“Will return again to Americinn” 4 of 5 stars

AmericInn Ames
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2507 SE 16th Street, Ames, IA 50010   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Ames
Metamora, Illinois
“Will return again to Americinn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was very pleased with my most recent stay at the Americinn in Ames. I had made reservations on line back in August of the previous year and did so early for my daughter's graduation from Iowa State University. I knew the hotels would be filled to the brim and that is the reason for reserving early. Enroute to Iowa I had an issue with Priceline and it appeared my reservation got cancelled out. I was unable to contact an actual person from Priceline but immediately called Americinn and spoke with Stacey who turned out to be my guardian angel for the weekend. From what she could tell I still had a reservation and then received a fax from Priceline which was very confusing. She assured me she would talk to her manager and give me a call back. To make a long story short I did receive a call back and I was able to keep my one night stay at the hotel. Stacey in my eyes went above and beyond on making sure I still had a room and from what I can tell had been in contact with an actual person at Priceline. The following day I asked if i could do a late checkout, just needing an additional hour because we were not sure how long graduation would last. The staff was very courteous and allowed us the extra hour that we needed. We were so grateful that we were able to make it through graduation and then back to the hotel to change before making the 5 hour trip back to our home. Everyone was very helpful and courteous that we made contact with and what initially seemed like a disaster turned out fine in the long run. Thanks for everything. Julie

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AmericInnAmes, Manager at AmericInn Ames, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Julie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your stay at AmericInn in Ames. We are so happy that everything worked out, and that we were able to play a part in making your graduation weekend so wonderful!

We have an amazing staff who are always glad to help out. We pride ourselves on outcomes like yours and we hope you will be able to come back and see us soon!

Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the AmericInn of Ames. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They gave me great directions and small talk during check in. Rooms could be updated, beds weren't the most comfortable, but hey, it worked. Overall great product! I'd defintely return. Thanks for the great experience, Ames AmericInn team :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We want to let you know that this hotel has been undergoing many changes and upgrades, including new beds. We hope you make it back to see us in Ames soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I travel for a living and needed to come to Ames for Iowa state visit for my daughter - I loved the night staff, he was great and friendly...it's always very easy to check in and they always accommodate what I need

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks for your wonderful review! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next stay when you are in Ames!
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend trip. Good location near Iowa State University and convenient for coming off of the highway. The staff was personable and helpful with my needs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kori,

We are so happy to read your great review! And we would be happy to have you come see us again the next time you are in Ames!

Thanks!
Allison, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the AmericInn in Ames which was close to Iowa State University where I attended a conference. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was an added plus and was adequate. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us while you attended a conference in Ames! So glad that everything went so well for you...please keep us in mind the next time you visit ISU!
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have enjoyed staying at the AmericInn. The location provides easy access to the Iowa State University campus. Hotel staff was very friendly, everything was clean, with a number of amenities, including room refrigerator. The internet access was reliable. Would stay here again for business!

Room Tip: I'd preferred the second floor rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay!
The next time you make a reservation, please request a second floor room and we will make sure to accomodate you.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Ames!
Muscatine, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had a very helpful desk clerk. I was upgraded to a suite free of charge for being a frequent visitor. Breakfast was hot early which was appreciated. The hotel had a good television channel selection.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tyler,

Thanks for the great review! We agree with you that we have an exceptionally friendly staff! We put a lot of effort into creating a hot and delicious breakfast each day, and we are happy that you found it satisfying!

We look forward to seeing you again!