We spent a week at the Sofitel mid-March and it was *fantastic*.
- our room : we had a junior suite overlooking the pool with direct views to the sea. Massive balcony with a day bed, enormous room, great shower, comfiest bed I've slept in for a long time
- weather : sunny, warm delicious sea breeze. Need I say more when the UK is in the grip of some kind of mini ice age
- staff : exceptionally efficient and professional; every request was met in full and usually with a follow-up call to make sure we were satisfied
- pool area : extremely luxurious with cabana beds and great service on towels and refreshments
The hotel itself is new and very stylish. Everything is immaculately clean and well maintained. The clientele is mainly French and quite chic/elegant. People dress nicely for all meals including breakfast.
The gym and spa were wonderful, great facilities.
Bits I was not so keen on:
- there were quite a few families with little babies and children who screamed and cried around the pool. It's not an adults-only hotel, but maybe it should be... it doesn't feel like a family vibe being so stylish and quite minimalistic. I am sure that families are welcomed...but if I were the management I would try to create a quiet zone somewhere in the pool or grounds so your sunbathing/relaxing is not interrupted by screaming children
- the beach is not pretty. The sand is dark and there is some construction happening there. Also the sea is rough & choppy, being the Atlantic. If you are after a beach holiday, this is not the one for you
- food & drink is shockingly expensive. We were on half board so had breakfast & dinner included every day. For both meals there was plenty of choice, everything was of top quality and freshly prepared. However lunch by the pool cost in excess of €40 for the two of us every day, for just a salad and some fries and a soft drink. A glass of house wine was €7, a glass of champagne €30. We brought our own wine and had a couple of glasses in the room every evening which no one seemed to mind. We also brought our desserts up every evening to have on the balcony or while watching a movie and no one complained about that either.
Couple of hints - if you are flying from the UK, try to go BA as the flight times are good and there is a lovely lounge at Agadir airport. Bring plenty of warm clothes as evening and morning temperatures are chilly. The sun is extremely strong from 11 - 4, so pack high factors.
Would I go back? 100% YES, no hesitation. A great holiday and we have been to many 5* resorts.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, ACCOR and Hotels.com so you can book your Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.