“Good Room, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2507 SE 16th Street, Ames, IA 50010   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Ames
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Randall, Iowa
“Good Room, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times and the service is always top notch. The Staff always seems to be in a good mood and have a smile on their faces. If you're looking for a clean room for a decent price this is it. The only "problem" is that it really isn't within waling distance of anything except the restaurant next door.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
AmericInnAmes, Manager at AmericInn Ames, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Jeremy,

Thanks for the kind words about our staff! We agree that we have amazing people here! And we hope you are able to stay with us the next time you are in Ames!

Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
wall lake, ia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Kylie was very friendly and accomodating in our stay. We were able to have the pool for a little longer to have a family birthday party. Children enjoyed the swimming longer, too. The breakfast burritos were delicious, and the people doing that were pleasant, also. The people doing the cleaning were very considerate of us, also.

Room Tip: King size room was very spacious and nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to have a birthday party at the pool!

Our staff are very friendly and accomodating, thanks for letting us know how much they are appreciated!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Checked in my suite for my wedding anniversary n there was a plate of old stinky food in the mini fridge,spiders in the tub and to top it off that got me upset the fireplace did not work and that was not mentioned when I made the reservation for me n my husband. I could have saved money if I just wanted a room with a hot tub without the fireplace.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for bringing these issues to our attention. We would like to inform you that this hotel is under new management, and that we have been undergoing many changes and updates. Our housekeeping staff goes through extensive training, so the issues you experienced will no longer slip through the cracks or be allowed to happen.

We hope you will accept our apologizies and that you may even give us another try in the future.
Metamora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was very pleased with my most recent stay at the Americinn in Ames. I had made reservations on line back in August of the previous year and did so early for my daughter's graduation from Iowa State University. I knew the hotels would be filled to the brim and that is the reason for reserving early. Enroute to Iowa I had an issue with Priceline and it appeared my reservation got cancelled out. I was unable to contact an actual person from Priceline but immediately called Americinn and spoke with Stacey who turned out to be my guardian angel for the weekend. From what she could tell I still had a reservation and then received a fax from Priceline which was very confusing. She assured me she would talk to her manager and give me a call back. To make a long story short I did receive a call back and I was able to keep my one night stay at the hotel. Stacey in my eyes went above and beyond on making sure I still had a room and from what I can tell had been in contact with an actual person at Priceline. The following day I asked if i could do a late checkout, just needing an additional hour because we were not sure how long graduation would last. The staff was very courteous and allowed us the extra hour that we needed. We were so grateful that we were able to make it through graduation and then back to the hotel to change before making the 5 hour trip back to our home. Everyone was very helpful and courteous that we made contact with and what initially seemed like a disaster turned out fine in the long run. Thanks for everything. Julie

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Julie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your stay at AmericInn in Ames. We are so happy that everything worked out, and that we were able to play a part in making your graduation weekend so wonderful!

We have an amazing staff who are always glad to help out. We pride ourselves on outcomes like yours and we hope you will be able to come back and see us soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the AmericInn of Ames. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They gave me great directions and small talk during check in. Rooms could be updated, beds weren't the most comfortable, but hey, it worked. Overall great product! I'd defintely return. Thanks for the great experience, Ames AmericInn team :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We want to let you know that this hotel has been undergoing many changes and upgrades, including new beds. We hope you make it back to see us in Ames soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I travel for a living and needed to come to Ames for Iowa state visit for my daughter - I loved the night staff, he was great and friendly...it's always very easy to check in and they always accommodate what I need

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks for your wonderful review! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next stay when you are in Ames!
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend trip. Good location near Iowa State University and convenient for coming off of the highway. The staff was personable and helpful with my needs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kori,

We are so happy to read your great review! And we would be happy to have you come see us again the next time you are in Ames!

Thanks!

Been to AmericInn Ames? Share your experiences!