“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort

You added Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Km 26 Route d'Essaouira Imi Ouddar, Agadir 44000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Paris, France
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was my first trip to Agadir and I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about this newly opened Resort in Taghazout. I’ve been lucky enough to stay for 5 nights just before the massive arrivals of August and large Moroccan families coming for their summer vacations. My girlfriend and I were looking for some time off and relaxation and we were glad to have stayed at paradise beach. I have discovered the Yoga for the first time and I could not have expected a better teacher than Nico ! OMG this guy is just genious ! Morning buffet was good and decent with large choice of healthy food. The hotel was inaugurating a new restaurant by the beach called cheringito and it was our favorite place during all the stay, the chef was coming to our table at each meal and ensured everything was alright. There is indeed some improvement to make on the service but the waiters are so nice that we couldn’t complain at any time, and we have understood that it was the decision of the hotel to recruit locally in the surrounding villages… it’s a choice. We have already planned to come back to tagazoute with our friends and the manager of the place, Mr Jofar has done a great job everyday in making sure we were enjoying everything.

We’ll come back guys !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jaafar E, Resort Manager at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Simo B,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort!
We are so glad your room met your expectations and that you were able to enjoy our restaurants and the Yoga.

We would love to welcome you back in the future!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Paradise Plage resort looked great on photos and had good reviews so me and my boyfriend decided to spend our june holidays there but, as often happens, reality showed a different image. First I have to say that our room was beautiful, more like a small apartment than just a room and I give them a thumbs up for that. On our first night there they had a wedding in hotel (we were not previously informed of this) and had to listen to loud music all night even though we were exhausted having traveled 10 hours to get there. But we though a day at the beach would make us feel better. Unfortunately the beautiful beach we saw on pictures was very different than we imagined. Camilles and horses passing by every few minutes, cold water and smell of fish (village fisherman are using this part of the beach to take out the catch of the day) did not make our beach day very pleasent. Finally we had decided to give up on that and spend the day at the pool (we pretty much spent all days at the pool) but even that was not relaxing. Service is a disaster and even though staff is really friendly and polite, they are extremely unprofessional and could use some training and a good manager.. 3 days in a row we have ordered food at the pool and (after waiting for a long time) food came without knife and fork. I would understand if this had happened once but not 3 times. Regarding the food in restaurant, all I could say is- we ate out a lot. When we decided to book this hotel the most important part for me was that it offered different sport activities like joga, gym and surfing. Unfortunately we had not of it. Wind was never good enough for surfing and their 'gym' was one bench kept outside. I didn't even understand that was a gym until they told me. All in all this resort has a lot potential and could be much improved in the future. I don't like leaving bad reviews but for a price we paid and a 5* hotel our expectations were high, unfortunately they were not met

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

It is a splendid hotel structure but too many matters should definitely be improved. The food in both restaurants is below average and the service for nothing coordinated. Even the whole staff is extremely friendly it's looks like a competent manager is missing. It can even take an hour before you receive your dish, you see the waiters running the way from the kitchen to the restaurant terrace fife times with empty hands and finally after 20 minutes they bring your drinks. If you wish a glass of wine, forget it, you have to take a small bottle. The menu had no variation since five months when I came here the first time. The self service restaurant is also a big mess, continuously half of the plates of the buffet are empty, constantly you have to wait because plates or glasses have finished. In August on the breakfast buffet you had an invasion of flies and bees, I stopped taking bread or croissants, it was too disgusting, often you saw the flies even swimming in the honey. I generally had breakfast at 8am, the two cooks for pancakes and egg variations came 30 to 40 minutes later or maybe whenever they wish to come as they have, like all of the staff, no supervision.
In the evening you have NO place where to sit outside to have a drink after dinner, this is indeed unbelievable, you have the tables of the self service restaurant and a nice area behind the pool, unfortunately it's used for the second restaurant. That's it, so you notice that at 10 pm people have disappeared in their rooms as no alternatives are offered.
In the room you find a price list for beverages, unfortunately you will find none of the listed items in your room. Two times I needed the room service, the first time the cover I asked for after two hours still didn't arrive, I went to the reception to take it by my own, the second time I went to the reception for a laundry list after waiting 40 minutes. Half of the time the Internet speed was around 0,02 Mbps in download, so unusable. The whole day you have loud music at the swimming pool, I rather would prefer to have quietness or listen to the music on my smartphone.
All could EASILY change just with one person, an efficient and professional manager. As long this doesn't happen and the staff has no supervision and someone who is able to guide them in their job, customer satisfaction can't be obtained.
In the reception you find a nice sign of Tripadvisor Winner 2013, probably thinks in the past were better.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Martin_3003

Thank you very much for taking the time and write a review about your most recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to read about your disappointments and your most detailed observations. We are always thankful for constructive feedback as we learn from it in a quest to become better, and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss some of your comments further.

