“Unbelievable...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Ames
Linden, Tennessee
“Unbelievable...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I drive entertainer coaches and town was pretty well booked so had to stay here. Had another driver check me in as I was coming in late for my daughter's wedding. The owner Mr.Patel refuses to give me the key even tho the room was paid for two nights and in my name... Even after showing ID. Then felt something hard in my pillow... Mind you we are in Ames, IA. There was a anti-theft clip attached to the pillows... Really???

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Omaha
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I booked on line and requested extra towels, and pillows. When I got there I was asked how many people would be staying in the room. After I told them there would be four, I was told I had to pay an extra $5.95 for each person. When I asked why all I was told is "that's the policy". No where when I booked on line did it say I would be charged extra if I had more than one person in a room with 2 queen sized beds. Online I made the request for extra towels and pillows, the reservation was over a week in advance. After I was over charged for the room I was asked which floor I wanted to stay on. This let me know before I even go to my room that my request of extra towels and pillows was not going to be met. This is the first hotel I have stayed at that these simple requests were not met. There was trash in the hallway when we arrived at 5pm and the same trash was still in the hallway when we checked out at 9AM the next morning. It also took me over 15 minutes to check out because no one was at the front desk and I had to call and wait for someone to check out. Thank God there was a Panera right next door because their free breakfast was terrible. I have stayed Days Inn before in different cities and did not have any of these problems.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

De Witt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at this Days Inn in Ames, Iowa, a couple of Months ago. This time was even better! The room was even cleaner, and the continental breakfast was better. I will stay at this hotel every time I visit Ames. :) The people at the front desk are very friendly!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Unpretentious, a little dated but looks like it has been remodeled somewhat. The room was non-smoking, with no.faint odor of smoke. The hallway did smell of tobacco smoke though. The motel is located in a busy area of Ames, not far from Hwy. 30. My wife and I like to walk so location is important to us. There are sidewalks but they are crumbling and local businesses make no attempt, with a couple of exceptions, to keep grass, shrubs and trees trimmed next to the walks. While walking toward the ISU campus, things improved. The owners were pleasant and helpful. The continental breakfast was basic fare (biscuits and gravy, bread, cereal, coffee, juice, etc.) but to be expected with the room price of $50. plus tax. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Ames? Share your experiences!