“wonderful and accomodating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 hotels in Ames
wall lake, ia
“wonderful and accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Kylie was very friendly and accomodating in our stay. We were able to have the pool for a little longer to have a family birthday party. Children enjoyed the swimming longer, too. The breakfast burritos were delicious, and the people doing that were pleasant, also. The people doing the cleaning were very considerate of us, also.

Room Tip: King size room was very spacious and nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Checked in my suite for my wedding anniversary n there was a plate of old stinky food in the mini fridge,spiders in the tub and to top it off that got me upset the fireplace did not work and that was not mentioned when I made the reservation for me n my husband. I could have saved money if I just wanted a room with a hot tub without the fireplace.

• Stayed May 2013
Metamora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was very pleased with my most recent stay at the Americinn in Ames. I had made reservations on line back in August of the previous year and did so early for my daughter's graduation from Iowa State University. I knew the hotels would be filled to the brim and that is the reason for reserving early. Enroute to Iowa I had an issue with Priceline and it appeared my reservation got cancelled out. I was unable to contact an actual person from Priceline but immediately called Americinn and spoke with Stacey who turned out to be my guardian angel for the weekend. From what she could tell I still had a reservation and then received a fax from Priceline which was very confusing. She assured me she would talk to her manager and give me a call back. To make a long story short I did receive a call back and I was able to keep my one night stay at the hotel. Stacey in my eyes went above and beyond on making sure I still had a room and from what I can tell had been in contact with an actual person at Priceline. The following day I asked if i could do a late checkout, just needing an additional hour because we were not sure how long graduation would last. The staff was very courteous and allowed us the extra hour that we needed. We were so grateful that we were able to make it through graduation and then back to the hotel to change before making the 5 hour trip back to our home. Everyone was very helpful and courteous that we made contact with and what initially seemed like a disaster turned out fine in the long run. Thanks for everything. Julie

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the AmericInn of Ames. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They gave me great directions and small talk during check in. Rooms could be updated, beds weren't the most comfortable, but hey, it worked. Overall great product! I'd defintely return. Thanks for the great experience, Ames AmericInn team :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I travel for a living and needed to come to Ames for Iowa state visit for my daughter - I loved the night staff, he was great and friendly...it's always very easy to check in and they always accommodate what I need

• Stayed April 2013
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend trip. Good location near Iowa State University and convenient for coming off of the highway. The staff was personable and helpful with my needs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Allison, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the AmericInn in Ames which was close to Iowa State University where I attended a conference. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was an added plus and was adequate. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to AmericInn Ames? Share your experiences!