“Tikida Palace Agadir” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
south shields
“Tikida Palace Agadir”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

First of all, the room has a kettle and two decent sized mugs! I wish Thomsons could mention this in brochure or read on here as would have saved me taking both, useful to know before hand.

Yes, the hotel, food, staff, grounds are lovely. Two gripes for me having stayed in Tikida Palmeraie, Marrakech. No BBC1 or ITV. I know you don't go on holiday for TV but it's a nice touch to watch something familiar first thing, getting ready or when you return to room as the TP in Marra is only 4* and has this. My husband wanted to watch the England-Aussie rugby and had to go to and find somewhere showing this. We queried this and was told it was because of the 'make up' of the clients. Clearly, not enough British at hotel but this is not going to stop anyone going as it is a fabulous hotel.

The room is lovely with those little extras that make it nice. A flexible reading light, stocked bar, kettle with tea/milk as mentioned. However, to straighten my hair, which takes a while, I had to unplug the TV so I could be near a mirror, or you could use the plug at one of the bedsides and use mirror on opposite wall but it would have been nice to have a seating and mirror area together for this and make up.

Would I go back? No, simply because I have been to Marrakesh three times and as a resort it wins hands down. Agadir, as people have mentioned, has very little to offer. Also, after four visits think I have had enough of queuing for 45 mins after long flight at passport control. More staff needed. This was worse on return. We had two check outs open for Manchester which were rediculously long. It took 55mins to get to front in this stuffy airport and then a further 20 mins to get though passport contrso on your feet for 75mins with not a seat in sight.

Just want to say all the staff are lovely and i fyou have booked you can't fail to enjoy!

Room Tip: Our first room was on top floor overlloking the neighbouring hotels tennis court and a car park. I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

How can anyone say this was a bad hotel, from start to finish we loved every bit of it, we have also travelled extensively and can without say this is the best 5 * hotel we have stayed in for service and decor and amenities.

The satff from the groundsmen to the manager were superb, always helpful and and always smiling.

Trust me I am a grumpy sod when it come to Customer Service and value for money and have no complaints at all for our stay, in fact there is one complaint, Too much fantastic food available, !!!

Trips were well planned and guides excellent, weather good, food good , rooms brilliant, loved it loved it, loved it .

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have views and were so quiet
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We have just returned after a week (20th - 27th June 2013). When we arrived our room was not ready. Bad organisation, they know how many guests they are expecting and how many rooms they will need at what times!
Considering it is only just over 12 months old, it's not 5 star at it's best. The pools did not have the gradual slopes or steps it get in easily if you are not a confident swimmer or able bodied. The beds in the pool were not there at all either. To get a descent sunned you had to get up at the crack of dawn or pay the pool boys to reserve them for you! This is not something that we have had to do in a Riu before!
The hotel was very dark, even when then lights were on.
The restaurants and food choice were amazing. The people are so nice and friendly. The cleaning staff actually clean, rather than looking as though they are cleaning.
We will still go to Rui hotels, but not this one.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Having returned from this hotel over a week ago, me and my boyfriend had such an amazing time that I felt almost obliged to write a review!
Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a week form 13 June 2013. On arrival at the airport, we were directed to our coach for transfer to the hotel - this was probably the worst part of the trip as we had to wait in the coach for nearly an hour waiting for other passengers, only to find out they had got a taxi to the hotel without telling the rep!
When we arrived to check in, there were about 6 members of staff working on the front desk top check everybody in quickly. We had no problems at all checking in and even got a yummy welcome drink on arrival. (My only complaint here is that I had emailed and asked for a room on a higher floor but we were given a room on the ground floor and when I asked, they couldn't move us as the hotel was full - in the long run we actually preferred being on the ground floor for ease of access to the pool!!).

