“Great food, great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Dinner for two with huge shrimp cocktail, salads, sides a huge Ribeye and filet with great martinis only $75.00. Great service, quality, fresh food and they were very busy. The manager Mark was running, bussing, hosting, etc and still managed to stop by and insure we were satisfied and chat. It was oddly my first time there and I live close by.They just stole me as a long time customer of Texas Road House. Our server Callie was great. Between her and Mark and of course our quality dinner I give the experience a perfect rating. P.S. the salads were the freshest, cold salads I've had in a while.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Jasper, Indiana
“Disappointing Longhorn experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was my third visit to a Longhorn restaurant, each in different cities, and was byfar the least enjoyable experience. We had a group of 11 for lunch on a Monday. Although it was the top of the lunch hour, the restaurant was nearly empty. Still, food service was slow, presentation of the food looked very "thrown together", my sirloin sandwich was blah (even though the description read tasty). My mom said she ordered her steak as rare as possible and one side was "burnt" (her words, not mine). My previous Longhorn dining experiences were very positive, so I don't know what happened here. I can't excuse the chef with the # in our party since it wasn't like he/she was cooking for a full restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Plainfield, Indiana
“Horrible place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I came in and told I would be served by someone and a different waiter came to my table. I got an appetizer which was timely and delicious but when me and my friend got our main course, everything turned out wrong. Our steaks were cooked wrong and he got mashed potatoes when he clearly asked for a potato. Everything was very expensive and not good since it wasn't what we asked for. Our ceasar salads had a little, if any ceasar on them. Just green leaves. To top it off, we didn't get a refill for almost 10 minutes when we had empty drinks. The waiter left us a togo box half way through our meal which confused us. I will NEVER go back

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Indiana, USA
“Disappointing- slow and stingy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went to Longhorn as a group of 10 for a family birthday party (restaurant chosen by the birthday man-- his favorite). We didn't mind the 20 or so minute wait to get a table during the busy Sunday lunch hour, as that was expected. What we DID mind-- it took 1 hour 45 minutes to have our meal, with no appetizers and no desserts.

We had two wait staff, one for each side of the table, although sometimes it was hard to find either of them. It took more time to get our food than I had ever experienced at Longhorn-- we were seated at 1pm, and didn't receive our main course until almost 2pm. When the bills filnally came around 2:25, it took another 10-15 minutes for the waiter to come back to get them before we could get our change.

Of course with a group of 10 we didn't expect the usual 60-70 minute time frame it would take with a smaller group of 2 or 4 people. But almost 2 hours???

As for my food, I am disappointed in Longhorn's stinginess considering their prices have continued to go up. My salad had very little cheese, and my so-called loaded baked potato had about 4 bacon bits and 10 pieces of shredded cheese. Come on.

Disappointing. None of the food was bad-- in fact, most peoples' was good. But the experience was lacking.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mooresville, Indiana
“Great Steaks & Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have never left this restaurant disappointed. In a slew of steakhouse chains Longhorn wins every time. Excellent service, great steaks, and a cool western motif to boot! My personal favorite is their Prime Rib-some of the best I've tasted and at a decent price.

• Visited December 2012