If you are handicapped I would advise you to find a different hotel. The set up for handicapped leaves much to be desired. There are elevators which are nice,but the problem is they should be near the handicapped rooms instead of the opposite end of floor, or should I say 3 long halls from the handicapped rooms!
The rooms are large enough for a scooter and I would suggest you bring one if you stay here just to get around in the building!
The staff was very helpful and quite friendly and the rooms were nice! (Ours could have used some better lighting or a window though)
.I just think when making a handicap rooms you should consider the handicapped. Also if there would have been a fire I wouldn't have been able to write this as I wouldn't have made it down from the 2nd floor in time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Adventureland Inn! At Adventureland Inn you will find 185 guest rooms with over 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space! Adventureland Inn is a full service hotel with two restaurants on site, as well as room service. Our indoor pool areas and courtyards are among the finest in the area, with three pools featuring the only swim-up bar in the Midwest! We are located right next to Iowa's largest attraction, Adventureland and also next to Iowa’s largest casino, Prairie Meadows! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Adventureland Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adventureland Des Moines
- Adventureland Hotel Altoona
- Adventureland Inn Des Moines
- Adventure Land Inn
- Adventureland Inn Altoona, Iowa