“Lovely stay at Atlantic Palace” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Palace Agadir

You added Atlantic Palace Agadir to your Saves list
Atlantic Palace Agadir
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Secteur Touristique et Balneaire, BP 194 | Secteur Touristique Et Balneaire, BP 194, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Dublin
“Lovely stay at Atlantic Palace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

First time in Morocco, arrived 26th July. Private transfer from airport to hotel, which was a definite plus!Only couple in our tour operator group to be checking into A.P, which worried me a bit but paid it no heed. Hotel in an area with plenty of other hotels so there are lots of other tourists in the area. We were welcomed into the hotel and given some Moroccan tea to sip on while our details were sorted out. A deposit of 200euro was required, which seemed quite steep(the usual for me would be about 50euro).

Hotel room was lovely, but as far as I remember, we had been booked for a garden view with balcony. Instead we were shown to a ground level garden view terrace. I didn't mind at all, as there was no difference-until the morning when I found ants crawling around by the terrace door and in the room itself. Not sure if the same thing happens on rooms higher up, but I'd be requesting 1st level room next time!But the room we had was very nice-HUGE bed, very clean room, bright and airy. All rooms have internet, but it ca be a bit slow-find out what your hotel section is called as the internet is divided into hotel areas.

Pool area is lovely, very relaxed and lots of sunbeds to choose from, all with parasols. Bar beside the pool has nice food, but on our first experience there, the food took about half an hour to arrive(pizza and chicken pitta). However, the second time round, it was there within 10 mins so we just put it down to a busy day first time round!Food within the hotel is very expensive-32 euro per person for buffet dinner, and 16 per person for buffet lunch(even though I was quote 25 p/p by reception).

Breakfast is wonderful-absolutely spoiled for choice! Lots of bread, hot food(omelettes, potato, tomatoes, sausages, scrambled/fried eggs, pancakes), cereals, meats and fruit. Freshly squeezed juices aswell, which are amazing!

Restaurants are definitely within walking range of the hotel-Come out the main entrance of the hotel gates and turn right and if you follow that road all the way down you see lots of restaurants and the promenade is right beside you with lots more aswell. Our recommendations are Little Norway, Mimi Le Brochette, Le Nil Bleu-all wonderful food with very friendly staff.

There is a shop within the hotel for items like water, snacks, toiletries etc but they are pricier than outside. Unfortunately, the hotel operates a policy that forbids you from bringing any foods or drinks into the hotel. I refused to pay 4euro for a big bottle of water when it was 1.50 outside, so we just brought a backpack with us, which solved the problem.

Also, there is no night-time entertainment in the hotel, so if you're going with kids, there is nothing in A.P eg kids clubs or shows at night. Along the promenade, there were lots of bouncy castles and play areas which would be perfect:) It was Ramadan while we were there, so the promenade was still really busy at 11pm or so, tourists and locals!

We definitely enjoyed our stay at Atlantic Palace, a few hiccups but nothing major! Hope this review was in some way helpful, tried to include everything!

Room Tip: Our ground level terrace had ants-so it might be best to go up a level!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CommercialAtlantic, Directeur général at Atlantic Palace Agadir, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Louisey06,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on this website, following your recent stay.

I have well notice your recommendations. Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

L. Le Baud - Room Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I've been here in 2006. Hotel offers a very good location - 7 min walk you can find many restaurants. Great service, very good variety of food and very nice rooms, spacious, comfortable beds. Hotel has a very good pool area and a beautifully garden who managed trees and flowers. Beautiful interior - lobby and the indian restaurant - Taj Mahal restaurant. Across the streets there is the Ocean. Hotel has its own club (disco) and a casino.

Room Tip: The place is very quiet (except for seagulls in the morning). Ask for a room to the pool!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear BeatriceChis,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on this website,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The last time I visited Agadir was nearly 30 years ago but it will not be long before I return. What made our holiday special was the Atlantic Palace Hotel which was fantastic.

The food was marvellous with a choice of 3 restaurants and the staff were so professional and quite simply a joy to be around. Special mention must go to Youseff, the Concierge, who would grace any hotel in the world. Nothing was a bother and he organised everything from jet skiing to camel riding, always happy to go that extra mile.

The swimming pool is enormous and the hotel room very nice and quiet. I cannot tell you how relaxed I felt after my stay.

A very happy and memorable time, a time which my children and I will treasure.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Janet m,

All the Atlantic Palace's teams, Youssef and I would like to thank you for this vrery kind comment on us.

We hope to welcome you in a very near future.

Best Regards,
L. Le Baud - Director of Rooms
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just spent 10 nights at Atlantic Palace and an excellent experience. Hotel offers a very good location (5-7 minutes walk to its private beach, many restaurants are nearby), great service, very good variety of food and very nice rooms.

The rooms are very nice (get a room with a balcony - it worth it), comfortable beds, good AC units, reasonably spacious.

Hotel has a very good pool area and a garden (peaceful, beautifully managed trees and flowers). Beautiful interior (lobby and Taj Mahal restaurant). There is also a good cigar club on the second floor overviewing the ocean

Across the streets there are other hotels which offer some night entertainment (I was not particularly impressed with the clubs but it is there) Hotel has its own club and a casino (there are poker tournaments)

It is very quiet (except for seagulls in the morning:))

People working at the hotel are very accommodating, polite and professional. Yoseff (concierge) is an enormous help. I would love for him to be noted by his superiors for a true hospitality to hotel's guests

I would certainly recommend this place for others to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CommercialAtlantic, Directeur général at Atlantic Palace Agadir, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear surfer255,

North West
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

As I write this I've been waiting 50 minutes for a salad in a half empty pool bar in an even less populated hotel. It's a large resort type hotel aimed at the holiday market but its tired, unfriendly, not on the beach (across the road and past the beach front hotels), doesn't have a good gym, food very average (can't comment on lunch as I'm still waiting) and you could do do much better by going elsewhere. If its sun and fun you're after, try the Canaries (50 miles away). This is very much like Cape Verde or Tunisia, tired, questionable hygiene and bound to disappoint!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Skylord,

I would like to thank you for your review on us.

I have well noted your recomandations. I do really apologize for the bad experience you faced at restaurant.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Kilkenny, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in December at New Years Eve. I was very disappointed with the Hotel in general. The pool area is not great and the service at the pool was not good, unfriendly staff at the pool area. The drinks in the upstairs bar were very expensive for Morocco nine euro for a gin and tonic.. To have breakfast in your room ( they only serve continental breakfast in your room) was an extra 30 euro per day although our rate was for Bed and Breakfast but because they were carrying a tray to your room they wanted an extra 30 euro each day. We discussed this matter with the Manager when we were leaving but he didn't care, he just said that was the hotel policy. On New Year's Eve the dinner that night was 150 euro each which I though was too expensive. I paid extra for a garden view room and the view was just a pathway looking at another building. This Hotel is not five star apart from the price, if you want five star in Agadir go to the Sofitel its a much better standard. I couldn't get the Sofitel as it was fully booked at the time but I have stayed in the Sofitel before and it was excellent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Annabella_12,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review.

Your comments are constructive and will help us improve the quality of service we provide to our customers.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon and show you and the efforts that have been made.

Agay, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Excellent hotel with very nice facilities, spa very convenient, large swimming pool.
The different restaurant are very good, specially the morocco one.
My room had been freshly painted so the smell was a bit difficult during the two first days

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
CommercialAtlantic, Directeur général at Atlantic Palace Agadir, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Tigrenbois,

L. Le Baud - Room Division Manager

Been to Atlantic Palace Agadir? Share your experiences!