“I like this Place Godd place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Des Moines East

You added Motel 6 Des Moines East to your Saves list
Motel 6 Des Moines East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3225 Adventureland Dr, I-80 at exit #142, Altoona, IA 50009   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Altoona
Council Bluffs
“I like this Place Godd place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2008

I stayed at this Motel 6 in East Des Moines / Altoona Iowa. I thought it was excellent. The service was great, the front desk clerks (evening~ check in and day~check out)were very polite and nice. I say there is nothing wrong with this location. I was there the beginning of June 2008 and I plan on going to this Motel 6 early next month as well depending on weather.
There was politeness, friendliness and the front desk clerk in the morning even asked me how my stay was. I had lost my sense of direction. So, I went back there to get directions to get back home. The first thing this person asked me was " Did you forget somethng?" Yeah I did, my way home. The clerk was very nice and gave me directions without talking to me like I was a complete idiot.
I would tell a friend they need to check out this motel. The only thing I realy have to say bad about this place and it's not really bad either. It was about 9 p.m. That's about the time the pool closes for the night. Well, there were still people in there, but it didn't bother me none because my room wasn't any where near the pool. SO, IF YOU EVER WANT A PLACE TO GO THAT IS ACTUALLY REASONABLY PRICED, STAY HERE!!

• Liked — Everything from the time we checked in til the time we checked out.
  • Disliked — Absolutely Nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
st paul, mn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

Good: Nice location, air conditioner worked quite well

Bad: Hotel amenities: 1 bar of soap, 1 hand towel (sand paper) the smell: the worst ever. musty. Opening the window (the crank was broke) didn't even help.

Ugly: Good luck going to the bathroom is you weigh more than 100 lbs. If you walk around the room in your socks, throw them away afterwards. There was "stuff" floating on the surface of the pool.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — annoying workers, smelled terrible, nice pool...NOT, dirty, small, bed was bad
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Des Moines East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Des Moines East

Address: 3225 Adventureland Dr, I-80 at exit #142, Altoona, IA 50009
Location: United States > Iowa > Altoona
Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Altoona
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Des Moines East 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Motel 6 Des Moines East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Altoona
Altoona Motel Six
Altoona Motel 6
Motel 6 Des Moines East Altoona, Iowa

If you own or manage Motel 6 Des Moines East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.