“Microtel Ames, IA” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in Ames

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Federal Way, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

First of all, I have to say I am glad we made a decision in our itinerary to stop here.
What a weird dichotomy to get off the freeway to enter town, see one convenience store and no less than seven hotels. I chose the Mictrotel because it was pet friendly, and as we are moving, we have our cat with us. The reviews for the other pet friendly hotel are less than admirable.
One negative: it is 3:09 in the morning and I can clearly hear the party going on in the room next door. Not the hotels fault to be sure, but the conversation is pretty normal in tone and volume and I can almost make out the words. Makes me glad there aren't other activities taking place next door.... LOL
That being said: this room is well appointed. The staff are all friendly. The beds are comfortable, and the facility is really nice. I look forward to the breakfast tomorrow, because I'm sure it will be as great as everything else here....

Room Tip: Ask to have quiet guests.... I understand this is a college town....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames

Address: 2216 SE 16th Street, Ames, IA 50010
Location: United States > Iowa > Ames
#8 Business Hotel in Ames
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Ames
Microtel Inn & Suites Ames Hotel Ames
Microtel Ames
Ames Microtel
Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Ames Iowa

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.