“Beyond Expectations!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 80 hotels in Agadir
Toronto, Canada
“Beyond Expectations!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were a family party of 12 (8 adults & four 20 something). 4 of us were vegetarians(but not vegans). My party of 4 traveled from Toronto,Canada while the others from London,UK. We booked for Sofitel not knowing what to expect. Our travel dates were Jun12-Jun19 & just returned. Due to rooms being filled up at "OLD" Sofitel, we were invited graciously to stay at the "NEW" Sofitel(i.e TS & S). The TS & S, we were told just opened in Mar.2012. From the time we all checked in to the day of departure, we were treated with excellent service and attention. The rooms were clean & laid out with "details" in mind. Food was exceptional & plentiful for Vegetarians. Boarders at TS & S also had full access to Al a Carte dinners at the "OLD" sofitel but with very limited vegetarian dishes on the menus. Unlike the Caribbean All Inclusive resorts, TS & S offered "Half Board" (i.e includes full breakfasts and dinners ) The Pool and hotel grounds were well manned with staffs and very helpful. French & Arabic are primary language but staffs knew enough English to get by. Management staffs were always on premises. Kudos to Eduardo,Ceril, Najat & Hasnaa. Hope the resort can maintain their # 2 ranking status as they have just recently opened.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Madame, Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa.

It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us, and we are delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your stay at our Resort.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time of writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor.

We hope to welcome you back shortly.

Kindest regards,

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I have never rated anything with all 5... Till now. It was my first sofitel and I have been really impressed. The service is excellent and managers will listen to you for any issue. The hotel is beautifully designed. The sea-water warmed pool was amazing. I might not be so sure about the spa services, which for there is competition in the city. But the free service pool and hamam are great. You will also like the gym if you work out.
My deluxe room was facing a dune. It eas perfect. I have never had such a comfotable bed! The room facilities are 100% good. In a few words, rooms are spacious, designed, comfortable - I felt like a prince.
My companion got a prestige suite... OMG! It was royal, really.
Also, as a guest there, we could use restaurants, pools, private beach and the club of the other "old" sofitel - the Royal Bay Sofitel. Just a path separates between them, but the rooms quality (I visited the rooms there by curiosity) makes the Sofitel Thalassa Sea and Spa look like a six-star establishement.
At the condition they will keep in mind that customer service is a key parameter in the hospitality industry, remain humble and train well their staff, these guys could reach the world top-10.
As in their slogan, they made my life magnifique for my first time in that city.
I give a 5/5. Well done Guys, keep improving! And merci for all.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa.

I will share your comments with our team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, on behalf on the entire team I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed in the new 'spa' hotel, in June '12.
The rooms are of an ultra modern design, with excellent quality beds and furnishings, but some practicalities need ironing out - the movement sensor light in the wardrobe was really annoying after a few days, and there's not much surface area to put anything down. The designer shower was very nice, but leaked constantly. I still give this hotel an excellent, as the staff are as good as I've come across in recent years.
The pool area staff in particular deserve a mention - very professional.
Food and drink are of a very good quality, if a little expensive. If you're unhappy with the prices, walk down the beach (promenade walk) for about 10 minutes, where you'll find the local bars and restaurants are well worth a visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madame, Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were pleased with the facilities available at the hotel as well as with the service of our Ambassadors.

We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to the room experience.
Please be assured that your valuable comments are positively taken on board and will be shared with the concerned managers and the team for immediate corrective action.

Thank you once again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Agadir.

Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Four of us have just returned from a week's stay in this lovely hotel..

Check In was very slow- although we were given Moroccan tea whilst we waited. The slow start was immediately forgotten, however, when we were shown to our rooms.

The hotel is very new, so everything is in tip top condition, and is immaculately clean.

We had two double rooms (hard to photograph) each with a private balcony. The beds were the most comfortable I think I have ever slept in, with goose down mattress toppers, lovely duvets and a choice of pillows. Fluffy robes and slippers provided!

Soft drinks in the minibar were free of charge, and a little treat (patisserie or fruit) was delivered daily.

The bathroom (shower only, no bath) had a large rain shower (with a choice of funky lights, depending on your mood) or a smaller ordinary shower so you could choose. The only downside was a slight design fault which meant the shower leaked..the hotel are well aware of this, and brought extra mats, and hopefully it will be sorted soon.

The pool area was gorgeous, with individual curtained daybeds or sunbeds. The pool was large and warm. Ocassionally, when it was busy, it would be hard to find a bed, but the staff were very good in making sure they were shared around fairly. You can always use the hotel facilities next door at the Sofitel Royal Bay Resort if you fancy a change of scenery.

The pool was warm, and the beach was also very nice (sea was cold!)

Food was lovely- we only really ate lunch (on some squashy sofas under umbrellas)..but it was very good quality. Main courses around £10- Beer approx £4-5, and a glass of wine around £4.50

The Indoor pool, and spa is definitely worth a mention-several indoor pools of swirling warm water (Thalssotherapy) which was just bliss.there are exercise machines in there too if you really fancy expending some energy..we had two spa treatments- a manicure and a facial - both around £28-£30 each- both very good.

Didn't use the gym, but it was very well equipped.

The staff were absolutely outstanding throughout the hotel- all spoke English or French, and could not do enough for you-Adil, (who is the lifeguard) was just a joy- my friend even had her sunglasses cleaned for her- amazing attention to detail!

There is not much in the immediate vicinity of the hotel- it's a 20 minute walk along the seafront from other bars and restaurants, and at least 45 minutes walk to the marina. In all honesty, it's quicker to get a taxi..the orange Peugeots cost 20 dirham (£1.50) to pretty much anywhere during the day (maybe a bit more for the Marina) and 30 dirham per night. They can only take 3 people, and if you are a couple, don't be surprised if someone else gets in your taxi with you- apparently it's normal?!