I cannot fault anything about this hotel, from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, the service from all members of staff was impeccable, despite not tipping as we went along. The hotel was set in beautiful surroundings and the rooms was finished to perfection, with double sinks which is always a bonus for me as well as a separate seating area. The staff worked tirelessly throughout the day to ensure the grounds were clean and tidy and the pool area was big enough for everyone (although slightly too cold to get into when the sun was not shining!)

You had to get up extra early to grab one of the cabanas as there were only about 10 but there was no problem getting a basic sunbed even if you did leave it until after breakfast. However saying that we only got a plastic sunbed on one day when we were there and what hotel do you go to where towels aren't being laid out at the crack of dawn!? I don't think this will ever change!

All inclusive - where do I start, there was such a selection at breakfast, lunch and dinner, not even the fussiest of eaters could complain there wasn't something for them to eat, they catered for just about everyone! We personally however wanted to try some Moroccan food and we were slightly disappointed that the Moroccan section was fairly limited and felt like it was tucked away in a corner. My boyfriend also managed to get a tour of the kitchen and honestly he came back saying it was spotless. They had the best equipment in there and everything is kept separate so there is no chance of cross contamination. If you fell ill then it was probably down to the weather and not the food!!

There was a good selection of branded drinks as well as cocktails all made as expected. Although the strawberry daiquiris didn't quite taste right!

We ate at both the Marrakesh and the Krystal restaurant - we found the atmosphere and décor to be much nicer in the Krystal and we were able to eat at our own pace, whereas there wasn't much atmosphere in the Marrakesh and you felt a bit rushed. They would do well to focus on improving these.

We went on two tours - the day trip to Marrakesh and the half day trip in Agadir. Both were good and run by an excellent tour guide, Azizi! Marrakesh was a long day but well worth it however you really need a few days to explore all it has to offer!

Entertainment - they did have evening entertainment at the hotel but tbh we hardly saw any of it as we preferred to sit in the bar, drinking and chatting to other guests. They did have a good singer and pianist which gave a bit of background noise but it is not the hotel to go too if you want to be entertained all day and night with amazing activities and shows!

The assistant manager was around all the time, chatting to guests and asking any queries you had, we really felt that they were willing to do anything to make sure you had an enjoyable stay!

All in all, one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in! Not much to do in Agadir other than walk down the promenade to find gift shops and restaurants but I would definitely return to the hotel for the food alone! And we will definitely consider a Riu for our next stay!

the only let down was probably Thomson themselves, the welcome meeting went on for a bit too long, we didn't feel there was much presence from Thomson and when we did have a query, she failed to come back to us with an answer.

Finally, we also went to the local nightclub which is attached to the tikida beach hotel - papagayo - it doesn't open until 1 and was a good place to have a little boogie after drinking all day, although just slightly pretentious which I was not expecting! But you do get free entry as you are staying at a Riu so worth a go!

Romford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Almost everything was perfect about this hotel, there was a wide range of food & as a nut allergy sufferer I had absolutely no problem avoiding nuts. Drinks were lovely, especially the cocktails. Would have been nice if the bars were open past midnight but this wasn't a massive issue.
I found the waiters a bit intrusive sometimes, I like to be left in peace to eat but they sometimes made me feel a bit rushed & sometimes my plate was taken from me whilst I was still chewing!
The pool & gardens were lovely, we always managed to find somewhere to sit. Most staff were very friendly & helpful & were always willing to answer any questions we had.
The only thing I would say was bad about this hotel was the cleaning staff. When I'm on holiday I expect to be able to relax & have a lay in but it is virtually impossible as they move furniture around so loudly in the mornings. I worked out it was the beds they were moving but I can't place why as I looked under our bed & there was dust so I can't imagine they were moving them to clean under there. Also, my understanding was that if our red sign is on the door it means that we do not want anyone to enter, this was ignored once & a cleaner came in whilst me & my boyfriend were in bed.
Overall, I did think this was a lovely hotel. Very new, very well staffed & in a good location. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Carluke Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

