paraded in front of the hotel management because I dared to bring in a bottle of water in a bag after a trip to the beach. Absolutely pathetic. Once I had my dressing down the concierge suggested he could sneak the water in to our room later on. OMG!
I'm sure my basic human rights have been violated. Sad episode really. Not what you expect when you are paying to stay somewhere.
I thought the breakfast was pretty good but we ate once in the main restaurant in the evening and the food was very poor. Like another customer we tried the lunch BBQ and were served under cooked meat. One of our children was ill afterwards and the others had funny tummies for the rest of the holiday.
At the beginning of our holiday I was determined not to fall in to the issue around the whole 'French speakers' get a better deal here but by the end of the week I was feeling that way.

Dear TheNewells,

Once again I do apologize for the behavior of the security guard that intercept you in a very bad manner. I hope you will change your mind on us and come back to visit us on your next stay in Agadir.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel does not deserve its 5 star rating.
1. We booked two rooms together with a garden view and did not get this. Upon arrival we were treated badly while this was re-arranged. Very little communication and no apology.
2. The comment below regarding language affects treatment is true. French speakers were given a better breakfast experience and there was no meet or greet for us on any occasion.
3. Pool side bar, very slow service and I experienced a slimy waiter who spent the entire time my food was cooking trying to persuade me that we need him to escort us to a club - did not return for this reason.
4. Hotel do not allow water to be brought in and charge through the roof for it.
5. Ordered oriental burger in the bar and potato wedges. Came with crisps instead. I asked again for the meal I ordered and they scraped the crips off my plate in front of me and brought out wedge 20 minutes later. No apology and cold food.
6. MOST DISAPPOINTING - Though the hotel booked a trip for 3 to Marrakech on Sunday and paid approx £64 each which we were told was from 6.30 am till 12.30 AM including transport for the day, a guide and all meals and water. It was approaching 7 and we approached the concierge expressing our concerns who were unfriendly and said they will have a lot of hotel pick ups and we need to be patient. At 9AM! The concierge approached us and said they have not heard from the tour company and so arranged for us to go in the car and have a guide. We got there at 11.30 and had a two hour tour with the guide who said he was finished at 1.30 and said good bye and accepted regretfully our generous tip. The driver said that we had to leave at 4 at the very latest and asked where he could drive us? We were confused as we were under the impression that we were there for the day with a guide as we finished our lunch (worth approx £8) I asked the driver if we could call the hotel as we felt very mislead.
I spoke to the same member of concierge and explained and then he asked to speak to the driver again, but did not communicate anything to me. Next, the guide returned very angry and aggressive that we called the hotel and said he would continue to escort us and the driver said it was fine to return later than 4. It was one of the most uncomfortable experiences for us all. As they were so aggressive we said we would continue on our own for another 2 hours (we wanted to escape this aggressive situation ASAP) and still leave it 4 bearing in mind it was a 3 hour return trip.
The worst part of this was the poor management of this experience by the hotel including the hotel manager. We had to explain what happened on 4 occasions, two of those to the actual manager. The concierge were sarcastic and after we initially explained the situation said 'I hear you we're too hot in Marrakech', we later found out that the guide lied and said we said we were too hot which is why they arranged to leave early! We were furious as we then understood that the hotel did not believe us!
Eventually we got a 50% refund but the way we were treated was diabolical.
I would not recommend this hotel as you will be disappointed.

I give it two stars because the pool is beautiful and the rooms (once you get the right one) are clean and spacious.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 633SarahF633,

We already had the pleasure to discuss all the points you mentioned face to face (and with your friend Sal A) before you leave. I hope you will change your mind on us and come back to visit us on your next stay in Agadir.

L. Le Baud - Room Division Manager

Been to Atlantic Palace Agadir? Share your experiences!