“Stand-out Burger” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
San Antonio, TX
“Stand-out Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My son, his wife, 2-month old daughter and I stopped in here @ about 2pm on Sunday after shopping. The menu was not too extensive, which I like and the food was great. Simple cheeseburger and fries ...served simply on a home made bun. Perfect. If you like your burger with 'no pink' let them know beforehand. They're thick and juicy with some pink inside. My son had a 'Presley' burger that had crunchy peanut butter and bacon. The bite I had (well ...of course I had to) was delicious. Very different.

Good mood music in the background ...plenty of seating and we could hear each other speak. I really enjoyed Oddfellows.

Visited August 2013

Ames, Iowa, United States
“Weird Burgers, and that's it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Let me start this by saying I have a unique way to measure food establishments. I call it the taste to cost ratio. The burgers were strange and entertaining, the food was all right, but the prices are RIDICULOUS. $12 dollars for a burger with some cheap queso, canned jalepenos, and a fried egg on top? And the burger was okay. It's not amazing.

However, this doesn't usually warrant a 1 star. What warrants a 1 star is the forced 18% gratuity at a table of 5 (one person did not order). What is more, I had a $10 dollar off coupon, and the gratuity and tax was still based on the original price, so my 15 dollar bill turned into a 26 dollar ticket somehow. I asked the waitress, and the manager said "We would lose money on taxes if we took it off the original cost."

No, you would not lose money, because this is how coupons work. You are taxed on what you sell, not on what you make. If you buy one get one free, you do not pay taxes on the cost of the second item. He seemed sure of this stance, which leads me to believe that the manager is willing to milk his customers for as much money as he can get.

Despicable business ethics.

Visited July 2013
Ames, Iowa
“unique burgers & chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

uniques burgers & chicken...can sub any burger with a chicken breast...fun decor and lots of food...tatertots are great!

Visited May 2013
Ames, Iowa
“Oddfellows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were there on a busy VEISHA weekend...but we only waited about 10 minutes. It is located in a strip mall, so the view is not important. I has eclectic items hanging everywhere; Interesting to look at while you are waiting. The waitress was efficient and friendly. My husband had a chicken sandwich, which he said was delicious. I had a huge pork tenderloin; It was a little over browned, but still moist and tasted very good. The onion rings are terrific, and the tater tots are, too. The portions are huge, so you could easily split, if you really want to share!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boone, Iowa, United States
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great Burgers, can easily be split. Try the breaded loin, very good. Love the tater-tot nachos. There deviled eggs, yummy.

Visited March 2013