“Microtel In & Suites Ames, Iowa” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 18 hotels in Ames
Parker, Colorado, United States
“Microtel In & Suites Ames, Iowa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My stay at Microtel stated out with a real problem. I had made a reservation through the Wyndham Reward site for one room with 2 queen size rooms. I and my Wife and daughter were traveling back to Iowa to see my mother. I used my Reward points to pay for two nights; a Friday and a Saturday. I was running late so I contacted Microtel in Ames Iowa on the phone to let them know I would not be there until 11 or 12 PM. I was told that they had no reservation for me. I called Wyndham Rewards back and they said I definitely had reservation. The finally found room that a queen bed and a couch. The girl at on the phone said I would get my points and they apologized for their screw up. Well my adult daughter did not sleep well on the couch bed. The queen size mattress bed was not very firm. The room was clean but the walls are not very sound proof. Many times we could hear the neighbors. The continental breakfast was average. I still have not received my refund on 28,000 points. I have repeatedly called the manger continues to tell me their is just glitch. This motel is not only poorly run that lack any thread of customer service. I get tired of calling Ames Iowa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Iowa City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Will definitely stay in this hotel again. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and very nice. The lighting in the rooms was better than most hotels which was especially nice for reading. Access to Iowa State University Campus was great. The breakfast in the morning was also great with lots of choices for everyone. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Sloan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nice clean rooms, helpful staff at check-in. However, there was a computer charger left in the room and had several problems relating to getting it back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel really surprised me. It really doesn't look like much but I would definitely stay here again. The front desk workers were very friendly and personable. Check in was super easy and they granted my requested location. The room was fine with a refrigerator and microwave. The beds were super comfortable. There was very little counter space in the sink area and the toilet/shower room was tiny. There is a window seat with a cushion you can sit on and look out. I had never seen anything like this anywhere else. Overall, a very good experience.

Room Tip: I high floor is always quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames

Address: 2216 SE 16th Street, Ames, IA 50010
Location: United States > Iowa > Ames
#8 Business Hotel in Ames
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Ames
Microtel Inn & Suites Ames Hotel Ames
Microtel Ames
Ames Microtel
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Ames Iowa

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.