“Nice Place to Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice Place to Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have enjoyed staying at the AmericInn. The location provides easy access to the Iowa State University campus. Hotel staff was very friendly, everything was clean, with a number of amenities, including room refrigerator. The internet access was reliable. Would stay here again for business!

Room Tip: I'd preferred the second floor rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AmericInnAmes, Manager at AmericInn Ames, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay!
The next time you make a reservation, please request a second floor room and we will make sure to accomodate you.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Ames!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Muscatine, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had a very helpful desk clerk. I was upgraded to a suite free of charge for being a frequent visitor. Breakfast was hot early which was appreciated. The hotel had a good television channel selection.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tyler,

Thanks for the great review! We agree with you that we have an exceptionally friendly staff! We put a lot of effort into creating a hot and delicious breakfast each day, and we are happy that you found it satisfying!

We look forward to seeing you again!
Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at this location once prior in July and had a very dissapointing stay. The manager called me with concerns I had and said she was taking care of them. I asked what she did to take care of the problem, she then asked me my name???? I told her and then spelled it out. Apperently she thought I was rude and gave me a "SHEEESH!" I waited a few months after that and stayed one week with a great room and great staff members I met there. So... I stayed a second week, I am 6'3" and can see above the shower surround. It appeared dirty/scummy/mildewy. There were finger nail clippings on the floor when I arrived. I took one of their washclothes to the top of surround and cleaned a section of approx 20" I waited the next day to see if they would rectify on it's own. The floor was not vacuumed and the shower had not been cleaned either. I called the front desk and talked to John (great with guests) and he transfered me to manager Sarah Litweller , to who I requested to come to the room to look at problems. She sent John who alledgedly gave her a report. I heard nothing back from her until after I sent corprate an email complaint. Jay from corprate called today and confered with me, I told him I would never stay there or my coworkers until Sarah is no longer at this facility. Americinns are usually great facilities with great management. Sorry AmericInn,, This location is a bust. Let the manager go her way and update the parking lot, Housekeeping apperently needs more time alloted per room to get the job done right or give each housekeeper a set of rooms for "pride of ownership". I will not do business at this location, however will continue to frequent other AmericInns without prejudice.

Room Tip: 218 was great room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pordenone, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay here 3 weeks for work. Taking in consideration all the points,hotel is ok for the price that they ask. Some bad points: staff is not so friendly, ther's an "old" smell in the room and two times my sheets was not so clean, internet connection doesn't work all the day and when work was too slow(I called reception a lot of time for that reason but they never fhe problem)ix t. Some good points: position is good, parking is big, there's a nice swimming pool with jacuzzi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ramon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We want to let you know that this hotel has new management, and, along with that, we have been undergoing many changes and updates. We feel that our new staff is super friendly and helpful, and that we have many amenities that make our guests feel right at home!

Please consider giving us another try when you are next in Ames!

Thanks!
Windsor Heights
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in Room 132 and woke up the next morning to find bed bugs!! Took some in an envelope up to the front desk girl -- no manager was on site. But I guess she was made aware of the situation. I realize this can happen anywhere but don't want it happening to ME! Very very disgusting. We took precautions not to bring any home with us but if we discover that we did in fact bring some home with us, the Americinn in Ames WILL be hearing from us.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura,

Please accept our sincere apologizies for the situation that took place during your stay with us. It would be horrifying for anyone to encounter such an issue, and it is embarrassing for any hotel to have this happen.

While this can happen at any hotel, we have recently come under new management and we take great care to inspect our rooms daily to avoid a situation like this one. Our housekeeping staff is thoroughly trained and they do an excellent job of keeping our rooms spotless.

While we may not be able to get you to come back and give us another try, we would like to at least extend the invitation to come and see the updates and wonderful changes that we have made at this hotel.

Again, apologizies.
Duluth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We loved the great motel staff, young, bright, friendly, helpful.
Our room was a typical two queens. The mattresses seemed old and not very comfortable. While everything was clean, the fixtures, like faucets and such were worn and unsightly. The whole room looked like it had received no maintenance since it was built. The lobby was very nice.
Breakfast was mediocre, coffee not worth drinking. We used to enjoy Americinns but have been disappointed recently.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gail,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the AmericInn in Ames. I want to let you know that this hotel has been undergoing many changes and updates, including new mattresses, new bathroom areas, and a new breakfast menu. The lobby is being redecorated as well.

I think that you would be very satisfied with the changes we are making, and I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you visit Ames!

Thanks!
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hotel staff was very friendly, everything was clean, lots of amenities were offered. Swimming pool and hot tub room was large and clean, and it even included a pool table. Easy access to Iowa State University, avoiding the traffic after football games. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful response to your stay with us! We are proud of our clean rooms, friendly staff and our convenient location. Please consider staying with us again when you are attending the next Iowa State football game!

Been to AmericInn Ames? Share your experiences!