“Awful food, clearly disorganized restaurant” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Manila
“Awful food, clearly disorganized restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I ate there yesterday and the food was terrible. I ordered an enchilada plate and my wife had fajitas. Although the restaurant was nearly empty, our food took about 30 minutes to get to the table. When it did arrive, it was obvious that mine had sat under a heat lamp for a long time. The tortilla was crispy and burnt and the guacamole was brown! I sent it back and ordered a different taco/enchilada combo and it was horrible. I couldn't eat 1/4 of what was on the plate. It was really a bad experience. I'll never go back there and I'd urge anyone who does go to avoid entrees and stick to beer and chips.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ames, IA
“A chain restaurant that gets it right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My spouse and I visit Carlos O'Kelly's fairly often. We always receive quick and attentive service, the menu often has new dishes or specials to try and the food is always good. The prices are fair, the staff are great at getting you "in and out" without making you feel rushed and the decor and lighting are fine. We enjoy grabbing a quick lunch or dinner here about once a month. This restaurant really seems to care about the customers experience!

Visited November 2012
Huxley, Iowa
“a mexican-irish cafe, what a combo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This isn't a bad restaurant to go to. Average price, average food, kind of awkward place to get into, probably why I don't go more often.

Boone, Iowa
“Wonderful Service, Excellent Food...Yum I'll Be Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Was seated immediately, got my chips & salsa (which is excellent) my order came and it was very good (just got the tacos beans & rice). Very quick, great atmosphere, everything was great! Will go back.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ames, Iowa
“Good chips and salsa isn't worth the time or money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Officially had the worst lunch experience ever at the Ames location. Over 90 minutes for a table of 6 to have lunch. But worst is I specifically ordered off of the lunch menu but was brought a full order without my knowledge. When I complained about the bill my server refused to adjust it. If anyone gets Lindsay (#533), just walk away or better yet pick a different lunch spot.
Your time and money can be spent anywhere else.

• Visited January 2012