“Good value, but slow” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Plainfield, Indiana
“Good value, but slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We arrived before 5pm on a Sunday and were quickly seated. It took a while for our waiter to show up. We ordered our drinks, appetizer and entrees at the same time. Once again, it took a while for the drinks to arrive and way too long for the appetizer. Our entrees arrived immediately after the appetizer was served. The food was good and the portions were large. The kids menu portions were enough for an adult with a small appetite.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good food, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have eaten at Cheddar's numerous times since it opened. It is in a very convenient location for my husband to meet me for lunch. The prices are great, the servings are plentiful, and the food is NORMALLY great. However, the area that seems to have issues is the staffing. I have been there for lunch and dinner, weekday and weekend, but there is always new staff. The hostesses are not friendly at all, and the servers make a lot of mistakes. It is quite common for food to come out missing something or have the wrong side dishes. I have seen someone training in our section on almost every visit. This is not a restaurant to visit if you are in a hurry. The chips and queso come out quickly, but you will wait for drinks, your food, and your check. The servers have a bad habit of completely disappearing once the food arrives and it is a bit difficult to track them down to get the check or boxes.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Avon, Indiana
“Yum!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Great food, especially the chicken tenders. Eaten there 4 times and always great!! If you sit in the bar area you done have to wait as long. No wait if you score a place at the actual bar.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plainfield, Indiana
“Reasonable prices, good food, but crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

First visit we went on a Sunday at 11:00. I ordered the chicken tenders. I received a whole platter of them. They were huge. Lots of breading, but also the meat was huge too. I think there were 6 large tenders. I shared them with my son. They were okay. My husband got the wraps with the fried chicken tenders. He received 4 wraps on his plate. Huge portions. They were very good. We tried the croissants with the honey butter. They were okay, but my hands were sticky afterwards. Next visit, I ordered the beef nachos (had the beans held). They were fantastic! This time we were seated in the side atrium and it was so loud in that section we had to practically yell at each other. Next time I'm waiting for a table in the center of the restaurant, or maybe outside.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Slow service, Stk misgrilled 3 times, and no apology from mgr.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Server was slow to get our drink order and seemed to be on a different planet? Steak was ordered medium rare and was grilled med well the first time and then the second came out well? The third time it came out medium and I accepted it since my family was done eating their meals. I was not charged for the dinner, but I never received an aplogy. If you want great service and a great steak I would stick with Texas Roadhouse.

• Visited September 2012