“Excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Clean room, friendly staff and very accommodating. I would definitely stay in this hotel again because the staff was so friendly. Good breakfast. We needed to wash kids clothes and were able to do so on site.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ankeny, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hello George S

Thank you for rating us on Trip Advisor, your feedback is very important to us. We are glad that your stay was a good one and look forward to seeing you again.

Julie GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Willmar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I found this hotel to be clean and recently updated, the beds to be comfortable, rooms to be fairly quiet and the breakfast selection to be the expected ( scrabbled eggs, waffles, cereal, juice, milk, coffee, etc... for a lower price than other hotel chains offering such amenities. All in all this is the norm for americinns. The only suggestion for improvement would be the toilet seat was slightly loose.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Gerald S

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry about the loose toilet seat. We do regular maintenance checks but must have missed that. We hope will see you again.

Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed one night in the accessible room. The room/lobby/hotel was clean & well maintained.
We didn't try the breakfast. The desk staff was helpful. It was a good location with restaurants nearby. No complaints, except for me, the pillows are very firm to my taste.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Chaortl,

Thank you for rating us on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you had a good stay with us and hope that you will come and see us again.

Juile GM
Iowa City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is one of the better AmericInns that I have stayed in. Much better than the one just 15 miles north in Ames. Our stay was pleasant, the halls were quiet, the staff was very friendly, and the room was clean. Only two complaints would be that the temperature of the hot tub was way too hot and a few of the breakfast items did not seem fresh. Good fruit selection at breakfast though so that was nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ankeny, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Kate M

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. As always I am passing this along to my staff. We hope to see you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I first stayed at AmericInn in Ankeny back in March. I was very impressed with the front desk staff, the cleanliness of the room, and the free breakfast.

Because of my good experience, I decided to spend the extra money to stay at AmericInn again last weekend even though there were much cheaper options. We had to stay in a King Suite because that's all that was available so it was $150 a night.

The breakfast was even better this time around, but that's where the positives end. The room was not very clean. I was already turned off when I opened the coffee maker and saw bits of "stuff" inside the water reservoir. No clue what it was. However, that was nothing compared to finding children's underpants in the lampshade. We don't have children.

I told the girl at the front desk and she apologized, but that was about it. Perhaps it was a busier weekend than usual, but in the future, I'll save my money and try another hotel. Definitely not worth the $300.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bree S

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor, your feedback is important to us. I am terrible sorry about the issues you had when you stayed. We have working more intensively with housekeeping to avoid any such issues. If you would ever decide to give us another opportunity please contact me at the hotel and I will see that you recieve a discount and a free upgrade. Thank you again.

Ankeny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked our softball team into this hotel at the last minute and was immediately impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the person who helped with our reservations. Much of our team arrived before I did, and all feedback was postive even before I checked in. Upon arrival, we were able to check in a little early, and everything was clean, fresh and pleasant. Botton line, it was a great stay and we will stay here again next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jill H,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, our guests are our top priorty. I appreciate the staff compliments and will pass them along. We hope we will see you again.

Pella, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed for a family weekend getaway. I was a little apprehensive at first because we have never stayed at this chain before. When I made the reservation, I received a great rate. The clerk also informed me they had no elevators so she would put us on ground level which I appreciate with 3 kids. I also mentioned we would need a cot, she would make a note, but could not guarantee us one because of the first come, first serve basis. Fair enough. Check in was a breeze, and to our surprise, a cot was waiting for us in our room. Wow! Sometimes it's just the little things that leave the biggest impression! We liked the open feeling of the lobby area. The pool and spa impressed us by being the largest we have ever come across. Nice stretched out design. Spa rules are enforced, no children under 12, which ok, I get, but my 7 year old really loves the warm water and I didn't see anything wrong with him sitting on the edge as long as an adult was around. It was kind of bummer, but whatever.
The fitness room is tiny, a treadmill and a bicycle, but the treadmill did the trick for us. If you're huge on fitness, make other arrangements.
Overall, we were pleasantly surprised.
If I had to be picky, I would say they could step up the cleaning a bit. (Ex: wrappers, straws, beside coffee display was left on the floor beside garbage can for too long.) Also some of the coffee carafes were broken; they would pump slowly and one lever would always break. But, that's being picky. We did see workers cleaning the windows and counters which was nice to see.
We would stay again. Great location and friendly staff! Keep up the good work, customers do notice.

Room Tip: Nice room décor.