“Suprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Suprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I never heard of AmericInn before last month but I was pleasantly surprised. For the amount of money I spent I was expecting a lot less but the quality and cleanliness of the rooms and pool were on par with more expensive hotels. If I return to this part of the country, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

AmericInnAmes, Public Relations Manager at AmericInn Ames, responded to this review, November 22, 2014
Michael,

I am so glad to hear that your first stay at an AmericInn franchise was a positive experience. There are 203 AmericInn properties located primarily in the Midwest area. If you are back in our vicinity, we would love to have you stay here again. Otherwise, all other AmericInn's will follow the same brand standards and give you with the same exceptional service that we were able to provide for you at our Ames location.

Take care and have a great day,
AmericInn Ames

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Naperville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel was clean, the staff were very nice. We had a staff member stop by our room to see if there was anything else they could do for us during our stay. The pool was clean and the hot tub was relaxing. We have stayed here 3 times now and we have not yet been disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Phyllis, I am very pleased that you took the time to write up a kind review for our property. Exceptional guest service is what we strive for here and I am so pleased to hear that you experienced that with your stay in August.

I'm happy that the 3rd time staying with us continued to be a charm.

See you soon,
Americinn Ames
Franklin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I hadn't stayed here before in my many trips to Ames. Awesome hotel!! Very clean friendly staff great rates! When I got there it was really late yet the front desk staff was awesome and happy and polite enough to let me know what places were still open that I could get food at. Overall great place

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Cody,

Whether its 2 PM or 2 AM, we strive for exceptional service around the clock! I am very happy that you were able to find a good place to grab a bite to eat.

Take care and stop by next time you are in town.

Des Moines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

For my wedding the block was released early. Our guests were told there were no rooms available more than a week prior to our reservation release date. Then the hotel gave away the bride & groom's suite. Horrible! We were put in another room which was not what we wanted. Then I still had to pay 50% of the hotel price when I had be promised the room block would provide the bride and groom's room for free.

The lady working the night shift at the front desk was a complete robot with no feelings or customer service knowledge. She was completely worthless, rude and left in the middle of a conversation when I was standing there in my wedding dress to talk to someone else.

NEVER ANSWERED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made the room block in January and tried to call shortly after. In January I was told the phone lines would be corrected. Multiple times I questioned about them fixing it over the months coming up to the wedding and I was told it was going to be fixed. The day of our check-in I attempted to call the hotel desk and it still rang continuously. How can a hotel not answer the phone????????

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

AmericInnAmes, General Manager at AmericInn Ames, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for writing a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay with us. We are so deeply sorry you were inconvenienced during your stay at the AmericInn. We do sincerely apologize for the confusion and for the inconvenience. We did offer a King suite with the double doors with 50% off of the room. The hotel bought the bride/groom flowers, chocolates, and some sparkling grape juice and placed it in their room with a letter apologizing for this inconvenience, the hotel also provided them with a gift certificate to come back again and stay in the whirlpool fireplace room.

Guests not affliated with the wedding party were very supportive and repeatedly assured staff that she was handling the situation calmly and professionally.

We look forward to seeing you back in the near future to utilize your gift certificate you received.
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Almost too many things wrong to mention them all. We stayed there with several members of our family and everyone had problems.Our toilet was clogged and there was no one available to help. They just gave me a plunger to clean it myself. The mini fridge was set too cold and our cans of pop exploded. Only one person was working on Saturday night and she was no help with our complaints. One person in my family was threatened by a guest we didn't even know. When we mentioned it, the desk clerk offered no help. Thankfully, no one was hurt because the hotel offered no security. Several family members had their "reserved" rooms given to other guests. One room had so much humidity that the carpet was wet. Rooms overall were not very clean. The milk served at breakfast was warm. I could go on and on. I would not recommend ever staying at this hotel. I know I will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Marlene,

The fact that your stay with us was so dismal is deeply troubling to me. There is no excuse for the multitude of problems that you experienced.

While I know you mentioned you would never stay with us again, I urge you to reconsider and give us another chance in the future to make things right and prove that we can do better.

Best wishes and deepest apologies,
Davenport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were a large group of 13 families for a sporting event. Lots of kids. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Good sized lobby area for socializing. Staff was welcoming and understanding. Overall great!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Georgia,

I am so glad that you feel like our property was able to properly accommodate such a large group! One of the great aspects of our property is the large open-concept lobby for exactly the reason you mentioned. It makes sporting events, reunions, and any type of group gatherings a great experience for our guests. I hope you will be back to see us again in the future.

Take care,
Mount Pleasant
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. However, I found the cleanliness of the rooms and pool area to be below standard. The internet is very slow, do not plan on using your laptop for work in the evening unless you pay for the upgrade.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Elizabeth,

While I am glad to hear that our staff was of optimal assistance to you during your stay, I am troubled that you experienced problems with both our cleanliness and internet. I would like to let you know that our number one priority here (matched with providing excellent service) is to have clean and comfortable rooms to provide a home away from home for our guests.

These are matters that will be looked into. I invite you to please give us another try in the future as a second chance.

Have a great day,
AmericInn Ames

Been to AmericInn Ames? Share your experiences!