“Spectacular setting, fabulous yoga, and happy helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort

You added Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Km 26 Route d'Essaouira Imi Ouddar, Agadir 44000, Morocco   |
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
London, United Kingdom
“Spectacular setting, fabulous yoga, and happy helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I would have given this 5 stars except the food is simply not good enough. The staff were great and very accommodating. I suggested as a spa retreat with great Yoga, many people were there for a healthy week or two and the food needed to reflect this. At my request they made salads which were not on the menu but were delicious. The natural locally grown ingredients are outstanding and there's no reason why anything but great food would be available. In terms of fish, it's all fresh and super tasty. The beach bar is fantastic and the only down side is the food there is only available during the weekend.

The YOGA was fantastic. The teacher was really good and all levels were catered to. We did Yoga twice a day and in between we hung out at the pool or at the beach. The days were always sunny and warm though never too hot. The evenings got cool fast.

A couple of other great things. The landscaping is beautiful. Compliments to whoever is in charge of this. The trip we took to Paradise Valley was extraordinary - like visiting a real oasis in the middle of a desert.

All in all I recommend this place and hope the management figures out how to navigate the divergent needs of wealthy Moroccans who come for different reasons than the Europeans who come for the Yoga and spa.

Room Tip: Take a room with a balcony looking out on the sea.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jaafar E, at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Franky69,

I wanted to take the time to respond back to your review as I was particularly delighted to see that you were very pleased and satisfied with our facilities and services and have, indeed, thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

As I write back on so many positive reviews, the entire team and I are always sincerely delighted to know that we manage to meet the expectations of our guests and are proud that our efforts and work were recognized and appreciated. I’m also talking here about the fact that our Chefs could meet your expectations when you have expressed your disappointment regarding the menu. We have indeed been trying to figure out during this past 12 months of opening how we can both satisfy our local and international clientele.

In fact, and due to the large number of guests also coming for « Healthy Holidays », we have decided to renew our menu as of July 1st with a great choice of healthy Salads and main courses that I’m sure will give a much wider selection for our International guests.

Should I ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact either me directly.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights having travelled by taxi from Marrakesh. It is located a little way from Taghazout. it is a beautifully maintained hotel set just by the beach. It is a modern resort style hotel and although an attempt has been made to make it look Moroccan vernacular it is a little Disney in style. I can 't fault our room which was a suite, very spacious, clean and with a view of the ocean. It was all very well kept and very clean. A minor irritation was the shower head which wouldn't stay in place when used. It has a lovely yoga suite by the sea with an American yoga instructor, a small fitness centre - a converted villa,a spa and a surf centre. You pay for each activity as you use it. The restaurants are also very good - I recommend the a la carte restaurants which are better than the buffet restaurant which inevitably tastes pre-cooked and a little tasteless. However, the hotel is somewhat isolated and there is nowhere to walk to or anywhere that is reasonable to eat within walking distance. Outside the hotel, there are a couple of dusty shops - good for bottled water and drinks and crisps and a couple of not particularly enticing cafes. After a few days you can begin to feel stuck in an institution. On the negative side is the somewhat offhand desultory manager of some of the staff including the person who I think was the reception manager. It was a disappointment after my experience elsewhere in Morocco. He didn't introduce himself and I think even when spoken too never really stopped looking at his computer. There seemed to be general reluctance to help you to leave the resort - their only response to any enquiry is to offer an expensive taxi service. There is a bus that runs to the surf village of Taghazout but the hotel does not provide any information about this It also doesn't offer a shuttle service. When we were leaving the hotel - there were several couples leaving and the hotel insisted in ordering separate taxis which were all people carriers even though we were all going to the same airport to catch the same flight. As a result we were left standing getting stressed wondering if our taxi would arrive. It would have been much simpler and cheaper to offer a shuttle or offered a shared transport. I went surfing several times from the beach fronting the hotel which was very convenient. The surf guys are relaxed but unless you are young, pretty and female, or enrolled onto a surf lesson or booked to go on a surf guiding trip, they really can't be bothered to talk to you. They offered no advice and on surf locations or anything else. On the flip side, they didn't sam to mind when or how frequently you took a board out to go for a surf. I have mixed feelings about this resort - it looks good superficially but could be so much better if the staff took a little bit more effort and if more of them could look more friendly and give the impression that the cared about the guests rather than just seeing them as spending machines. I think it was as simple as asking the staff to greet the guests and smile a little more.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is very spacious and quiet and I think they all face the sea.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jaafar E, at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear pappino,

I would first and foremost like to thank you for your comments received on 'Trip Advisor' and to apologize for the different points raised where our services have not been up to your expectations.

I’m quite surprised regarding your comments on the Surf and Reception Team as if you do read the other reviews posted on Trip Advisor, you will notice that we do receive many flattering comments regarding our team members who would always strive to exceed our guests' expectations.

I would like to convey my sincere apologies for all inconveniences that may have been caused to you during your stay with us.

I shall be happy to welcome you for another stay and I would request you to contact me whereby I will personally look after your reservation and ensure that you do spend a memorable stay with us as your experience did not reflect the level of service we strive to provide.

