We spent 3 nights at this hotel over the 4th of July weekend. We booked 8 rooms for a family reunion and I stayed in the 2 room suite on the East courtyard. The hotel was full, but our room was very quiet, except for the noise from the interior corridor with kids running and screaming. One call to the front desk did put an end to that. The front desk service was outstanding and friendly. Our only complaint was that our room, where everyone was hanging out (room 181), did not have proper air conditioning. It was cooling, but not nearly enough. We asked to have it fixed, but even though they sent a repair man, there was no change. The rest of our family reported that their rooms were "freezing" if they let the A/C run. Our room was clammy.
Overall, you are paying for location and two nice indoor pool areas. The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. We used the extra pillows on the shelf instead of the ones on the bed, which made a huge difference. Book this hotel if you would like easy access to Adventureland Park, or if you would like to spend the weekend hanging out at the pool, not if you're looking for luxury accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Adventureland Inn! At Adventureland Inn you will find 185 guest rooms with over 15,000 square feet of flexible meeting space! Adventureland Inn is a full service hotel with two restaurants on site, as well as room service. Our indoor pool areas and courtyards are among the finest in the area, with three pools featuring the only swim-up bar in the Midwest! We are located right next to Iowa's largest attraction, Adventureland and also next to Iowa’s largest casino, Prairie Meadows! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Adventureland Des Moines
- Adventureland Hotel Altoona
- Adventureland Inn Des Moines
- Adventure Land Inn
- Adventureland Inn Altoona, Iowa