“Fine place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Algiers
Cairo
“Fine place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Sofitel is Accor's high-end and you have to pay for it, but you also see the difference, as staff is more attentive. The brochure says it is the best bakery in town and that is certainly true. Great French baguettes and other croissants. Fine fish in restaurant. The location is somewhat a compromise between airport and town and with nice views, though no good access to sea side bc. of the container harbour, but lovely botinical garden next door (though limited opening hours). The roof top pool is spacious and very nice. If you are fine with the price and do not need walking distance to city centre, you will like it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Luc L, Directeur général at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comments further to your stay at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, it is a pleasure to receive your compliments about our staff, our French viennoiserie, and the swimming pool. Your comments have been shared amongst our staff who strives everyday to offer you a better service and a gracious hospitality. We hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Algiers

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Hamma Garden Sofitel in Algiers is a very professional hotel, with excellent Service, everything is absolutely neat. The fitness club is ok, the pool also very clean and big enough to swim. The rooms depend on which side they are, in direction of the street you can't open it's to loud, but in direction of the park it's fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Luc L, Directeur général at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden and particularly liked our service.

Thank you for staying with us and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice in July and in September both for business purposes. The hotel is very conveniently located overlooking the sea and the botanic park next; has many facilities as is expected from a 5-star hotel but there were airconditioning problems. In July the airconditioning system was in fault and except for some rooms at the lower floors, all of the general areas of the hotel including the breakfast room were hot. In September there was a better airconditioning in the rooms but still not sufficient for the general areas. The rooms were comfortable, had many amenities including a full minibar free of charge; the TV channels were almost in all languages. The breakfast room was typical French, had a variety of choices for European travellers. The rates of the hotel are close to European rates, are however high considering Algerian standards.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a good view but if well air-conditioned.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Djamila B, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking some time to post your comment, I am happy to learn that the location of the hotel suits your needs and that you appreciate our breakfast offer. I have the pleasure to inform you that the air conditioning is fixed in all areas. Looking forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, with best regards
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

very nice room, beautifull swimming pool and a well organised and mentained fitness center. Breakfast is good, restaurant for dinner is ok but way to expensive. Free shuttle to the airport, all drinks in minibar are free, wifi is terrible

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comments further to your stay at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden. I am delighted to read that you appreciated your room, the quality of your breakfast as well as our fitness center. Besides, I am happy to inform you that we have recently improved the internet connexion, which I hope will fit your needs on your next visit. Sincerely Yours.
Amman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very high prices against nothing extra as when the price of standard room with breakfast cost $400 aprox. any guest will expect something extra which was not found, the building is great , the staff was good but the offered services was poor , very poor breakfast selection , air condition not working most of the time, my advise to the management ; either the prices to be revised or to add some extra services and facilities in case they want to keep these high prices.

Room Tip: all rooms are the same , no nice view from both side
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you for choosing Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden. Your comments have been shared amongst our staff who strives every day to offer a better service. I am happy to inform you that the air conditioning is now fully working and our executive chief has prepared a new breakfast offer. We hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Algiers.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I Loved the hotel it was very gorgeouse. The tv had no english channels so I was bored at night. I went out to dinner at a french restaurant close by. The food was delicious. I went the next day to the shopping mall. They had photos of stores but none of the stores were open. The taxi driver definately over charged my friends and I. The hotel is deffinately a 5 star. The city is boring, to be honest I expected that so no big surprise...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My experience was acceptable but only disturbed by the heat and humidity inside the hotel lobby nad in the breakfast restaurant. During my stay the central A/C was working with half capacity so they had it mainly in the rooms, although the rooms are still not cold enough and I had to change the room twice.
Despite many complaints about the heat and humidity the management were helpless, because obviously the local partner didn't want to spend money to fix the problem.
Nevertheless, I still beblieve that this hotel is the best in Algiers and I will choose it again for my next stay, but I hope that the A/C would be fixed.
The other surprising situation was from an unpleasant experience in the Algerian restaurant, when my main course was 50 min late and my servers refused to admit that and kept arguing with me in a hostile way infront of a guest of mine, more sarcasticly the food came 15 min later after my complaint and even when I complained to the management... nothing happened, as if I had to take this for granted, and that I should be grateful that the staff of the restaurant just argued with me and didn't attack me physically... by the way, I ended up paying the bill in full for this meal..

Room Tip: Check the A/C.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Djamila B, Responsable relations publiques at Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Mr Emad,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments.

I am pleased to hear that you rank Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden number one in the destination. Many thanks for your confidence.

I apologise your experience did not meet your expectations at the time you stayed with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly through our guest relations service at H1540-GR@SOFITEL.COM.

Again, thank you for the comments, which we share with team and help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Been to Sofitel Algiers Hamma Garden? Share your experiences!