“Recommend This Hotel To Every One” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Riu Palace Tikida Agadir
Chemin des Dunes, Agadir, Morocco   |
Ranked #2 of 80 hotels in Agadir
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Recommend This Hotel To Every One”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We are at this very hotel at the moment. Like all other travellers to this hotel, we did have reservations. The minute we walked through the door, we new we had made the right choice. We have travelled to many country's, and we always Travel with an open mind. With all reviews on Trip Advisor you have to read between the lines, of the good and the bad reviews.
The welcome was a very warm one, the reception staff very helpful. The entrance lobby very grand. we felt at ease straight away. We are here for one week, wishing we had booked two. The time is going very fast. The hotel is in an excellent position,the pools and pool area are beautiful. Yes the one pool is cold but I don't think this is a deal breaker for booking to stay here, after all it is December. It is slightly out of season, with some restaurants closed. However there is still plenty of choice. You must try to remember that this is Morocco and five star here is slightly different to five star in Uk. We are in a pool view room 3044 and are very happy. The buffet in the main restaurant has a wide choice every evening, if you can't find something you like you must be a very fussy eater. My review is a very honest one, there are a few little things not quite up to uk standard, but I would recommend this hotel to any one. We will definitely be back again one day. Thank you all at the Hotel, you are making our holiday a wonderful experience. I don't want to name staff members, but would just like to add that they are all very nice and helpful. my husband likes to go on trips, so I spend a lot of my time alone, but I feel very happy and at ease around the pool on my own. Once again A Big Thank You to one and all at the Palace. What more can we say.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,331 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I visited the hotel last week. Before we left I was a big uneasy due to the mixed reviews but once there we were pleasantly surprised. The resort is exactly how it is shown in the pictures and is kept very well. The all inclusive was different everyday although they kept some things regular, we also had waiter service at every meal and people were willing to wait on you constantly. The rooms were cleaned at a very high standard every day. All in all the resort was everything we could ask for and the staff were all friendly from management, to waiters, to cleaners. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone as it suits all types of travellers.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I spent a week at the Riu Tikida Palace in Agadir with my partner in early November. Our first impressions of the hotel were that the decor and feel of the place were very grand. The reception area and entrance hall area are beautifully built and finished and make for a very luxurious space. Our welcome was warm and we were greeted with a drink upon our arrival. The bar was also open a little later than usual so that we could get a drink before we retired to our room.

The quality of our room was very good - probably one of the best rooms I have stayed in in recent years. The standards of cleanliness are also excellent and the hotel staff very friendly.

In general we had a lovely holiday, however there were a few issues during our stay.

We found that there was often a nasty smell of drains in the areas around the pool bars which was rather off-putting. We also both got ill during our stay (stomach upset and nausea) which we can only attribute to the food and / or drink.

There was a good choice of food provided, however I found nearly every dish served in the main self service restaurants was either too salty and / or too greasy. I also found it very annoying that our plates were removed almost immediately after we had put our knives and forks down. I personally like to have a few minutes before someone whisks my plate away. The quality of the food and the service in the 'a la carte' restaurants was much better, however it was quite difficult to get a table due to high demand and limited opening hours.

The beach was just in front of the hotel, however it was not the cleanest beach I have ever seen and certainly not the prettiest. We spent most of our daytime sitting by the pool.

All in all, we had a good holiday, however I'm not sure I would return due to the issues noted above.

Room Tip: A pool view room is well worth the supplement.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was a smart hotel with friendly and efficient staff.A welcome drink on arrival but the room we were allocated smelt of drains.We changed it and got a better room with a slight view of the sea.rooms were spacious with a mini bar and tea and coffee facilities.The drinks were copious and fizzy French wine was available at breakfast.The choice of wine was limited but it was very drinkable and the waiters were keen to replenish glasses quickly.
The Morocan and Krystal restaurants had waiter service which was a delightful change from buffets.The Italian was not open.The food in the specialist restaurants was very good but the choice was slightly limited.It was mu wife's birthday and they gave us 'champagne' and a cake and sang to her.She also enjoyed a good value massage.
The near outdoor pool was very pleasant but the pool by the bar was freezing.The beech was very sandy but sometimes dirty.
There was apleasnt walk to the marina along the esplanade.
Not much in Agadir.It was destroyed by an earthquake.the castle on the top of the hill is a ruin.There are a few mangy camels there but it would be foolish to get on them as they are not looked after.The souk is nothing compared to the one in Marrakesh but at least you do not get hassled so much.
All in all,a relaxing holiday with good service.

Room Tip: Change your room if it smells! Rooms on the fourth floor have good views.
Wetherby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife & I have just returned from a two centre holiday with four nights in Marrakech and seven nights in Agadir. Having spent seven nights in the Hotel Riu Palace Tikida Agadir we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel it certainly lives up to its 5 star rating and although we had no need, I am confident that if something is not to your liking then a quiet word at reception will put it right.

