“A little slow” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Terre Haute, Indiana
“A little slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The meal was excellent. Prices seemed fair for what we had. The only problem was the wait. In my opinion we waited a little long for drinks. (Beer). We had a waitress in training, so I don't know if she forgot or the bar tender wouldn't help her out.

Visited August 2014

Crawfordsville, Indiana
“Service Lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We waited 15 minutes after being seated before being acknowledged we were there. Several wait staff people walked by us repeatedly. Finally, a waiter who had his hands full asked if we were being helped and we responded negatively. He sent a waitress over who was not going to be our server but took our drink and food order. Approximately 5 minutes later, we finally got our drinks. The waitress who was our server apologized and said our food would be out shortly. The very pleasant surprise to the experience was the food was fantastic. Overall, the service was poor but the meal almost made up for it! We will try it again if in the area.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Better than average!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I would love to give Cheddars a four, but there is room for improvement. I have been there several times now. First, I think the wait staff are always very good. I I do, however, feel some of the hostess staff could be a bit friendlier to the customers. Recently, we went for early dinner. We waited in an empty lobby while several girls milled about and the girl that did seat us said "two?", no greeting. First impression for your customers? Not good. My sister got a great chicken dinner. I had a little try and it was delish! Mine, not so good. Don't order the veggie plate, very boring. Saying that, I have not been disappointed at other meals. They usually give you tons of food for a very reasonable price. You generally have to take something home. One of my favorites is the chicken pot pie. It comes with a fresh salad and roll. My hubby likes the Buffalo wrap, which is like two wraps!I have never had a dessert there as I am usually quite full. I like that you can get a big booth for a group of six.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brownsburg, Indiana
“Great family dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were very impressed. Huge variety and portions. Excellent prices. Good drink menu. The monster cookie was amazing!!! Perfect for family dining. Loud atmosphere.

Visited June 2014
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Nice atmosphere & was given a warm welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had never tried Cheddars before. Had heard about it, didn't know what it was like. I went in for lunch but was disappointed that they didn't have a lunch menu. Waitress was really good, food was decent, but a bit pricey, I thought. I will try it again sometime.

• Visited April 2014