“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm in construction,my crew spends 4 nights a week on the road,so I stay in budget hotels for a living.This Super 8 is a dump!Gross rooms,stained towels,busted AC/Heat window units,micro fridges that don't cool anything!!!The Big wig/"manager" Tony Winchester is a jerk!!This should be a pay by the hour dive,not an overpriced run down"family"stop.The only good part of our experience was the nice,friendly desk lady Kayla.The motto here should be"we're sorry",because that's all they say when you complain......

Room Tip: Not the one I had!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sioux City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I would not suggest this place to anyone. I stayed here for a whole week in June 2013. The rooms are very basic which is fine, but they smell, old and dingy furniture, very very thin walls. I had to run my fan at all times while in the room and wear ear plugs at night due to the noise.

This place advertises a gym, one reason I stayed. When I asked at the front desk, she pointed to an eliptical about 10 feet from the front desk. That was their gym!!

the breakfast by far was the worst. My first day there were 3 yogurts and 1 muffin left at 7:30am. there was no juice, milk or even water! the only thing they had was coffee. Day 2 about the same. Day 3 - no juice, milk, water, bread, muffins. the ONLY thing they had was 2 kinds of dry cereal. The manager who worked the front desk in the morning couldnt have cared less. She never greeted me or anyone else. Looked at her computer the whole time no matter how many people walked by. On Friday, a new girl was working the front desk and guess what, the breakfast was stocked and it was also the busiest day. she would leave the front desk and fill items. The manager never once left the front desk to fill anything and only left to go on a smoke break.

Very bad place. Dont ever stay. As you can see from my reviews I have only one other time given a bad review and this one was the worst.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

No coffee for morning and when asked the manager she gave me an open package and said they have some "issues". The water in sink would not drain. The room was dirty and a punch hole in wall. The appliances in the room did not work. The security door was taped open so anyone could enter. I really believe there are some other (not legal) things happening here. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Booked here due to only hotel in area available. Out of 10 rooms booked with dbl beds, 2 had to stay in single beds(3 guests per room), one got an "out of order room" with broken locks and TV. Other rooms dirty upon check in. And they didn't even have a room for my family when we arrived. I had to stay in a different hotel away from my group paying $300. Pool was out of order due to chemical imbalance. Contacted owner and all he said was "sorry", come back and I will give you a discount. I will NEVER be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Ankeny/Des Moines? Share your experiences!