“Perfect! Just perfect!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ames
Lagos, Nigeria
“Perfect! Just perfect!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

You just step into this hotel and instantly you feel at home?It is a lovely ,charming hotel!! Quite homely!!The decor is soo awesome and quite upscale! I bet they hired a good interior decorator? Everything in this hotel spells QUALITY and attention to the finest details!!! Friendly staff super friendly and helpful I add, very comfortable rooms and beds,homemade complimentary breakfast,heated pool and jacuzzi! I could go on and on! And hope I remembered to say it is so CLEAN!!!!! I leave this place having enjoyed my stay and looking forward to coming back over and over As I have a reason to visit Ames often!!!! I just loved my stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I feel this hotel will give the best service no matter what room?
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
BWUniversityPark, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS University Park Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay. We're glad you enjoyed our recently remodeled exterior, lobby, and breakfast areas. We will be taking the concepts through the rest of our hotel including public hallways and our guest rooms over the next year or two. We hope to see you again soon so you can see even more great changes that are coming. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed one night to see his son off to college. We had a king ADA room, just assigned randomly . It was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was no sofa or pull out bed in this room. We were on 1st floor, which is good because I saw stairs but no elevator. Free coffee in lobby was nice. Lots of room in lobby to relax or use hotels' computers or fax. Cozy modern covered and furnished front porch for relaxing. There was an indoor pool and hot tub which we used. Pool was small and temperature perfect. Hot tub could have been a tad hotter but was really fine. From pool area you can sit at tables outside but it faces people pumping gas at a gas station do we passed on that experience. Fitness room was present and we didnt use it. Ice machine always had ice, which is good considering hotel was full. Free breakfast was clean, plentiful and good variety. I didnt like eggs at all, they tasted reconstituted. There was the usual, fresh fruit, cereal, breads, muffins and bagel, juice, eggs and two meats Hubby ate, I just had coffee. The hotel was booked solid the night of our stay, and the following night, yet they granted us a late 1pm check out, so kudos to the hotel!. Hair dryer was broken and staff replaced it faster than we could blink! All the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Even tho hotel was sold out, we had no issues w noise or crowds. Very nice budget place to stay. We will be back for next college event. Thanks, Best Western!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We do have an elevator, located across from our indoor pool and hot tub. Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay and please contact us again when you come to visit or pick up your son at college.
Sebring, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were in town for business, and had not made reservations in advance. Some our usual go to's were sold out. The desk clerk was very accommodating when I called for availability. We were very impressed when we arrived with the updated and upscale appearance of this property. This is not your OLD Best Western. Congratulations to Best Western on the design and appearance of this property. We had a great stay and I will be looking for more of these PLUS Best Western when we travel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Ames, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was surprised at the hotel. From the outside I wasn't that impressed but when I went inside I was. To be a pet friendly hotel, it was very clean and I couldn't tell that pets were allowed in there. The only thing that I did not like was that there were no weights in the weight room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us. We have recently expanded and remodeled our fitness room. It now has an elliptical machine, an exercise bike, a treadmill, stretching cords, medicine balls, a weight machine, free weights, and yoga mats. Please come stay with us next time you are in Ames and check out our newly remodeled fitness room and lobby.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

One of the nicest Beat Western properties I've stayed at. Last minute walk-in booking. Lovely room overlooking the little lawn on the 2nd floor. Double. Very clean. Extremely friendly staff. Great discounted AARP rate. Would recommend and stay there again if ever in the area.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Ames, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was at the Best Western Plus for a 2 day meeting and didn't have time to use the breakfast or internet amenities but the room was clean and everything worked fine. I liked the room bill left under the door in the morning so I didn't have to go to the front desk to check out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving feedback on your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.
Winterset, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was pleased with my stay. The room was clean and very comfortable. The complementary breakfast was good. Had hot foods along with bagel and toast choices, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs with sausage and ham, ect. I was pleasantly surprised by the check out reciept slipped under my door the morning of departure so my check out was simple and easy. I will stay again the next time I have to travel to Ames for summer classes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business