“O.K. MOTEL FOR PRICE” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Ames
Duluth
“O.K. MOTEL FOR PRICE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

evening front end staff was excellent. no one around in the morning when we wanted to check out. no one keeping up breakfast room either. out of coffee for a long time.
there is only one restaurant (Mexican) within walking distance and 5-6 motels. This one was $10 cheaper than Super 8. Pool not operational.
Large room, very clean, strong shower, lots of large, fluffy towels.
Noise until 1 a.m.and other neighbors up at 5. Doors slam noisily.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bloomington, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel and there was bed bugs in my room. I was offered to move to a different room but I honestly didn't want to stay in the hotel. However it was really late and the guy behind the front desk seemed he was having trouble with the computer. I ended up in a smaller room with stains on the sheets. Breakfast was ok. I was surprise they wash their dishes in the sink though. Very unappealing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bansri A, Manager at Econo Lodge Ames, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking your valuable time out and providing us with your feedback .I apologize for your experience, I did research on your case and unfortunately we did not find any such complaint reported to front desk or housekeeping staff during the reported stay period. However, you would be glad to know that we did conduct through check through a professional pest control company and we did not find any problem with any of our recently rented rooms. We take our customers comfort and safety very seriously and follow all health rules and regulations diligently. We definitely want to make this right with you and would like to get more information from you, please feel free to contact me directly through Motel Phone or via Email : Econolodgeames@gmail.com
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Christmas Day in a college town- room, property, and breakfast better than the Quality Inn next door that we moved from- and significantly cheaper. A very nice surprise considering the place of Econolodge in the Choice Hotel group.

Room Tip: Avoid the pet wing if you aren't travelling with one.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bansri A, Manager at Econo Lodge Ames, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for providing us the feedback. It is very important to see how our guest felt about their stay and I am very glad that we were able to meet your expectations.we would love to have you come back and stay with us in future when you are in this area again to provide you with even better service and Stay. Thank you and have a wonderful New Year :)
Vincent,Ia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Room was small with bed almost up against the wall on one side. Air conditioner/heating unit was extremely noisy. Traffic noise was very loud. The room we got was not what we were promised on our confirmation. We got a full size bed instead of a king size.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest- I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us. We definitely want to make this right with you please feel free to contact me at the hotel # 515-233-6060.I would be more than glad to resolve this issue and see if there was any misunderstanding as all we have for room types is either Queen or Kings.It would be our pleasure to have to you stay with us again when you are around, for a much better experience. Thank you for providing us your feedback, as it helps us immensely.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced hotel in the Ames area, look no more. The Econo Lodge Hotel has definitely won me over. I work construction for a living, staying sometimes up to a year at a time at different locations in Iowa. I have stayed at the Econo Lodge four nights a week for the last 3 1/2 months, and will continue for the next 4 or 5 months. The rates are very reasonable, the rooms are always clean, the staff is always more than friendly, and I have no reason to even look elsewhere. There are 4 access points into the building, so you never have to far to walk to get to your room or vehicle. There is a large swimming pool, vending, beverages, laundry, free wireless internet, free cable, and a decent continental breakfast each morning from 6am to 9am. Did I mention that some of the rooms have a small refrigerators and microwaves, and the water pressure is great, and there is always hot water? How about the fact that the coffee is always on? Here's another benefit that most people don't consider: there is very little noise or sound transmission through the walls or ceilings. This hotel was built the right way 25 years ago, and it is in better shape than some 5 year old hotels that I have stayed in. The solid brick walls were very impressive last summer when I rode out a late day thunderstorm with 60+ mph winds. The last thing I would like to say is that I wouldn't waste my time writing a review for anything if I didn't honestly and sincerely believe in what I am saying. Some people have agendas that include writing bad reviews and trying to get refunds anyway they can. That ends up hurting good people, and often misrepresents the truth. Trust me folks, Look No Farther than the Ames Econo Lodge!!!
Mike S.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bansri A, General Manager at Econo Lodge Ames, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Mike, Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule and providing us with the feedback. It always feels good to know that we are providing satisfactory service to our loyal guests. we will try whatever it is needed to keep your faith in us and having you stay with us.Thanks a Billion!!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The entire hallway smelled like smoke. Upon entering the room we saw dirty carpet. The bed had a live spider in it and crumbs. The bathroom had two bugs in it, one which looked like a cockroach. Left after ten minutes in the room. Did not receive a refund.

• Stayed October 2013

Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were looking for something low cost, no frills expected, so we did a search for the area, low to high. There was one place with lower cost (not much lower) but horrible reviews so we took a chance on the Econo Lodge. We were pleasantly surprised. The facility was relatively new, very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly, the free breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to provide you with the best service each and every time we have you as our guest. you are the reason we are here and hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Been to Econo Lodge Ames? Share your experiences!