“Comfortable apartment close to the beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Beach Appart-Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Golden Beach Appart-Hotel to your Saves list
Golden Beach Appart-Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lot. No 3 Secteur C | Lot. No 3 Secteur C, Zone Touristique Founty Sonaba, Agadir 80000, Morocco   |
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Agadir
Zurich, Switzerland
“Comfortable apartment close to the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Our apartment was really nice and big enough for three people, we also had a terrace were we could eat in every moment of the day. In the other hand I was a bit disappointed about furniture in the kitchen.
There is a small market were tou can buy everything you need for aj honest price.
The swimming pool is clean and nice.
You have to pay the safe extra.
We never tryed the restaurant.
Is 20/30 min far by wolk to the city center, but that's isn't an huge problem.
Overall it's a lovely place where you can spend a pleasant holiday without spend too much.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

the hotel was really nice, has a shop next to it and restaurant... the shop has friendly staff and restaurant staff are cons they try to charge extra.... never fall for people from the beach that sweet talk you into cheap activities but really they gt commission, always book it with the hotel although we was never told by the hotel staff, we ended up getting ripped off by outside people.. then found out hotel do better prices. the hotel is kind and not strict they gave us our own privacy down side is cant bring girls back :(
overall nice hotel, cons if you want a good 1 week holiday prepare to spend at least £200 a day. wizii -1-

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

When we first got to the Hotel the receptionist did not give much information about the hotel. On that evening we went for a swim and then the hotel manager told us that the pool was closed..which we had no idea of because we was not told. Also, when we exchanged money from pounds to dirhams sometimes they would not give the exact amount. Nearly all the staff wanted a tip which I found very disrespectful because I believe tip is given out of respect.

Furthermore. The resturant service was really poor I had to wait approximately 60 minutes to recieve my food, this was not just once but several times. The waiter was very cheeky he gave me my change and then self claimed a tip which was utterly rude.

Our rooms were ok but not the best we had so many ants all over the room so hygien wise it was a 0 unfortunatly. Plus we booked a room for 3 and there were only 2 beds?

Finally, it was so bad that the guy who was responsible for the swimming pool also tried selling us "Hash" which is a drug I think. Overall, I think I paid far too much for the hotel and service, because of this hotel it ruined my first holiday with my friends(21st Bday) and I don't think I will ever return to Morocco again. Thank you for the worst holiday ever.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was ok not the best compare to other hotels. Swimming pool was really cold even though it was really hot weather. The hotels resturant service was really bad had to wait over 45mins to get my breakfast. The staff at the resturant tried to add a bit extra on the bill for himself which I thought was very rude. When I checked in the hotel they did not mention that they did activities which we could book with them which lead me to book with other people which I felt unconfortable with.
Overall if I would come back to agadir I would defo not stay stay at the hotel due to lack of service.

• Stayed June 2013
Peterlee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Nice apartment / hotel - nothing special but very clean, friendly staff and perfectly pleasant. Rooms big and open plan with mini kitchens that are adequate for the occassional meal and for breakfasts. A very clever room design ensures space and privacy. Rooms have balconies and sitting areas. Stayed here one week and really pleased I chose this against a traditional hotel.
Pool area very nice with plenty of sunbeds and a nice large clean pool, suitable for swimming in and also cooling off. Distance to beach approx 400m, distance to centre of resort approx 1500m.
Negatives- no bar in hotel and no where local to buy beer or food. (there is a supermarket (Marjon) but about 2000m and would need a taxi ) small shop in hotel but only suitable for bread / milk etc. A small bar or vending machine in the pool area would have massively improved the hotel. I feel the hotel is really missing a trick here.
Other negative - I booked a massage / hammam through the hotel (as recommended- Musee spa) it was excellent hammam / massage for a couple at 350dh each. I tried to book the same a few days later as i enjoyed it so much. When I was picked up I was taken to a competitor spa and not the one as requested and which I thought I had booked. I clearly stated where I wanted to go and although English was not the receptionists first language I believed he understood. A different receptionist told me he probably received a commission for sending me to the second spa - not necessarily the hotels fault but actions like this need to be stopped and I would mark this hotel down one star for this action.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here for 3 weeks and cannot thank the staff enough they were all so friendly towards us and anything we wanted they delivered nothing was to much trouble . This was going to be our last visit to agadir but after staying here we will be back again to stay at golden beach we had room 210 which was perfect balcony with sun all day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We have enjoyed the good prizes and the nice, personalized service at Golden Beach Appartment Hotel for many years, this year 2013 even for a months stay. Very friendly staff, clean rooms - and a good view of the Agadir beach. A peak experience: to follow the magnificent sunset from the veranda! Minus: the quality of the restaurant. But even there very serviceminded personell.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Beach Appart-Hotel? Share your experiences!