“Our Trip was Great !! We were pleased with everything...” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Ankeny/Des Moines
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   206 SE Delaware Avenue, I-35 Exit 92, Ankeny, IA 50023   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Nelson
“Our Trip was Great !! We were pleased with everything...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our Trip was Great !! We were pleased with everything, thanks Teresa for the extra help booking our rooms !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

JMJ I had enough points to stay at this Super 8 ,for free , which was nearby an attraction I wanted to visit. I've stayed a Super 8s before and thought they were just enough, for when price WAS the object. The location was good-right off the expressway and right near the Applebees where I wanted to have dinner. I was excited upon arrival ,seeing that there was also an indoor pool, which usually means a hot tub to soak in. Well the hot tub had only recently been removed; the cement to fill it was still wet. The refrigerator didn't work in the room and they said they'd have a handyman look at it, but I don't think anyone did and no one was at the desk when I can in later on to tell me if it was fixed or move my room. Also after showering I discovered that the hairdryer didn't work either. Most of the hotel and my room just seemed tired!..Like the staff and the management didn't need to work at upkeep, except closing the hot tub for some unknown reason. One positive, they had a sign on the door that pets were Not welcomed-I like that-I don't want to sleep where someone else's animal has done who knows what! Usually I like the Super Start Breakfast but again the meal was tired. Not much of a selection; no fresh fruit; the waffle tasted a little funny? This hotel needs a little shaking up and some management oversight!

Room Tip: JMJ Many they had some updated rooms and maybe I got this run down room because I used my membershi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

It was just OK. The room smelled a little musty and the staff was not real professional, although they were courteous and helpful. We reserved it through Travelocity for $89. The manager said we could have reserved it directly for $69, but he could not change the rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was probably the worst value per night hotel I have ever stayed at. The room smelled, the whole hotel felt damp and musty. The two beds in my room were horrible. They felt like you were rolling to the center of the bed when you laid on them. They never had fresh towels when asked for them. The continental breakfast was pathetic at best. All they had to offer for our first morning was white or wheat toast, yogurt, two stale cereals, milk, and horrible tasting waffles. The Apple juice machine worked but the orange juice machine only spit out water. I requested for them to fill it but they never did. Absolutely horrible hotel. Honestly you are better off sleeping in your car than spending the money to stay at this hotel. I am embarrassed that this hotel is in my hometown!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Ankeny/Des Moines? Share your experiences!