“Algiera Trade Mission” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Alger

You added Hilton Alger to your Saves list
Hilton Alger
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pins Maritimes | El Mohammadia, Algiers DZ 16000, Algeria   |
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Algiers
Ogden, Utah
“Algiera Trade Mission”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The staff there were excellent, enoyed the stay...We had great dinners and the breakfast buffet was quite varied. Rooms were nice, but the air conditioning could have been better.....I woul definitely return and this time I would like it better if the pool had been filled....

Room Tip: Face the ocean, nice breeze....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am happy you enjoyed your stay.
and i informe you that your comments will be shared with our staff.

Please do not hesitate to contact as for your next stay.

Amirouche
Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our company uses this hotel so the booking was made by my employer.

Check-in was easy with friendly and pleasant staff. I was provided with a 'Prestige' room which was nicely appointed, with free WiFi, fresh fruit and a mini bar.

The lobby bar area is pleasant with lots of light and views of the beach and ocean. The bar staff were polite and efficient.

The hotel is showing its age. Furnishings and trim are tired looking although I can't complain about them not being comfortable. The room was quiet and the black-out curtains were very effective at keeping out the bright sunlight.

Overall, a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, however, rooms facing the ocean are away from the street.
CALVAIRE, Gérant at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Your report will be shared with my team and help us to improve our service.

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Alger and I do hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you on the occasion of your next trip to Algeria.

Mr M A OULDALI
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very bad tobacco smell in the room and the corridor
Very bad smell in the bathroom
Noisy in the moorning at 5.30AM...no window isolation
Buffet diner is out of price, no swimming pool.
Only breakfast is OK

amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Algiers for your stay.
Your feed back is very valuable. Your comments have been shared with our team members.

Best Regards

Travelers are raving about these Algiers hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Hilton is a 'high end' hotel. It was nice enough, but the internet connectivity was poor and the buffet facilities had limited choice. Smoking rooms were available, but I had to ask for an ashtray (in a smoking room?). Nice location and good view over the bay. The person next door seemed to be deaf (turned the TV up louder than the TV in my room!).

Room Tip: Overlooking the sea is probably best, but rooms with connecting doors probably not a good idea (limi...
amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Mr Anderson,

Thak you for choosing Hilton Alger and for taking time to share your experience. We are pleased to inform you that we are working on the installation of wifi which should be available in all our room next april.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Safe and enough for business purposes, taking into account the needs of a business trip.
Location is convenient, close to the airport and the main highway. Very busy lobby, as the hotel had many big events happening these days.
Rooms just fine, mine had a nice sea view. No WiFi available in the rooms, only in the lobby.
Friendly and fast check-in and out.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amine K, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Algiers for your stay.
Just to let you know that we are working on the installation of wifi which should be available in all our room next april.
Otherwise our pleasure is to make a pleasant stay of yours.

Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I would not consider it as even a 3 stars hotel!! Below my expectations, I had to wait for 4 hours to be checked in, I did at it finally at 4pm! Had stomach issue because of the food being so oily! And hotel had no herbal or decaf tea to order, there is no such thing as low fat milk, cheese, whole wheat bread on the menu

Room Tip: Old furniture, food variety is very limited I didn't find basic stuff, I had issue with my stoma...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
amirouche a, Manager at Hilton Alger, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thak you for choosing Hilton Alger and for taking time to share your experience. i informe you that your comments will be shared with our staff to improve the quality of service

Al Khor, Qatar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Where to start after such a frustrating experience?? Unfortunately, I HAD TO stay in this hotel for some days because of my job recently, and I must say it was the worst Hilton I have ever stayed in my life (and I have stayed in far too many!). Even though I am not a big fan of this brand, I am a Gold member myself, and I did not feel treated as one at all... At check in I let the staff know that I was a Gold member and the only thing they did was to take my Hilton Honours Number... I had to remind them about my benefits (breakfast, Internet, access to lounge, etc), and as such it was the first time I was not offered a room upgrade.
When it comes to the room, they gave me a smoking room without even asking my preference (I loath smoking rooms since I am not a smoker myself). The room was overall looking old, freezing cold, the A/C had only cold air and was not working well, the sheets smelt like cigarette. The most disgusting thing was to find hair from another person in the robe!! I guess it means that they do not care about cleaning the room and changing the linen from one stay to the next!! The Internet in the room was really slow and only with cable, no wireless available at all, only in the lobby. It was very hard to sleep and get a good rest since it was very noisy!!
Room Service: When the food got to my room it was already cold. It was not very good and it was expensive.
Breakfast: it is a buffet but very bad, the only good thing were the tangarines! The rest was of very poor quality. The cutlery was dirty! The flower arrangements on the table were old, they do not replace them for fresh flowers, it is better not to put anything at all! They start taking things away at 10.00 without even approaching the guests at the table to explain they are about to close the buffet.
Service: overall bad, staff not attentive, some of them lazy and most of them do not speak English. You can tell they are not properly trained and you feel they do not care (something very frequent in this kind of places!)
Location: the only good thing is that it is close to the airport. Rather than that, there is nothing else but a mall around 5-min walk from the hotel. If you go there, make sure you carry some local cash because none of the two ATMs they have work, and in the shops they do not accept foreign credit/debit cards, only local ones or cash.

Overall, the hotel is old, not cosy at all and not exactly very clean. The staff is quite unprofessional. Shame on this Hilton! I would not stay there if I had another option.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Alger? Share your experiences!