“Great Buffet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 164 Restaurants in Ames
Fort Dodge, Iowa
“Great Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is one of the best buffets I have ever been to it is conveniently located by anything you need. We go here for lunch every time we come to Ames, and for super head to Hickory Park, great food. Great job everyone

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Des Moines, Iowa
“At least weekly lunch here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is no doubt the best buffet near here, including north Des Moines. The food is always good, and and kept stocked up. The Crab Rangoon is perhaps among the best I have eaten! Another favorite is the spicy shrimp. It is just a little hot but the effect is accumulative! The staff is good about keeping your drink filled and taking away used plates.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ames, Iowa
“Plain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were in a hurry and not impressed. The selection and service could have been better. There are so many good places to eat in Ames that this one will have to do better.

wisconsin
“This is the cleanest Chinese Buffet I have ever ate at.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

That is the most important thing for me is the sanitation of any establishment. Second the quality and freshness of the food. They did a great job with both. You can tell that is important to them. I don't live in the area however I wish they could give some lessons to the Chinese restaurants in my area. Great choices, lots of fresh fruit and sushi too. I liked the hot and sour soup. Dinner price was 10.99 and kids was 4.99. We liked it and if we were in the area again we would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Henderson, Nevada
“Average at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Got there close to three thirty so figured I would cut them some slack if not fresh and hot. Well it was not fresh or hot but warm and edible but not good. Selection was nothing special. Chicken on a stick was the best part. Will not go back as I think the Mongolian buffet a few blocks away is slightly better

Been to King Buffet? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage King Buffet, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.