“What a wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 80 hotels in Agadir
Berkshire England
“What a wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The staff were so welcoming, the hotel is just magnificent - although quite dark! The bedrooms take your breath away. Food here is very good, an excellent breakfast. I like the way that water and soft drinks are in the refrigerator and are complementary.
The bar is friendly, a wonderful little lady called Fatima was working whilst I had a few drinks with friends.
The concierge kindly connected my mobile to WiFi when I was struggling with technology.
Sofitel sits on it's own private beach, it has a heated pool and an incredible Spa.
this is the perfect hotel to stay at if you want real luxury and friendly helpful service. Management you are very good you lead by example!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Daniel K, Manager at Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I sincerely thank you very much for your feedback.
It is always a great pleasure for us to pamper all of our guests, so I am glad to hear that you had a Magnifique experience at Sofitel Agadir Thalassa sea & spa.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Au revoir,
Raphael

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very pleasant stay extremely courteous staff needing some guidance at restaurants, very nice pool and facilities.the only minus is the darkness of the corridors, black is the colour of the hotel! Highly recommend Sofitel Thalassa and Spa

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time at Sofitel Agadir Thalassa sea & spa.
We all look forward to your next stay.
Au revoir,
Raphael

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

It is a paradisiac place, i will definitely go there again. One of the best hotels i ever stayed in my life!

The wifi in the room was great.

The personnel is fabulous and very professional.

The hotel is overall In excellent condition and very clean!

The restaurant is a bit dark and rather expensive, although i have to admit of high quality!

Room Tip: Ask if possible a room from which you can hear the ocean!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Daniel K, Manager at Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Antonia,

It is an extreme delight to read such praise of our hotel and services following your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with our Ambassadors who continue to have the guest experience at the core of our everyday activities.

It was pleasure to have hosted you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Marrakech, Morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Needing to escape the hustle & bustle of Marrakech, we normally go to the Sofitel in essaoura, which we love.

My first experience with this Sofitel done by the same architect, was already not a very pleasant one; around 3 weeks ago I was meeting there for a business lunch; after waiting for about 20 minutes at a dirty table, and asked several waiters for a menu and taking our drink order, it took another 20 minutes until a bottle of water appeared and 2 different glasses. We finally gave up on trying to get a food order across and left. (After waiting for another 15 minutes for the bill) The good thing was, all guests 'bonded' because of the similar experience.

As these things happen, we decided to give it another try and go there for the weekend.

We arrived around 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon and after notifying the reception and giving them our passports, were kindly asked to take a seat. 20 minutes later without seeing anyone, my partner went to the reception and asked what was going on. One of the approximate 6 receptionists assured us, they were with us shortly, as 'they were looking for our booking'

After another 10 minutes I went up and asked again. They were still not able to find the booking and if I could email them the confirmation of booking.com (??)and they would sort things out.

We decided to go and have lunch; a déjà vu: 15 minutes again without seeing a waiter, I went inside to pick up a menu. Again no waiter in sight to take our order so asked a pool boy, after finally our order was taken.

A friendly lady of the reception arrived, to ask what kind of room we had booked, which rate etc etc. showed her again my booking.com confirmation and of she went, 'taking care of things'

Let's not go into the quality of the food, what is there to mess up about a Caesar salad, well they can.

After needing to walk in again to ask for a second round of drinks, we gave up and decided after being there for 1 1/2 hours, we would not let it ruin our weekend. Collected our stuff and left.

Beautiful surroundings & design but service.... Plenty of staff but no structure nor content. Such a shame

Stayed April 2013
Thank you for posting your review here and giving us your thoughts and feedback on the service and facilities at the hotel.

We are truly concerned by your comments with regards to your experience both at check in and in the restaurants, and apologise for not having met your expectations on this occasion.

Being new to the property myself, I hope that you will consider giving us the opportunity to prove ourselves as better hosts in the near future.