We do apologize also for our miss-communication regarding some of our services as we actually did not offer Room Service during your stay, our Restaurants Team unfortunately did not reach the level of service expected when you have asked for Room Service as they’ve tried to offer this service as an exception even though no training was given in advance. As for the beverage list in the room, it is an informative one should you need to have beverages delivered to you as written on it, it is a managerial decision to not have everything in the fridge prior to arrival. Our entire bakery selection is now being ordered from a famous Bakery franchise in order to maintain a consistency

I hope you will offer us a chance to gain back your confidence in our staff, service and product. Please contact me at j.elmekkaoui@paradisplage.com at your earliest convenience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The ambience of the hotel is stylish, clean and simply beautiful. Everything is very clean and cultivated. We stayed at one of the bungalows directly in front of the beach. The interior of the bungalow was perfect and nicely done. The bedroom window was going out to the beach. In one minute you are wallking at the beautifu beach. All the personnel is very kind and apropriately friendly. The food, especially dinner was excellent. Beautiful Yoga house and available Yoga lessons three times a day. It was our first time standing on a surfboard. The surf teacher was able to get us standing on the board within half an hour. Very competent and professional and preocuppied with our safety. Although there were no waves in front of the beach of the hotel at this time of season (Beginning of July) we were able to get the surf guiding and within 20 minutes we were at a spot with perfect waves for beginners. The beaches are beautiful and clean, the water turquoise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jaafar E, Resort Manager at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Paradis Plage, Surf Yoga & Spa Resort.

It was a real pleasure reading such positive feedback regarding our products and services.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review, I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with all teams and especially with our Moroccan Champion Surfers whom we are proud to have as teachers !

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Sunny Regards,

Amersfoort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Having read some of the other reviews about this resort on Tripadvisor, we were bracing ourselves for the bad service and limited choice of food in the restaurant. However, we could only conclude that every single person of the staff was very friendly and very helpful.
We rented a junior suite for 12 days and enjoyed every single day. The location of the resort is about 30 minutes outside of Agadir, but in a small village with some cafes, restaurants and shops if you have the need to go outside the resort for a drink or a bite. The resort is right on the beach with a stunning view of the sunset.
The room itself was large and well equipped with a very comfortable bed and a large balcony overlooking the swimming pool. The kitchenette contained a microwave and a fridge. You can ask at the reception for kitchen utensils and some pots if you want to cook your own meal. We never had the need to use the kitchen because the restaurant provided some excellent dishes. The menu offered both international, Moroccan, wellness and children's options. At the end of our holiday, we still had not tasted all options.
The resort caters mainly to surfers which was evident from the fact that it was almost empty when we visited, because there was no swell to speak of. Still, there were sufficient possibilities to pass the day. The yoga classes were of high quality. The staff at the spa was excellent and the prices were reasonable. In the evening, there would be camp fires or football matches on a a big screen. Getting a cab or renting a car was easy. The staff at the reception helped us on both accounts. Our encounters with the staff were pleasant every time. They would go out of their way to help us. Not once did we run into a problem with the staff. I can only compliment them on the way they made us feel at home.
The only negative point I can think of are the food and drink prices. Yes, this is a luxury resort, but if you go out of the main gate, you can find restaurants and cafes where you can enjoy the same view with a similar cup of tea for a tiny fraction of the price at the resort bar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jaafar E, Resort Manager at Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write such a detailed review about Paradis Plage, Surf Yoga & Spa Resort.

I have shared your feedback with our staff and they were very excited to hear it.

We are glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and as always hope to welcome you back in the very near future to ,as you have felt it, your new home away from home.

Marrakech
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful place for me and my children! It's kid friendly and great for adults. The rooms are fabulous and very modern. The views are to die for and we enjoyed everything about the beach! The camels, horses, and beautiful layout of rocks and plants. I would come back anytime and stay for as long as possible. Everything is clean and fresh. The staff was very friendly and catered to all our needs. Wonderful place!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure reading such positive feedback regarding Paradis Plage, Surf Yoga & Spa Resort.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review, I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with all teams.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

From the pick up and transfer at the airport to the moment we left every member of staff we encountered was helpful. We had a superb experience at the Paradise Plage. On arrival we were greeted with cold towels and orange juice which tasted great. We were upgraded on arrival and the staff let us know that there was a wedding happening in the hotel that night (Saturday) and apologised inadvance of any noise that evening - as it happened we didn't hear a thing; and during the evening it was wonderful to see a traditional wedding taking place and watch all the beautiful outfits.
The staff at the hotel are great, there is a certain element of the language barrier being a problem but 90% of the staff have very good Engligh, and at least try to make conversation. Most of the staff knew us by name by the end of the week.
The 'Surf House' is the best place to hang out. The oversized bean bags are amazing and we spent many an afternoon down there enjoying the breeze from the sea and the soft music from the bar.
We went Surfing 3 days and Symon took us out each time, we went to 2 different locations which allowed us to see other parts of Morocco. Croc Beach was especially good. Symon is a huge asset to the hotel. His English is great and he is very talkative. The hotel are lucky to have him.
Rashid who also works at the the Surf House as a bar man is amazing - he gave us lots of information and advice about what to see and do. He is so enthusiastic and his service was excellent.
The whole hotel is spotless, I have never experienced cleanliness like it. The housekeeping staff clean everywhere, and wipe down everything outside every day.
The breakfast buffet is good, we had fresh omelettes every morning.
The main point I would make is that they do not promote the Moroccon food enough, if you want to eat the Moroccon food for dinner, such as a Tagine you have to order this 3 hours in advance. We didn't realise this the first night. Make a point of ordering it at breakfast and set a time, it is worth it. We had the chicken 3 times and the fish once - all amazing!
We found the hotel relaxed and friendly. We will be back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradis Plage Surf Yoga & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!