The location right on the sea front is ideal, the bedrooms are very spacious; there is a very good choice of food and something to suit everyone’s tastes and the spacious lounge and bar were very relaxing with comfortable seating. We did not use the pool bar but it appeared to be very popular and the pools and grounds were beautifully kept. It may not be the cheapest hotel in Agadir but my aging experience has proved to me that if you can afford to pay a little bit more then you get a lot more and this hotel is an excellent example of that maxim.
Although the staff may not appreciate this comment we found it was unnecessary to tip, the service we received from everyone was exemplary. But I do appreciate that tipping is very much a personal decision.
We walked along the promenade to the new marina and had a coffee watching the world go by. The Souk is well worth a visit which sells almost everything even if you are “Souked up” after having been to the Souks in Marrakech but it is closed on Mondays. Ask at reception before you take the 30 minute walk to it. We also hired a taxi for a couple of hours and went to the Kasbah and the Fishing Port followed by a visit to photograph a mosque (non-Muslims are not allowed to enter). We thought it was worth the 250 Dirhams and it gave us another insight into Morocco and Agadir and an area which many tourists will never see!!!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We travelled from the 10-17th of November and arrived at the hotel at 8pm and the pictures certainly do it justice, it is a magnificent hotel. Check in was very fast but I did send an email to the hotel reception two days before I travelled which was never responded to as it was honeymoon.

We upgraded to a pool/sea view room on the fourth floor which was spectacular at night and was great for watching the sun go down.

The food in the buffet restaurant was unbelievable good and after visiting the Krystal restaurant preferred the dining experience in the Buffet more so because I enjoyed getting four small courses followed by desert.
The breakfast was always excellent and we eat the Spanish omelette daily, the staff where always very helpful and we got the same waitress daily who we tipped her our first day, she knew our names and exactly what we drank and always had a smile. (I believe its pronounced Na de Ja, she swapped from the left side to right side of the buffet half way through our holiday and so did we).

I found it strange there was only one type of wine available, I am a fan of red wine and €5-7 bottle will do but I found the red very gritty after 2/3 glasses. I felt the white and rose where similar and was not a fan apricot/peachy taste, more choice please.

I spent allot of my time at the summing pool bar and on the sun beds (plenty of them). it’s really a pity that the swim up pool bar pool is not heated, the water is freezing but a welcome relief from the mid 20's temperatures, it’s a really bad design however we did meet other couples at this bar all the same. The only other fault with this bar is the music was broken this would have created a much better atmosphere at the bar and we had to look forward to the aqua aerobics for atmosphere at the pool bar. Some days we brought down our I POD with 2 UK couples (Karen and Jamie, Danny & Emma) which they supported. The bar staff Said, Radge who went on holiday Thursday (also thanks for getting Amy I Phone fixed), ALI,2 Mustaffa where great.

The main lobby bar closed at 12 and it would have been great to have late bar with music until 1 or 2. We just thought that the hotel did not cater for the 25-40 bracket. We did venture one night to the 4* RUI Tikida Beach which is a sister hotel 7 minute walk away, they do have a disco bar but it was heavy techno music all we wanted was a late bar that you could dance to chart music, which could have been easily entertained within the Palace.(Partition the main entertainment room after the band) I believe the hotel should have run a free shuttle bus as there where a number of pick pockets along the walk. This bar which is part of the hotel and was full of Prostitutes which put our party on edge and my wife did not feel safe in the womens toilet.
The hotel entertainment was cheesy but very funny and I really enjoyed and so did everyone I talked to from 25-75.

A trouser press would have been a welcome addition to the room. Krystal restaurant could have been warmer and busier; they were refusing walk ups and the restaurant was half empty, create an atmosphere. room staff where great but I did leave tips throughout the holiday and I found by tipping early the staff did fall over you and where always glad to have a conversation if it was in broken English but my French/Arabic could be better. The automatic lighting outside 4024 did not come on a number of occasions.

The place is fantastic and I would be defiantly come back, it there was more atmosphere at the pool and at night.

Eoghain

Room Tip: Pool View, 4th Floor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely two weeks at Tikida Palace , 4 -18 Oct . Our room had a view of the road , but Rafael the assistant manager asked us to see if another room on the opposite side was acceptable . Sea view , perfect , thankyou ! The food was very good , varied and hot . The decor is fabulous , lots of sumptuous sofas , and outside terrace areas with views of the ocean . The pool areas were very clean and lots of sunbeds available . No problems there at all . The animation team do work hard to get a largely over 50's to join in , good job guys !
I'm sure that after the first 12 months Mr Nadir and his team will wheedle out the unsuitable staff , indifferent bar men who don't step up to the Riu high standard .
Any issues we had were dealt with swiftly and professionally . If you want a quiet holiday , a good standard hotel , good food and drinks , lovely room , and only 3hrs 30 flight , then book it soon ! I'm sure the price will increase next year when any teething problems are resolved . Early October was perfect ! Practice your French on the staff , Redouan , Zakira , Tarik and most of the young restaurant staff are great , always a chat and banter , no tips expected but deserved . Go and check it out for yourselves .

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Tikida Agadir? Share your experiences!