“Excellent food for value” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Charbonos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US Hwy 36 (Rockville Road)
Description: Part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family, Charbonos is located in Avon, Indiana. Named for an uncommon and delicious variety of grape found in California, Charbonos welcomes guests to the Tuscan countryside. You will find award winning entrees including: ample portions of salads, pastas featuring homemade sauces, tender steaks and wood-fired pizzas. Charbonos warm decor, fine cuisine and dedication to excellent service have made the restaurant a local and regional favorite for over 13 years. We look forward to serving you!
Avon, Indiana
“Excellent food for value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My girlfriends and I meet here for girl's night out and gossip sessions. We usually eat light and seldom drink alcohol. We do enjoy their salad menu and the prices is reasonable. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is wonderful for friends to gather. I enjoy not having little ones running around the tables. Although I have not had some of their heavier menu items my friends say they are excellent. I would encourage diners to try it for casual dinners or special events.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Plainfield, Indiana
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Part of a local entrepreneur that has several locations under half a dozen banners each offering a different atmosphere. Charbono's is very nice with quality food selections and good steaks.

Visited December 2013
Plainfield, Indiana
“This is now my new favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Best filet ever and they have bernaise sauce upon request. Also Charbonos makes the best garlic mashed potatoes. The salads are fresh and the dressings are very good. I love the crab cake also, but sometimes it can taste a bit scorched. My husband loves the cheeseburgers here. We were just here for mother's day weekend. We had reservations and were seated right away. We take our 9 year old along. They do have a children's menu.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Avon, Indiana
“Skimpy portions of trendy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Best scallops we have had in Indiana, but we left rather hungry for a $20 a plate dinner. There were 6 nice sized scallops ( maybe 3cm diameter each) but the arugula slaw was more of a garnish, and the risoto was tasty but rather a small portion. Huge plate though. Wonderful bread which is good because otherwise not much food. Excellent dipping sauce.

The manager was very apologetic about the nasty long hair my teenaged son found in his gourmet pizza. The pizza charge was voluntarily removed from our bill, and a hair in food is not the worst thing, but it did gross us some of our party. I suppose this can happen anywhere and they handled it well, but my son says even apart from the hair, he much prefers the more classic Papa John's cheese pizza available next door. Too much fresh garlic,fresh chopped tomatoes instead of sauce, too little cheese, too much grease, and not enough elasticity in the Charbonos' pizza.

The service was prompt and attentive. We've also been there for lunch which is a better value. The steak salads are especially good. Overall trendy,fresh food with friendly service.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Avon, Indiana
“Great food but small portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My friends and I checked it out because we heard the food is great. We weren't disappointed. The food tasted amazing especially for a restaurant in Avon. However some of the food portions were small. My friend had a small pasta that wasn't all the filling. My other had a spinach sandwich that looked great and I had a Greek type pizza which was a very good portion. We will definitely go back.