Thank you once agian for your feedback,

Crowborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I went to stay at the Thalassa Spa for a week from the 25th of March 2013. The arrival area was impressive and you were immediately swept into the cool reception area and served with Moroccan tea, pastries and bottles of water with hot towels to, perfect after a long journey from Gatwick. There was an air of relaxed elegance and a definite feeling of a luxurey 5* hotel. Our room was beautiful with a large very comfortable bed, lovely modern bathroom facilities, great view of the swimming pool and sea, comfortable balcony area with day bed/sofa to lounge on and more or less everything you would need in a room for a comfy stay. The only problem was trying to get out of bed in the morning as the curtains were very effective at keeping the light out. The pool area was spotless as were any of the communal areas I witnessed at the hotel, the staff were polite and very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. Around the pool we were very spoilt with being greeted in the morning and escorted to a lovely sunbed with fresh towels laid out for us and canopies to keep us from the sun if we needed. We were then asked what else we needed in the way of refreshments etc. even a table would be brought over to have your food on so you didn't need to move a muscle if you didnt want to. We liked getting a taxi into the Marina area at night and found a nice restaurant called the madrague which did great seafood and also a variety of other things like burgers, steak, chicken and pastas etc. We also ate at the Market in the hotel which was very nice buffet style and friendly chefs to allow you have whatever you wanted. I thought I was in paradise every morning when I woke up in a dark room, pulled back the curtains to see an immaculate garden and pool area, beautiful blue sky, crashing waves and soft breeze with birdsong in the distance. It was the epitomy of what I would describe as the perfect relaxing holiday with pure luxury as well. How often can you say that? I have to mention Yassim at the pool for his amazing knowledge about almost every subject and his unfailing courtesy every moment of our holiday. Also Marouane who worked at the Atlantique restaurant and was charming and funny and always had something interesting to talk about. We were made to feel special by everybody there which is very rare these days in such a huge travel industry. I will definitely return there again as I felt like it was a little haven, a gem in the Atlantic, with the warmth of the Moroccan people who we have found to be so welcoming to us in their country.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 107 on the first floor a superior room with pool and ocean view. It was a beautif...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about Sofitel Agadir Thalassa sea & spa on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, especially in such detail.
Your comments with regards to the service and facilities at the hotel are greatly appreciated and I can assure you that they have been shared with the team of Ambassadors here.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this resort for 9 days with my partner. The drive/entrance-way to the hotel was beautiful, especially in the early evening. Our room was gorgeous - huge comfortable bed, good sized shower with fun coloured lights. The decor of the room was elegant with a good hint of Moroccan charm.

The beach was a bit dirty whilst we were there but we were told that this is because there was lots of rain around our stay. However, the section of the beach that was for the resort was spotless! This was a big plus point for us.

The outdoor pools were spotless. The staff were very attentive, especially then reception staff who were always on hand to give us recommendations for dinner as well as helping us to play various trips ( day trip to Marrakech and camel ride - both of which I would highly recommend).

The restaurants were expensive but the food was nice. We preferred the buffet style area as opposed to the dining room as the food was actually better and it felt less pretentious.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel - it was beautiful.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review here about your recent experience at the Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa.

I was very pleased to read from your feedback that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the service provided by our Ambassadors.

On behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We spent a week at the Sofitel mid-March and it was *fantastic*.

Best parts:
- our room : we had a junior suite overlooking the pool with direct views to the sea. Massive balcony with a day bed, enormous room, great shower, comfiest bed I've slept in for a long time
- weather : sunny, warm delicious sea breeze. Need I say more when the UK is in the grip of some kind of mini ice age
- staff : exceptionally efficient and professional; every request was met in full and usually with a follow-up call to make sure we were satisfied
- pool area : extremely luxurious with cabana beds and great service on towels and refreshments

The hotel itself is new and very stylish. Everything is immaculately clean and well maintained. The clientele is mainly French and quite chic/elegant. People dress nicely for all meals including breakfast.
The gym and spa were wonderful, great facilities.

Bits I was not so keen on:
- there were quite a few families with little babies and children who screamed and cried around the pool. It's not an adults-only hotel, but maybe it should be... it doesn't feel like a family vibe being so stylish and quite minimalistic. I am sure that families are welcomed...but if I were the management I would try to create a quiet zone somewhere in the pool or grounds so your sunbathing/relaxing is not interrupted by screaming children
- the beach is not pretty. The sand is dark and there is some construction happening there. Also the sea is rough & choppy, being the Atlantic. If you are after a beach holiday, this is not the one for you
- food & drink is shockingly expensive. We were on half board so had breakfast & dinner included every day. For both meals there was plenty of choice, everything was of top quality and freshly prepared. However lunch by the pool cost in excess of €40 for the two of us every day, for just a salad and some fries and a soft drink. A glass of house wine was €7, a glass of champagne €30. We brought our own wine and had a couple of glasses in the room every evening which no one seemed to mind. We also brought our desserts up every evening to have on the balcony or while watching a movie and no one complained about that either.

Couple of hints - if you are flying from the UK, try to go BA as the flight times are good and there is a lovely lounge at Agadir airport. Bring plenty of warm clothes as evening and morning temperatures are chilly. The sun is extremely strong from 11 - 4, so pack high factors.

Would I go back? 100% YES, no hesitation. A great holiday and we have been to many 5* resorts.

Room Tip: We had room 111 which was spacious with excellent views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback and taking the time to post it.
It was a pleasure to read about everything you loved about your stay, as well as your suggestions for improvement. Your comments have been shared and allow me to assure you that we appreciate all the feedback we can get so that we can continue to strive for perfection with regards to the global guest experience at our hotel.

Again, thank you for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.

Best regards,

Director of Operations

Been to Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa? Share your experiences!