Breakfast at the Marina costs around £2.50 if you fancy a change of scenery.

Agadir is not a particularly pretty place (it was destroyed in the 1960s earthquake), but what it lacks in traditional architecture, it absolutely makes up for it in its welcome, warmth and customer service- all of which were great, wherever you went.

We came home feeling completely pampered and spoilt-one of the best places we have ever stayed. Apart from the shower, we couldn't fault it. Go there and try it for yourself!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Madame, Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your detailed review on Trip advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at the new Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa, and particularly liked the service provided by our Ambassadors.

Whilst you found our rooms to be spacious, we are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the shower experience.
You will be happy to hear that the design default has now been reviewed and no more leakages are noticed.

Thank you for staying with us and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The only negative I can identify with this hotel was that the lift music was annoyingly repetitive.
That is it.

You arrive to a luxurious reception of opulent sofas and cushions, tranquil water features, marble floors and warm flannels to sooth your travelled hands. Whilst you recline on the sofas drinking traditional Moroccan tea (sweet honey and sugar) you are checked in by professional, friendly staff.
Your bags are taken to your room - all of which are exquisite done to the last tiny detail, the bathroom tap resumable a mini-waterfall! The walk in marble showers are only topped the free mini-bar which is refilled any time at your request!

The Staff are second to non. Nothing is too much for them. Cleaners, waiters, managers and security are constantly at your beckon call and stop to acknowledge you every time you pass them.
The food - we ate at The Market (the buffet) for our evening meals which overlooked the beautiful pool area and onto the beach, allowing us to witness the breathtaking moroccan sunset every evening before we ate illuminated by the stunning pool lighting.
Back to the food, it had everything from bread and cheese, traditional moroccan beef couscous and vegetables, a salad/starter bar with over 10 different options of seafood, meat and fruit salads; the stur-fries, made by your choice of ingredients, is delivered to your table so you do not have to wait.
You must leave space for desert, french in style and construction the deserts are something else, and you can have as many as your want!

After dinner we headed to the the bar which is luxurious, comfortable and reminds me something from an Arabian palace! The drinks are also strong!

The only activity my mother and I did outside the hotel was horse riding you must GO HORSE RIDING - 'Ranch Amodou Cheval' (www.amodoucheval.com) - I galloped along the beach, rode up into the mountains - I fulfilled a childhood dream! It was 33Euros for 2.5hours and they supplied transport to and from the hotel to the stables which were about 20min into the mountain - I will never forget it.

Back to the Sofitel where had a massage on my return! ... The pool is beautifully designed and while you are around it the pool staff wait on your every need. Fetching you a drink or a meal, moving your umbrella, reserving you a sun lounger or fantastic Moroccan sun bed with cushions and flowing white curtains.
The beach is about 30seconds from the pool but we never had the need to go there as the pool was fantastic and we were very preoccupied with the Spa.

The Spa, I have been lucky enough to visit a number of british spas but the Sofitel Spa beats them all. Maybe it's the whole ambiance of he moroccan fun, tranquil setting, the opulent smell of oils that oozes throughout the hotel, but this spa and the skill of its masseurs is one of the nest I have ever experienced.
I would recommend the Facials and having a scrub at the beginning of your holiday - so you don't have to experience the pain of a sunburnt scrub, and your skin is then ready to tan!
Manicures and Pedicures - this maybe the most relaxing 45 min of your holiday as you recline on your sun bed in a private quarter of the spa over look the sea. Also, the Silhouette massage actually works!
Forget to mention the gym! It rivals any professional chain gym! Weights, cardio machines (bikes, cross-trainers, treadmill, stepper...) , friendly staff who are not intrusive but helpful - water and towels are supplied!

I'm sure I've forgotten at lot but I was truly overcome by this hotel. You are immediately relaxed - I genuinely felt like I hadn't got a care in the world! The free WIFI meant I was in touch with the world when I needed to be without sending my phone bill to extortionate levels!
If you want to go into Agidir it's a 10 min walk or 2min taxi ride (which should cost about 20DH/£2!) Food there is cheaper but not as safe - always have meat weldone!

I stayed 5days with my mother as an end of university exams 'weldone' (I could have done 2 weeks, and I am not usually one for just lying by a pool or using a spa) but I am ready to book my return!

btw,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa and particularly liked our Spa facilities.

Thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to the music in the elevators.
Please be assured that we will take an immediate corrective action.

Thank you for staying with us and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We recently stayed two nights at the Thalassa Sea & Spa Sofitel in Agadir. We arrived without prior booking and were very well received by the charming staff who showed us several rooms while explaining to us the architectural concepts of the hotel.

The hotel is brand new and is definitely splendid. You feel like you're in a spa everywhere. The music, the odor, the decor create an atmosphere of tranquility and relaxation. The rooms are very well designed, as well as the dining areas and the pool area. I really loved the swimming pool! Because the hotel is new, the palm trees are still a bit small, but in a short amount of time they will add more charm to the place.

Service was excellent, I have to say that sometimes for me it was a bit too much, I appreciate that people worry about who I have slept, but having to repeat to several waiters that I indeed had an excellent sleep seemed a lot. I get that the first concern of the staff is that we have the best stay possible, but I would have appreciate a service a tiny bit less noticeable. I've noticed once or twice french staff asking around if the moroccan staff was doing a good job, the answer is yes, they were. I don't think this is necessary in this kind of hotel.

Sofitel Thalassa Sea & Spa is an excellent place for a splurge. It is without a doubt one of the best place in Agadir.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!