A good quality All Inclusive only Hotel. It is well situated on the main Promenade with easy access to various clubs and restaurants. The hotel provides a high quality of food and service in the main buffet restaurant and in the Krystal a la carte restaurant. The service in the Marakesh a la carte does leave something to be desired. It was the only food outlet in the hotel where I felt that the staff found the customers to be a bit of an inconvenience,
The hotel is well appointed and clean although the outdoor pool is still a bit cold in June. Be very cautious of trying to arrange a late check out. The staff on reception don't seem to have the interests of the hotel or its clients at heart. With plenty of time between flights I still couldn't pay to extend my room (others did). I was offered a 30 minute slot for three of us to shower and change. This took some effort on our part to get, having been given various times to report to reception to be allocated a room. Initially we were provided with a room that had no towels and no running water! Whilst trying to resolve this latest difficulty, we well called to tell us our time was up! Eventually we did get a nice room with towels and running water but we were still left highly stressed on the last day of our holiday. It doesnt take much to spoil what otherwise had been a good stay. I would still recommend the Hotel and would advise the management to consider how they deal with late check outs in future. It is a profit opportunity that is not being fully exploited.
The hotel is well equipped to deal with wheelchair users and has plenty of lifts to ensure you can get about easily

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is amazing, and such a beautiful place for a holiday! The views from the top bar overlooking the pool and the sea, is just stunning, and it almost looks like an infinity pool (except when you're actually by the pool there is a small hill to go over to get to the beach - this gives more privacy and stops people passing by from being able to look in). out of the front of the hotel from the reception, there are local shops across the road, and out of the back of the hotel from the pool, there is a 30 second walk to the beach. If you turn right from the beach down towards the Agadir sign in the hills, there is a 25 minute walk down to the marina and all the local cafe's and restaurants, but as the hotel is all inclusive you don't really need to go out much. The indoor pool was empty everytime I used it, so I had it to myself as everyone else was outside at the main pool or on the beach. there is also a games room with pool tables and table football etc. The beach is completely seaweed free but watch out for jellyfish! (only saw one in the marina and not on the beach, but it was big!)

The restaurant has seating inside and out, so you can sit outside and watch the sunset over the hill sign! there is entertainment every evening in the bar and from the animation team, and all the staff are very friendly and accommodating! I was never once asked for a tip, which I found surprising from other times i've been away and it actually made me feel more comfortable that there was no pressure to tip anyone! (of course I did but out of my own free will!) My friend was impressed by the free bubbly offered at breakfast every day, and I was impressed by the free cocktails!

With regards to the sunbeds, yes people did go down before breakfast to put towels on the sunbeds, but the sun beds on the beach were virtually unused. also, the sofas at the bar area and at the back of the pool near the main building were pretty much empty. The only issue I had was that people kept stealing the parasols every time I went for a swim or to the bar, and with hardly any shade anywhere by the pool, I got burnt even with sun cream. If I go back, i'll definitely tie a scarf or something around it next time.

The room was amazing, the beds were so comfy I wanted to take mine home! The bathroom was big and had lots of space, but the doors were like cupboard doors, so if did feel like I was going to the toilet in the wardrobe! The bathtub has a rain fall shower over the top which was nice to have both options.

The Wifi signal was better by reception and the pool (i.e the public areas) but we couldnt get a signal in the room. not that it really mattered much as we were on holiday). And we did try out the tv, and there were a couple of channels showing films in English but had arabic subtitles. There were a couple of music channels and everything else was in other languages. again, this didnt really matter as we were on holiday and didn't go away to watch tv! The room also had a kettle and came with tea and coffee making facilities which is hard to find, so again this was nice.

The food was delicious, with so many different options to choose from, they had local dishes, italian, they had a carvery, and my favourite night was Chinese night!

If i ever go back to morocco, i wouldn't stay in any other hotel, i'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing view! definitely worth it if there is a supplement.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends