“Iowa Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Ames

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Earlington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here one night in May when the hotel I usually stay in was full. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff were courteous and welcoming. While we have a contracted rate with another establishment, I would definitely return here when needed. It is easy to access from the I-35 & Hwy 30 intersection, and allows easy access to everything in Ames. It is close enough to walk to El Azteca (see reviews), one of the best places to eat in Ames.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

It was very nice to see that they actually had a room available when a lot of the hotels in the area were full. I have stayed in a Windham before with no problems or complaints, but this one was not as well kept as the others. The rooms were clean enough, but the smoke smell in a non-smoking room was aweful. I left the window open for awhile, but the highway noise was so loud I couldn't even hear the tv. It was nice to have a light breakfast in the morning, but I don't think the desk gentleman was too thrilled when I asked for more biscuits or overly friendly when I checked out. The check in gentleman however was very friendly and accomodating. I would stay at this hotel again to save money, but would next time ask for a different room to avoid the smell.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Moline, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night for our daughter's college orientation. The price was cheap so I was a little concerned about staying there but I read the reviews on here and they were all positive. The room was clean and spacious. The continental breakfast was fair at best but typical. We will definitely stay here again when visiting our daughter.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames

Address: 2216 SE 16th Street, Ames, IA 50010
Location: United States > Iowa > Ames
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Ames
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames 2*
Non-Smoking Hotel Close to Iowa State University and Stephens Auditorium Whether traveling for business or pleasure, enjoy affordable rates and warm comfort at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames hotel in central Iowa. Our recently renovated, smoke-free Ames, Iowa, hotel near Iowa State University is close to local attractions and outdoor fun. After a cozy sleep on our new bedding, look forward to free continental breakfast. Plan your day using free Wi-Fi Internet access, read your free newspaper or work out in the fitness center. Take advantage of other perks like 24-hour front desk service and guest laundry facilities. Some hotel rooms feature 32-inch flat-screen TVs, microwaves, refrigerators and sofa beds. We offer spacious suites as well as non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms at our pet-friendly Ames, Iowa, hotel. Take advantage of free parking and electrical outlets in our lot. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn & Suites Ames Hotel Ames
Microtel Inn And Suites Ames
Microtel Ames
Ames Microtel
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Ames Iowa

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.