Jaafar El Mekkaoui,
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We booked Paradis Plage after deciding to extend our holiday in Morocco and travel out of Marrakech (we hired a car, this is not advisable for those of a nervous disposition!). Firstly the complex is further than you think from Agadir, hence it does feel quite isolated.... But if that's what you want then it's perfect!. It's also quite small, however the rooms are lovely! We had a premium suite and it was to be fair stunning. Staff were ok, poor English and some (especially cleaning staff) had a poor attitude. Simo at the surf hut was, as other people have said, a legend...!

Food was good, but not excellent, however breakfast was poor. It is also not to expensive, however this is Agadir.

Oh and if you love Internet then you will be disappointed...granted this is not the place you come to play on computers, but if, like me, you have your books/ videos/documents in the cloud... then the dial-up speed WiFi will disappoint!

Overall a good stay, however I can't help but feel slightly disappointed..

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get the Premium Suite
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear whatcaniput,

First and foremost, I wish to thank you for having chosen to stay in our Hotel during your recent visit to Morocco.

Paradis Plage is indeed located 27 Km away from Agadir and this is what gives it a unique location on the beachside, this information is also written on all our brochures and internet. I am happy to inform you that all of our Staff started to receive English courses in order to better communicate with our English speaking clientele. it is a responsibility we have taken since only French and Arabic are national languages. We are also on the process of upgrading our Internet debits, which has so far a fair connection that happen to be unfortunately lower once the Hotel’s goes on higher occupancy.

I do wish to welcome you again in the near future for another holiday and shall be most delighted to assist you personally in finalizing your holiday booking at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a Family vacation with our two kids. We found a very spacious suite, very cleen with kitchen. Very good Value for Price. Stuff is very friendly, Food excellent (we had Fish all day long). There weren't typicall all inclusive guests. Many families with young kids. Also locals from The City at The weekends.
The only negatic aspect is that the service takes sometimes too much time.
We are Quitte positive that we will come back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jaafar E, at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear doctorg666,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our Resort.

We are pleased to hear your stay was good and that your enjoyed your stay with your family.

Being able to create a place for families, rest and relaxation is a veiled treasure and we hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our genuine welcoming spirit and show you the efforts on the service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I recently went to Paradis Plage and had a great holiday. The staff are all lovely and attentive, and will always go the extra mile in looking after you. The food was great, I ate three courses at breakfast, lovely gorgeous lunches at the surf shack, fresh fish and salad for lunch, and dinner at the three restaurant choices were always lovely. The yoga team are fantastic and the yoga shala overlooks the beach and you can hear the waves rolling in when you are in savasana, the yoga dreams are made of! Both the yoga teachers were lovely, we had a french girl and an american guy, whose names i've shamefully forgotten but whose classes were taught with a lot of love, good intention, awareness and knowledge. The surf teachers are great, Simone and Abdellah really know their stuff and can deal with a range of clientele! I was nervous in the sea and it was the first time I attempted surfing and they were both great and i did, as they said I would, stand (albeit briefly) on my board! The rooms are gorgeous, we had everything we could need. I couldn't rate PP better. I would love to go back. It's a no brainer for me, four hour flight from London, great weather, people, staff and hotel. Thanks v much to all.

Dear Verity L,

We are so glad to hear your trip was so great!

Our location is a perfect mix of energy and relaxation.

Our Staff is dedicated to creating your home away from home. Delivering breakfast first thing in the morning with a smile is our pleasure.

Please let me know directly for your next stay with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

My friend and I spent a very active yet relaxing week at Paradis Plage for a surf and yoga holiday and it was exactly what we wanted. Accommodation and spa are lovely and the staff are super friendly and accommodating. The surf school team are great and cater for all levels with surf lessons on the beach out front or the option of surf guiding where you can visit different surf spots along the coast each day. Yoga was also great with a good choice of classes and a perfect studio setting right by the beach. The atmosphere of the resort is very relaxed and friendly, we met lots of other travelers at the resort and would share drinks and stories by the bonfire each evening - overall a very fun, chilled week with great people.

Dear Irene C,

Our talent always do everything they can to ensure our guests have an amazing time while visiting us!

You should come visit us this winter for the Surf season! We are getting ready for a zen season with a lot of external great SPA therapists, Yoga teachers and Surf coaches. Not to mention it's perfect weather for hanging out by the bonfire.

Please let me know directly if I can be of any further assistance for a future visit!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

2nd trip to Paradis Plage – even better than the first time. Really relaxing and calm it was perfect for a little get-away.
We stayed in the Bungalow which really gives you a sense of a little home of your own: spacious, view of the sea, private terrace…all you need!
The service is great and the staff is lovely. Plenty of activities are organised in the resort as well as being in a location which is great to visit with breath-taking scenery (Paradise Valley) .
The outdoor massage it truly exceptional – I strongly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jaafar E, Resort Manager at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Marie G,

It sounds like we took excellent care of you during your last stay!

Our staff is always glad to go above and beyond to make our guests feel at home.

Thank you very much for making us your destination for the second time! On your next visit, drop by the Souk also and enjoy a unique scenery of artisans... you will love it!

See you next time,